[Resurrected] Jarryd Hayne, the (forgotten) locked up man

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The moral of the sad and disturbing Hayne story ...
As soon as our other head takes control
We are totally out of control
When we are out and about we should think responsibly

Would they increase (double) his original sentence because he lost his appeal?
You mean like double or nothing? lol, No.
In fact he'll probably get a little less, to account for the stress of being in custody and then let out again while it's all still hanging over his head, then having to go back in custody again.
You don't get any harsher punishment by pleading not guilty and going to trial.
On the other hand if you plead guilty you're given a reduction because you save everyone the time and cost and stress of a trial, and also because you acknowledge you've done the wrong thing.

I'm confused, not hard. But it's like they just kept going until someone found him guilty.
3rd trial isn't it. Obviously appeals and stuff but sheesh.

I'm confused, not hard. But it's like they just kept going until someone found him guilty.
3rd trial isn't it. Obviously appeals and stuff but sheesh.

He was found guilty in the 2nd trial.
He appealed and the court ruled he could go to trial again
He was found guilty in the 3rd trial.

Nothing suspicious, just the law.

He was found guilty in the 2nd trial.
He appealed and the court ruled he could go to trial again
He was found guilty in the 3rd trial.

Nothing suspicious, just the law.
The jury came back twice saying they couldn’t come to a decision. The judge kept sending them back and said keep trying. I have concerns that people changed their opinion so they could get out if there.

I'm surprised he was found guilty.
So was I, but keep in mind we only hear a media based story, who only hear what they are told and that's completely different to what is said and done wi to him the courtroom's.
After being found guilty of such an offence there is zero chance any NRL club would take him.
It would be an absolute instant loss of every major sponsorship and 90% of fans would tear up membership.
A real shame as his talent was undeniable and I rate 1 season he played similar to Turbo a couple years ago single handedly going close to winning a comp for the Eels

You mean like double or nothing? lol, No.
In fact he'll probably get a little less, to account for the stress of being in custody and then let out again while it's all still hanging over his head, then having to go back in custody again.
You don't get any harsher punishment by pleading not guilty and going to trial.
On the other hand if you plead guilty you're given a reduction because you save everyone the time and cost and stress of a trial, and also because you acknowledge you've done the wrong thing.
This article states he was originally sentenced to 5 years 9 months & could now face up to 14 years at resentencing.

I assume the maximum of 14 years was applicable in his first sentencing?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2