Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
We now have a winger that can sprint 90 metres and get a try against the run of play if the opposition mucks up an attack. He will get better as he gets more experienced and defensively as he and Harper play more games together.
How good was he on Saturday @sheridanstand78? Seemed to be in second gear when he cruised up next to Harper...

I doubted his pace when he got run down by Cook but jeez he looked fast on Saturday...

I will say the same thing I've said all season ..
Didn't know the kid before he played here but heard alot of ppl talk him up when he signed with us as an instant superstar...
So far he has been average..
That's not a death ride, that's a fair statement of the footy he's dished up thus far .
Kid has pace, which we sorely needed, but apart from being fast.. he hasn't done much to stand out, but again, he's young and it's only early.
The Titans game was a great step forward for him, but I won't be singing his name from the roof tops just yet..
When Tommy turbo breaks the line himself, runs 50m, draws in the last defender and puts the ball on your chest to score.. that's more on turbos talent then yours.. you ran fast enough to keep up,, great.. but that's all you did..
Same for his second try.. Harper had the talent to block the kick, pick it up on the fly and run 30m, THAT was the talent part of the try, again.. was just pure speed putting the finishing touch on the try.
Again, not bagging the kid, and I hope he stays in our top 17 all year long, I just want to see him show something else.. some footy smarts, some defensive wyles, some aerial acrobatics other wingers seem to do with such ease...
I want to see more than just.. "he's fast and can run to the line once the more talented players do all the hard stuff" type plays

His game if you had to break it down is probably only at 40-50% complete at the moment

Isn't that exactly the point that some people here are making? It's a reasonable concern to have.

I am happy that he is there, but I am not sure if any other player would be playing NRL if their skillset is only "40-50%" complete (which I don't disagree with).

He adds excitement, he may not make the break, but when you see him coming up, you can't help but jump to you feet and ride him home...
That said, he does have areas he needs to work on, defense, particularly the backpedaling, timing his kick chase/jump and those dreaded suicide passes he threw to Walker.

If he scores 2 a match like that, maybe I dont give a **** about the rest @:D

I know the game has changed a hell of a lot over the years but he reminds me a lot of when Martin Offiah first came into the game. He had been playing union and had no smarts when it came to positioning but he had pace to burn. The players around him helped him out and put on plays that played to his strengths (exactly like last weeks kick from the scrum try). It just shows its a two way thing, the lad himself will have to work his arse off to fill in the gaps and the team /coaching staff have a part to play too. The more performances like the last couple of games will boost his confidence and encourage him to keep doing the good things

When Tommy turbo breaks the line himself, runs 50m, draws in the last defender and puts the ball on your chest to score.. that's more on turbos talent then yours.. you ran fast enough to keep up,, great.. but that's all you did..
Same for his second try.. Harper had the talent to block the kick, pick it up on the fly and run 30m, THAT was the talent part of the try, again.. was just pure speed putting the finishing touch on the try.
Next time look more closely, the speed that Saab showed in those 2 plays, same as last week, was simply next level. To the point where it is a weapon.
Yep, plenty of weaknesses in his game and you can bet there are a couple of coaches out there who will spend a lot of time coming up with plans to try to exploit that.
But without Saab on Saturday, either or both of those 2 plays may have broken down.
It is Addo-Carr type speed, Pappenhuyzen speed, it turns a chance into a try, demoralises the opposition, brings confidence to our side. And to me :)
Go Saab!

Next time look more closely, the speed that Saab showed in those 2 plays, same as last week, was simply next level. To the point where it is a weapon.
Yep, plenty of weaknesses in his game and you can bet there are a couple of coaches out there who will spend a lot of time coming up with plans to try to exploit that.
But without Saab on Saturday, either or both of those 2 plays may have broken down.
It is Addo-Carr type speed, Pappenhuyzen speed, it turns a chance into a try, demoralises the opposition, brings confidence to our side. And to me :)
Go Saab!
He's defo quick.. I dunno, all I'm saying is Addo carr and pappenhuyzen (especially paps) have the ability to score trys off their own plays... They are great at backing up to score, but they also CREATE the scoring opportunities..
It's just something Saab hasnt shown..
BUT like I said, he's young, there's PLENTY of time to prove himself..

Go Saab!
Saab is quicker than both JAC & Paps!!!

I will say the same thing I've said all season ..
Didn't know the kid before he played here but heard alot of ppl talk him up when he signed with us as an instant superstar...
So far he has been average..
That's not a death ride, that's a fair statement of the footy he's dished up thus far .
Kid has pace, which we sorely needed, but apart from being fast.. he hasn't done much to stand out, but again, he's young and it's only early.
The Titans game was a great step forward for him, but I won't be singing his name from the roof tops just yet..
Again, not bagging the kid, and I hope he stays in our top 17 all year long, I just want to see him show something else.. some footy smarts, some defensive wyles, some aerial acrobatics other wingers seem to do with such ease...
I want to see more than just.. "he's fast and can run to the line once the more talented players do all the hard stuff" type plays
SPEED KILLS - it's true - just ask @BOZO

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10