JDB Federal Court Challenge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll sit back and wait. The game is on but I'll make no predictions regarding the outcome. The Folau case has similar implications that question of the individual vs the establishment.. RollerBall questioned the same issue. I support neither De Bellin nor Folau, only the right of the individual rights over the establishment.

More charges for De Begin today.
Read the whole article here;
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/2ae3f12370654e63e3cf84c4ab75d2e5

35ccdb6ab8bae1e7bce37f6c5f9aea96

Jack de Belin has been hit with a fresh charge.Source: AAP
Sidelined St George Illawarra player Jack de Belin has been hit with a fresh criminal charge relating to his alleged rape of a 19-year-old woman in Wollongong in December.

De Belin is now facing one count of assault occasioning bodily harm after detectives met with his lawyers this week.
It comes after the former NSW Origin star was hit with two additional counts of aggravated sexual assault in company when he faced court in May.
It comes after the former NSW Origin star was hit with two additional counts of aggravated sexual assault in company when he faced court in May.

St George Illawarra Dragons player Jack de Belin is potentially facing life behind bars if convicted of a newly laid sexual assault charge which will be aired in court for the first time on Wednesday.

The Mercury can reveal prosecutors have finalised which charges will proceed against de Belin and his co-accused, Shellharbour Sharks player Callan Sinclair, who are alleged to have jointly raped a woman inside a Wollongong apartment block last December.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/st...ing-upgraded-rape-charge-20190724-p52a53.html

There was an interesting angle on JDB's appeal of the Stand Down ruling this week.

DT had headlines on Dragons blaming the JDB scenario for their bad season.

Something along the line of JDB training with the squad is emotionally draining on his team mates as he then can't play and they feel bad for him :cool:

Not looking good for debelin.
Why? What's changed?
The Police are just playing a PR game. You do appreciate that the Police have a whole media department as large as any multi-national corporation whose job it is to leak positive information to the press? That's why whenever there is a drug bust you have vision of it happening etc.
de Belin hasn't been given a chance to air a defence. He's maintained his innocence throughout and is spending big money on his defence.
Have you already forgotten the Jon Jarrett 'rape' court case?
Let the court system decide, not the Police Media department.

There was an interesting angle on JDB's appeal of the Stand Down ruling this week.

DT had headlines on Dragons blaming the JDB scenario for their bad season.

Something along the line of JDB training with the squad is emotionally draining on his team mates as he then can't play and they feel bad for him :cool:
So very hard to prove, but there is no doubt it has an effect both ability wise and mentally on a footy sides performance missing such an integral player, as I recall the poor season Manly went through on the back of the Snake Stewart saga, just could not find form and it was more than just physical....the pity for Snake, he had so many problems following up this situation including injuries and just a pile of Bad luck and never found his Top form again....this was a situation I feel the NRL got off too lightly, particularly the fact he was innocent....back to Debellin - it does 100% have an adverse effect on Illawarra, but "IF" found guilty the NRL is this case has little to answer for...

Why? What's changed?
The Police are just playing a PR game. You do appreciate that the Police have a whole media department as large as any multi-national corporation whose job it is to leak positive information to the press? That's why whenever there is a drug bust you have vision of it happening etc.
de Belin hasn't been given a chance to air a defence. He's maintained his innocence throughout and is spending big money on his defence.
Have you already forgotten the Jon Jarrett 'rape' court case?
Let the court system decide, not the Police Media department.

Didn't follow the jarret case so no comment.

Does not look good for debelin because the new charge carries a maximum of LIFE. to me that is not "looking good"
I don't think that you can argue if someone who is now facing more charges with a longer maximum sentence is not in a worse outlook than before.

The Police are just playing a PR game. You do appreciate that the Police have a whole media department as large as any multi-national corporation whose job it is to leak positive information to the press

The court case is TODAY. Do you want the police to hide details? I'm sure there would have been press there today either way.

Didn't follow the jarret case so no comment.

Does not look good for debelin because the new charge carries a maximum of LIFE. to me that is not "looking good"
I don't think that you can argue if someone who is now facing more charges with a longer maximum sentence is not in a worse outlook than before.
Yes, it’s that fifth charge he and his mate Sinclair have been hit with that carries a maximum penalty of life in prison. Aggravated sexual assault in company causing actual bodily harm.

The court case is TODAY. Do you want the police to hide details? I'm sure there would have been press there today either way.
What I'm saying is that the Police could/should have charged him with these 'new' charges months ago when he previously appeared in court.
Nothing has changed. The allegations should still the same. There is only one accuser so what has changed in her account of the incident since the last court hearing to warrant these fresh charges? If it is not consistent with her initial allegations then the defence will pick her inconsistencies apart when they finally get their chance.
Because de Belin is a 'celebrity' the Police decide to concoct/announce new charges just to gain more media attention. Do you think a similar case of an unknown would attract such interest?
I worked as a journalist in Police Rounds for a major Sydney newspaper. Some of my then colleagues took jobs in the media department of the Police Force. I know how they attract positive publicity.
Good PR people will only release some of the story initially. When the coverage dies down then they can release something new and it re-ignites the coverage. Everybody thinks how wonderful the Police are relentlessly digging up new dirt on an accused.
All I'm saying is don't believe everything the Police say or what is reported until it gets to an actual court hearing when an accused can challenge the 'evidence' and mount a defence. Then you will gain an understanding of both sides of the story.
Currently the Police can allege anything and the accused is not allowed to respond.
PS: for those who didn't follow the Jon Jarret rape allegation; the jury found him not guilty after just 15 minutes. This was not only a miscarriage of justice it was a massive waste of resources and taxpayer funds - and it almost certainly would only ever happen to a 'celebrity'.

It is pretty standard for police to lay a charge initially to start proceedings and sometimes allow them to run DNA test, extended questioning etc. Then as the investigation goes on add charges if they think they may stick or work a plea deal. As I'm sure you know.
If they dropped some of the charges I'd have said things were looking better for him.

It is pretty standard for police to lay a charge initially to start proceedings and sometimes allow them to run DNA test, extended questioning etc. Then as the investigation goes on add charges if they think they may stick or work a plea deal. As I'm sure you know.
If they dropped some of the charges I'd have said things were looking better for him.
Fair enough.
I just hope justice is done and the correct verdict is given following a fair trial.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6