[Resurrected] Jarryd Hayne, the (forgotten) locked up man

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hayne is going for one of these deals, given he missed the all-stars.

NRL ruling to allow Rapana to serve drink-driving, All Stars bans at same time​

Adam Pengilly

By Adam Pengilly

February 13, 2022 — 2.44pm
Save
Normal text sizeLarger text sizeVery large text size
Leave a comment
Advertisement

The NRL will controversially allow Jordan Rapana to serve a suspension from the All Stars game and an off-season drink-driving charge concurrently, easing the pain on the Raiders’ thinning outside backs stocks.

Looks like he’s out for awhile

Retrial.. is code for "early release from prison." Wont be much of a life when he does get released, pretty sordid story to say the least.

I actually believe his story. Her story has holes in it left, right and centre. There is a txt msg that she sent to her friends saying that she can't remember if she consented or not. She has said that he forced his hand down her pants but in another story says that he just started feeling her up. One minute she says he didn't stop when she said "no" but then says she can't remember... Then he goes and sits with her and her mum watching TV. Doesn't sound like something you'd do if you just forced yourself on someone. He's probably guilty of being a numbnut and feeling entitled but not what he is actually charged for... just my opinion anyway.
I thought he met the Mother while she was watching the GF for a brief moment before what he is accused of doing----but i haven't kept up with the reports for a while now so my recollection might be wrong.

He really is a numbnut if he meets and greets the mother beforehand, enters a room nearby and proceeds to do what he is accused of.

I mean seriously the Mother is nearby have some f&^king class and respect.(to both of them)

5yrs based on he said she said evidence along with the back story involved seems rediculous to say the least.

5yrs based on he said she said evidence along with the back story involved seems rediculous to say the least.
Hilarious. So if the victim is the only witness you should get a shorter sentence?

Doesn't matter is there are 100 witnesses or no witnesses. The jury is told to examine the evidence and only find guilt if they are satisfied beyond reasonable doubt.

(I haven't heard any details of the Hayne appeal decision except that the judge apparently gave incorrect directions to the jury. The appeal court could have entered a verdict of not guilty but did not, instead they remitted it to the District Court for re-trial)

Hilarious. So if the victim is the only witness you should get a shorter sentence?

Doesn't matter is there are 100 witnesses or no witnesses. The jury is told to examine the evidence and only find guilt if they are satisfied beyond reasonable doubt.

(I haven't heard any details of the Hayne appeal decision except that the judge apparently gave incorrect directions to the jury. The appeal court could have entered a verdict of not guilty but did not, instead they remitted it to the District Court for re-trial)
Other than blood from the obvious region that even her Dr agreed could have been caused "in an attempt to sexually stimulate" we have nothing else "obvious and in your face" to warrant locking someone up for 5yrs other than she says she said no he says this is not the case.

All i am saying is if you are the only witness in my eyes you need way more than the above to send someone away for 5yrs, stating "i'm not sure whether he bit me or cut me or whatever the hell he did" doesn't have a confident enough tone to it also.

I'm not supporting this dropkick numbnut, what was reported in America with the civil lawsuit that was eventually settled is not forgotten in my eyes believe me, but i do worry such outcomes are too easy to come by.

Yes if the physical injuries are beyond doubt of what kind of actions took place combined with DNA evidence then yeah being the only witness holds more weight.

Haynes whole football legacy, including his man of the series SOO win is now in tatters, sure, he'll probably get off on his next trial, and become a free man. mmm...free to do what ?

Wasn't there cries to have the various awards he won as a player to be revoked?

What happened with all of that? Im pretty sure V'Landys was quoted on it somewhere...

If he's found not guilty in his next trial, any such actions would have to be reversed & his awards reinstated.

Wasn't there cries to have the various awards he won as a player to be revoked?

What happened with all of that? Im pretty sure V'Landys was quoted on it somewhere...

If he's found not guilty in his next trial, any such actions would have to be reversed & his awards reinstated.
I read somewhere yesterday that the NRL are waiting for this case to be finalised in the legal system before deciding whether to request he return his awards.

I read somewhere yesterday that the NRL are waiting for this case to be finalised in the legal system before deciding whether to request he return his awards.
Is there any precedent in other sports where awards have been stripped from athletes for criminal offences post career? I searched & found several Olympic gold medallists who've been convicted of serious crimes post sporting career, but there's no mention of stripping of their medals. To me, this proposed action by the NRL seems unnecessary. Maybe others have different opinions?

Is there any precedent in other sports where awards have been stripped from athletes for criminal offences post career? I searched & found several Olympic gold medallists who've been convicted of serious crimes post sporting career, but there's no mention of stripping of their medals. To me, this proposed action by the NRL seems unnecessary. Maybe others have different opinions?
I agree with you, its unecessary but I think its indicative of the cancel culture so prevalent nowadays.

One that comes to mind is a push by the woke cancel culture to rename the Margaret Court Arena, because of her beliefs. Lets just stick to sport and leave the individuals views out of it.
Considering the likes of Matt Lodge & Russell Packer were allowed to return to playing in the NRL after being found guilty of (& in Packer's case, doing time) crimes because they'd "repaid their debt to society", if Hayne is found guilty in his next trial & they do take his awards away, will they reinstate them once he's finished serving his sentence?

Considering the likes of Matt Lodge & Russell Packer were allowed to return to playing in the NRL after being found guilty of (& in Packer's case, doing time) crimes because they'd "repaid their debt to society", if Hayne is found guilty in his next trial & they do take his awards away, will they reinstate them once he's finished serving his sentence?
no..I don't think so, wouldn't be a good look for them. The NRL are sitting on the fence with Hayne, it's now going to a 3rd trial now. When I heard Hayne had won his case for a retrial I thought that's code for "he's won his case". That's why the NRL are reluctant to strip him of anything atm..

no..I don't think so, wouldn't be a good look for them. The NRL are sitting on the fence with Hayne, it's now going to a 3rd trial now. When I heard Hayne had won his case for a retrial I thought that's code for "he's won his case". That's why the NRL are reluctant to strip him of anything atm..
sorry, 2nd trial...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4