Josh Aloiai re-signs until 2025

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Profession athletes = role models. Same goes for anyone in the public eye. Don’t like it, become a nobody like the rest of us and spew your archaic views behind closed doors (or supporters forums).
While I definitely don't agree with Aloiai on this one, I have to agree with RP in that we don't get to say who can and cannot be a role model. If we are accepting as a society, then all reasonable thought should be on the table. Unfortunately, this includes the parts that we as individuals may not align with.

20221029_101252.jpg

Saw this at Coles manly vale.

Well there is another store a few of our boys can now boycott

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Ok… Ok!!! It’s clear we need to unite and I have found the solution. It’s called… “Ranga Round”.

Teams will wear jerseys ranging from Flaming Ranga Red through to the “strawberry blond” (still a ranga, whatever you say). Manly can be in the middle - “Manly Copper”.

(On a serious note: One of the things this topic proves is that humans can be complex creatures. The other thing I would say is that I am glad I have evolved from the ignorant views I held in my teens and early 20s on a broad range of topics, thanks to some wonderful people were patient, kind and didn’t judge me.)

Bloody typical of you Righteous Rangas .... look at me .. look at me ... you're bloody in-breds ...

Never any thought of Including the Grey Hairs .... or those poor sad bald baarstaards ....

Well thankfully we don't live in a nation where the government commutes death sentences to insurgents budgieeie. And I'm sure if there was a gay player that had death threats you'd be just a quick to dismiss them as being non existent (sarcasm). I'm not anti gay at all and would be just as disgraced with someone doing that as I would with it happening to Josh. I do however believe in freedom and liberty and I don't think anyone should be threatened with death for following their own personal convictions. This argument has little to do with government death threats, but you were the one that brought it up remember darl.

The irony is ... that those countries you mention that are killing people ... are the very same countries where the rights of the people have either been removed or never existed ... and yet there are people on here who wish to remove those very same rights from our country ... madness for a cause !!!

He chooses to be devout and I respect that, just wish he didn't say that who I am is a choice!! That is what is really hurtful!
I'm sorry that choice causes you such hurt, I can't, if I'm honest put myself in your exact position and say I would feel any different.

In saying that, choice may not be an option for you, but for a Bi man / woman it would be wouldn't it ? They choose who they are with and what sex their partner is ?
I am just trying to better understand.

We really set the standard pretty low for role models these days, and as a parent I wouldn't worry too much.

I used to love Boony. Back in the day he was an absolute hero. By todays standards he'd be a boozer pest drinking 20 schooeys on an airplane.

Reallistically the role models these days are people like Kim Kardashian known for sucking on some guys knob, and Nick Kyrgios who is just an A grade Fwit. Are we really worried about Aloiai? Most people wouldn't even know who he is. Hell even Vlandys called him Olay Oshay.

I'm sorry that choice causes you such hurt, I can't, if I'm honest put myself in your exact position and say I would feel any different.

In saying that, choice may not be an option for you, but for a Bi man / woman it would be wouldn't it ? They choose who they are with and what sex their partner is ?
I am just trying to better understand.
Bisexuality is about being attracted to your own gender and opposite genders.

Again it is NOT a choice.

I firmly believe that you cannot help who you fall in love with.

What I would like to see is tolerance and understanding rather than ignorance and bigotry.

Im very critical of the words Josh Aloia chose and I understand that he was on the spot when he said it and I hope that he is able to understand that those words that its a choice to be who ever you are? Are reflected on and understood that there is room in the game for all of us!!!

Bisexuality is about being attracted to your own gender and opposite genders.

Again it is NOT a choice.

I firmly believe that you cannot help who you fall in love with.

What I would like to see is tolerance and understanding rather than ignorance and bigotry.

Im very critical of the words Josh Aloia chose and I understand that he was on the spot when he said it and I hope that he is able to understand that those words that its a choice to be who ever you are? Are reflected on and understood that there is room in the game for all of us!!!
Agreed
You can't help who you fall in love with
Tolerance over ignorance and bigotry
Respect for everyone's personal beliefs
Not forcing your belief on others.

The only way everyone is included.

Problem solved play on Josh.

Respect for everyone's personal beliefs
Except that not everyone's personal beliefs actually deserve respect. From extreme examples to not-so extreme examples, there have always been limits to what society is willing to accept and tolerate. And apparently many of us are willing to accept the belief (without necessarily sharing it) that gay people are somehow lesser than the rest of us.

Except that not everyone's personal beliefs actually deserve respect. From extreme examples to not-so extreme examples, there have always been limits to what society is willing to accept and tolerate. And apparently many of us are willing to accept the belief (without necessarily sharing it) that gay people are somehow lesser than the rest of us.
That comes under the part of not forcing your beliefs onto others.

Not just Josh.
Let's hope everyone regardless of what side they sit on has learned. But I doubt it.
There will always be people who insist their belief is right and force that on to others.

Respecting boundaries
I am not someone who forces my beliefs down the throat of others, I prefer to call out what I see as blatant ignorance like the words Josh used to describe people like me.

Tolerance is a two way street. I respect any persons right to be faithful to what they believe in as I know personally how it comforts people in times of distress.

When you are born a homosexual or straight or bi etc. It is never a choice, its the way we are.

The people who stood themselves down for the Roosters game as they refused to wear a jersey that was all about inclusiveness and they demand the right not to wear it yet expect their religion and culture to be observed and respected and be allowed to exclusive sent out a confusing message to everyone and isolated further people in their own community who are LGBTQIA+

And I would add on top of this great little post...

There is an important (though often over-looked) distinction between respecting the person as opposed to respecting their beliefs. We can all choose and change beliefs.

Two for the price of one from the SMH.

Summary: IR giving it to JA. Sam Rahme outbound, who happens to be a friend of the Fulton clan (offering Kristie a job) and Peters.

How murky are the tides and eddies/rips and currents surrounding the Manly club:

Two for the price of one from the SMH.

Summary: IR giving it to JA. Sam Rahme outbound, who happens to be a friend of the Fulton clan (offering Kristie a job) and Peters.

How murky are the tides and eddies/rips and currents surrounding the Manly club:
Sporting trailblazer Ian Roberts has described Manly Seven ringleader Josh Aloiai as “ignorant”, sparking a public war of words.

Roberts says Aloiai’s reason for not wearing the club’s pride jumper isn’t “deep enough”. Roberts also questioned Aloiai’s revelation that his gay sister was comfortable with Aloiai’s decision not to wear the pride jumper.

But the Manly and Samoa prop has had enough of the criticism. “I’m over it,” Aloiai said. “We are the ones being fair here, but we have copped most of the flak.”

Roberts, who in 1995 became the first high-profile Australian sportsperson to come out as gay, watched Aloiai’s interview on Nine News during the week, and said it had an immediate impact on him.

“I suppose the thing that upset me most about it initially was that he and the
other boys had death threats,” Roberts said. “I really do hope that the club or the NRL chases this up because it’s something that’s just totally unacceptable.

“I would say it’s not unfamiliar for anyone in the in the queer community, particularly my age. I mean, you only go back to the ’80s and ’90s and gay people were being thrown off cliffs. So we’ve kind of lived with that whole violence and death thing ... and because he is getting death threats that’s the reason we need a pride round for inclusion and acceptance.”

In the interview, Aloiai said his sister supported his decision to boycott Manly’s match against the Roosters rather than wear the pride jersey.

“It does my head in listening to Josh talking about his sister, [it doesn’t] sit well with me,” Roberts said. “If she’s been told, ‘We love you but, you know, you can’t bring your lifestyle home’ or, ‘You can’t be who you are’, that’s dismissing her and who she really is.

“I had a situation with my younger sister who I always thought was totally accepting of my sexuality. Just prior to the marriage equality vote, my sister and I and my mum were having a chat, and my sister said she was going to vote against it. That was a real smack in the face for me. In reference to Josh, he’s living in a fantasy world.”

Roberts is incensed at Aloiai’s insistence that he won’t wear the pride jumper or play in a pride round next season.

“Why isn’t he going to wear the jumper? I still don’t think I’ve heard a deep enough reason for him to say that,” Roberts said. “He sounds very ignorant. He says, ‘We’re accepting of all people. But I draw the line at wearing a rainbow’. He’s saying he is loving and Christian but the acceptance isn’t for everyone. It’s contradictory and it’s hypocritical.”

Aloiai was flying back from England after suffering a tournament-ending knee injury at the World Cup. He took issue with the critics of his stance on the pride jersey.

“They’re the only ones that create such an uproar when you don’t agree with them and want to support their agenda.

“We don’t Bible-bash and force people to share the same beliefs and support us. We are the ones being fair here, but copping the most flak for it. I’m over it. I see people preach inclusivity but then as soon as we’ve made a stand of faith, they’ve segregated and ostracised us. You tell me who’s the non-inclusive ones.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8