JDB Federal Court Challenge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I note that Jarryd Hayne has pleaded not guilty to Aggravated Sexual Assault.
Unless I'm mistaken one of the allegations is that he inflicted injury to the victim. Isn't this the same charge de Belin is facing?
If so, why are there not the same hysterical media reports that Hayne could face Life behind bars if convicted?
It seems to an outsider like me that Hayne is not facing the same media scrutiny as de Belin.

I note that Jarryd Hayne has pleaded not guilty to Aggravated Sexual Assault.
Unless I'm mistaken one of the allegations is that he inflicted injury to the victim. Isn't this the same charge de Belin is facing?
If so, why are there not the same hysterical media reports that Hayne could face Life behind bars if convicted?
It seems to an outsider like me that Hayne is not facing the same media scrutiny as de Belin.
Cause Hayne is no longer a registered NRL player. They don't care now he's out. JDB is.

Media reports say Hayne is facing a maximum sentence of 20 years yet de Belin is facing a life sentence. I don't understand the difference. Does anyone?
Also, what has happened to Hayne's alleged 'rape' in the USA?

Media reports say Hayne is facing a maximum sentence of 20 years yet de Belin is facing a life sentence. I don't understand the difference. Does anyone?
Also, what has happened to Hayne's alleged 'rape' in the USA?
JDB has added weight due to the victim being allegedly attacked '...in company' :tmi:

Hayne is no longer an NRL story :cool:

Banned NRL star Jack de Belin’s hopes of having his rape trial finalised before the start of the new season are set to be dashed with reports it is now likely to be delayed until August.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported on Friday night that de Belin’s trial, which had been scheduled to begin on February 3, is set to be pushed back due to a backlog of cases.

Not sure who Debelin's counsel is but leaving 'a series of complex and sensitive legal arguments' until trial week is a very poor move when delay is such an issue for your client. If the issues were flagged earlier they could have been argued and settled well before the trial. Either the Crown sprang some late surprise (which happens all the time in trials) or Debelin's barrister only turned his mind to certain issues late in the piece (which also happens all the time as barristers are usually fully concentrating on the case they are in the middle of and many have to be 'prodded' to think in advance about their upcoming trials).

Either way a delay until August would be a huge blow for Debelin. And 20 months is a long wait for a trial, at least he has been on bail.

If he is found guilty, then he gets what he deserves. But if Debelin is found not guilty, and despite the decision by the earlier court, this could turn into a serious case of Restraint of Trade with the potential, if the NRL are found at fault, of a possible Izzy like payout. Personally I think Izzy is foolishly myopic, but its a perfect example of authorities taking it upon themselves to be judge, jury and executioners in matters not directly related to them. It ended up seriously damaging the RU image. Same could end up applying to the NRL and Debelin

1581658432523.png

Not sure who Debelin's counsel is but leaving 'a series of complex and sensitive legal arguments' until trial week is a very poor move when delay is such an issue for your client. If the issues were flagged earlier they could have been argued and settled well before the trial. Either the Crown sprang some late surprise (which happens all the time in trials) or Debelin's barrister only turned his mind to certain issues late in the piece (which also happens all the time as barristers are usually fully concentrating on the case they are in the middle of and many have to be 'prodded' to think in advance about their upcoming trials).

Either way a delay until August would be a huge blow for Debelin. And 20 months is a long wait for a trial, at least he has been on bail.

Any chance it’s got something to do with Sinclair recently retaining new counsel? (reported as the reason the proceedings were to start this week instead of in a month’s time - the new barrister had an opening in his calendar that the original one apparently didn’t). Perhaps their respective defence strategies aren’t so closely aligned anymore?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6