Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If Harper does continue his good form, it will be interesting to see if Suli is able to waltz back into the side or if he spends any time playing at Blacktown....
There is no way Suli should come back into FG at all, barring injuries. He has had far more than enough time prove he deserves to be there...and honestly, he hasn't even come close. Move him on next year and pay half his freight...it's a really good deal with Tippytoes, Koula etc awaiting their opportunity.

There is no way Suli should come back into FG at all, barring injuries. He has had far more than enough time prove he deserves to be there...and honestly, he hasn't even come close. Move him on next year and pay half his freight...it's a really good deal with Tippytoes, Koula etc awaiting their opportunity.

Suli is a talented player, no doubt about that. But the reality is that he has pretty much done SFA since the 2019 Semi-Final loss to Souffs. For some reason he has got it into his head that he is going to break every tackle. And look, its good that the kid has that confidence, but the reality is that he probably breaks about one in fifteen and almost every other time he basically dies with the ball and his winger catches more colds than passes (that was half of Garrick's problem last year, lack of quality ball). And don't get me started on Suli's defense. Sometimes its OK, most times its poor reads and poor attempts.

Harper has shown more in the past two games than Suli has shown in his past 17 (the amount he's played since that loss to Souths in 2019). Hopefully if Des does go by numbers, he see's Harper outplaying Suli.

Wow hindsight really is a stinking bitch sometimes. Most of the posts by the Illuminati on this thread from before today are gold. What did you expect we were signing? Josh addo carr? Saab is a kid with only a handful of FG games under the belt. He's going to be rough. He's going to make mistakes. He's still learning and has a lot to learn but the kid could be anything. He's got blistering speed which is awsome on tbe end of our backline.
In the past Tommys break from our own line would have ended in him having to do it all himself or getting tackled without a s ore. Today it was 6 points all because the kid has speed.
If Tom stays fit all season im predicting Saab will score at least 15 tries. A twin turbo Saab might not be everyons choice but it will do me thanks.

Some know their footy, some don’t. View attachment 17768
ah yes... most of the death riders simply have nooooo idea! They need to go and co
The napa special
oh yes maybe not like the big pappa lol lol. But back to tackling - my head has so many stitches more on the right side than the left because at times
His defence is a little bit of a worry. However, I think even the last two weeks he’s shown considerable improvement. With Harper instead if suli next to him he hasn’t had to panic and rush in. Suli has so many bad reads that Saab was losing confidence in his decision making and just began running in to try shut down the play.

This week particularly Saab kept on his wing and was being really conservative in his defence (eg when Thompson made that break and Saab, who was jogging cautiously, could have risked it to rush toward Thompson to shut it down). I think this is a good thing because Saab knows he is fast enough to chase players down if they do beat him, but he’s just got to keep away from panicking.

I like him, not just his speed, but I think he is genuinely wanting to improve week by week and has shown considerable change.
Oh yes I agree - I am just worried with his defence he doesn't seem to know/understand the technique required at different times. Hopefully that will come. Apparently from memory he took up League late in life so he will learn and improve.

Scored two and let in zero.
He's better than some in our 30 no doubt.

Question: is he better than the hopoate we let go?

Wow hindsight really is a stinking bitch sometimes. Most of the posts by the Illuminati on this thread from before today are gold. What did you expect we were signing? Josh addo carr? Saab is a kid with only a handful of FG games under the belt. He's going to be rough. He's going to make mistakes. He's still learning and has a lot to learn but the kid could be anything. He's got blistering speed which is awsome on tbe end of our backline.
In the past Tommys break from our own line would have ended in him having to do it all himself or getting tackled without a s ore. Today it was 6 points all because the kid has speed.
If Tom stays fit all season im predicting Saab will score at least 15 tries. A twin turbo Saab might not be everyons choice but it will do me thanks.
As I said from game 1, he’s a kid , he’ll learn but he has something we’ve lacked for a long long time so he’s worth persevering with.

great post - the "illuminati" on here should be renamed the blackholeinati or the noideainati!

Scored two and let in zero.
He's better than some in our 30 no doubt.

Question: is he better than the hopoate we let go?
No knocking the guy as I see this is his role but he scored after all the hard work had been done for him. The line breaks and tackle busts had been made by others. The bloke is a human greyhound...

No knocking the guy as I see this is his role but he scored after all the hard work had been done for him. The line breaks and tackle busts had been made by others. The bloke is a human greyhound...
Wingers are great finishers, make yards out of our own end, diffuse bombs well, be an attacking air option for our own bombs and defend well on that edge. He is a great finisher and will be going forward... now he needs to refine his skill at the other aspects of the game. A long way to go but gee he will be exciting to watch.

Sensational ... he has got the running straight to the line mastered ... now to work on that pesky tackling business ... only 3 missed tackles out of 5 yesterday ... and I am 100% certain that just because he has got nowhere near the 8 kicks that have put up for him yet ... he will eventually get one ...

He’s getting better every game, can’t believe there were rumours we were going to drop him. Honestly think he’s the fastest bloke in the NRL and he’s going to score a lot of tries this year.

Also from my experience he’s an awesome young man who is great with the kids. Dragons fans will try to tell you otherwise but I reckon we’ve got a great one here

He’s getting better every game, can’t believe there were rumours we were going to drop him. Honestly think he’s the fastest bloke in the NRL and he’s going to score a lot of tries this year.

Also from my experience he’s an awesome young man who is great with the kids. Dragons fans will try to tell you otherwise but I reckon we’ve got a great one here
Id believe nothing a dragons fan said. Ever.

Sensational ... he has got the running straight to the line mastered ... now to work on that pesky tackling business ... only 3 missed tackles out of 5 yesterday ... and I am 100% certain that just because he has got nowhere near the 8 kicks that have put up for him yet ... he will eventually get one ...
Just say, "I was likely wrong" and move along. It's good for the soul to admit you aren't always right. Perhaps you should try it out sometime.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10