James Graham, would you be happy with him?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Frank Winterstein is very quickly growing on me. Becoming much more explosive, and just ruthless in defense. I don't know what Barrett is doing to unlocking his potential, but I'm loving the trajectory, and again, happy to be wrong.

I also have always rated Sironen, and think he's awesome tbh.

Nelson asofa solomona would be who i would go after. Massive potential, young and an athletic giant
He's off contract too. We should make a play for him. Personally, I think we should make a HUGE play for that Coen Hess. He's signed to end of '18 but the bloke is 20 and a gun! We'd have to pay massive overs for him but he could be worth it..

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
I agree but I thought he re-signed with Melbourne towards the end of last year?
nah he's off contract this year, think he may have just extended for one year? They will prob force Billy to retire this year or take a massive cut for next year, hence, Bellamy will prob keep who he wants this year..

I think Myles showed on the weekend that last weekend against Nth Qld was the exception & while he was adequate on Saturday I don't see how we could have both Myles and Graham in the same forward pack. I'd prefer Graham to Myles but we don't have that choice. Both together and we look very plodding.

Besides Brenton Lawrence has been outstanding and dunno why we'd be looking to lose him for anyone at the moment. I'd give him 1 year contracts until he gets injured again. His drive and punch when he's fit is top shelf.

I think Myles showed on the weekend that last weekend against Nth Qld was the exception & while he was adequate on Saturday I don't see how we could have both Myles and Graham in the same forward pack. I'd prefer Graham to Myles but we don't have that choice. Both together and we look very plodding.

Besides Brenton Lawrence has been outstanding and dunno why we'd be looking to lose him for anyone at the moment. I'd give him 1 year contracts until he gets injured again. His drive and punch when he's fit is top shelf.

People forget that Darcy is due back very soon, and he was arguably - no I'll definitively say our best forward last year, in a year most players were quite off.

I think our forward pack is really standing up. You know know after watching the last two weeks, if Manly continue this pattern, if you're the opposition, you're in for a dead set rotten night against us, win or lose.

Bruising. That's the way they are playing.

People forget that Darcy is due back very soon, and he was arguably - no I'll definitively say our best forward last year, in a year most players were quite off.

I think our forward pack is really standing up. You know know after watching the last two weeks, if Manly continue this pattern, if you're the opposition, you're in for a dead set rotten night against us, win or lose.

I like lussick, and agree he was by far our best prop last year, but im still unsure about him... He was solid but nothing great in his First stint with us, was absolutely dreadful at the eels, and was the best last year in a team where most others played woefully..
Ive always seen him as a large second rower to be honest, but thats mainly from watching him play back row in the 20s comp

Lane was very lethargic today and missed 2 tackles that led to tries. A bit of a T-Rex IMO. Kennedy doesn't really do it for me either.
Someone like Gower from the Eels or Latimore would be good depth.

After being dropped back to Blacktown, Lane had a choice. Either revert to his lazy self or tear it up and make Barrett regret dropping him. From what I have heard, he took the lazy route. Not hard to see why he didn't get far under Des as the Dogs. Which is a pity because in limited game time he was good in Townsville.

100% agree on Kennedy. His piss poor effort against Souffs will see him playing at Blacktown for a while unless we need injury replacements.

We had Gower at one point. Not a world beater by any stretch of the imagination, more an honest toiler.

No to Graham, we have enough 30+ front rowers (2) that cost more than they deliver (1) ... hello Mr Plod.

Given the thread has deviated into "what Lane replacement", I'll throw Cohen Hess as my main target - young, huge, can run a hole. Be happy seeing him in maroon and white.

Last edited:
Given the thread has deviated into "what Lane replacement", I'll throw Cohen Hess as my main target - young, huge, can run a hole. Be happy seeing him in maroon and white.

I think the only clubs that will be able to afford Hess are those without players already on long term deals. That probably rules Manly out, especially if we want to keep some of those we already have, and I get the feeling with Taumalolo's recent 10 year signing that the Cows won't be able to afford him either. And if he does get picked for Origin this year, which is highly possible as a number of Qld's mainstay forwards are getting on in years, his price will go up more.

If we are in the market to sign Graham i say Hess would easily be in our price range and make much more sense to sign. What a talent!! I know there are talks of Woods and Graham but if Hess is an option lets through the cheque book at him long term. Absolute hand full every time he has the ball.

If we throw big money at just one player next year then I hope it is Coen Hess. He has a MASSIVE future. I would love to see 'The Loch Hess Monster'' signs on the hill at Brookie.

nah he's off contract this year, think he may have just extended for one year? They will prob force Billy to retire this year or take a massive cut for next year, hence, Bellamy will prob keep who he wants this year..

Bellamy will keep who he wants regardless, that's how it works down in Mexico...

Better than jake?

No I wouldn't be happy with Graham at the Sea Eagles. A few years ago maybe. I think we can do better by keeping and improving the current nucleus of our pack. I am not sure we need a major forward buy (in terms of massive money) at this stage.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4