Jackson Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Api's merely a default selection. I like him too, but other than the Warriors game, he hasn't really justified his spot in the side. He is however built for the forwards, compared to Parcell, & his short range kicking can be utilised @ hooker. Parcell doesn't kick, Api can't pass, both need to work on those aspects. But Parcell blew me away in the Auckland 9's, that speed, the support play, was really dangerous & exciting to watch. Play him @ 6

Api's merely a default selection. I like him too, but other than the Warriors game, he hasn't really justified his spot in the side. He is however built for the forwards, compared to Parcell, & his short range kicking can be utilised @ hooker. Parcell doesn't kick, Api can't pass, both need to work on those aspects. But Parcell blew me away in the Auckland 9's, that speed, the support play, was really dangerous & exciting to watch. Play him @ 6
Nah Parcell is a number 9 and that's where he should stay, he is a worker and belongs at 9. His defence is his best attribute.

Nah Parcell is a number 9 and that's where he should stay, he is a worker and belongs at 9. His defence is his best attribute.

(TIP.) 5/8's need to work and tackle too.

(Observation.) He has not been nearly as potent an attacking force at hooker as he was playing free in the 9's. In fact he has been non existent.

His one major advantage over Api at hooker is the crispness and directness of his passes to the forward runners, not his tackling.

Maybe Parcell has been playing too many minutes. He might be more effective as a shock trooper. Tapau also?

Maybe Parcell has been playing too many minutes. He might be more effective as a shock trooper. Tapau also?

Gotta change something. Don't think we are getting the best of either of them. a fan of moving Tapau to prop for shorter more powerful efforts.

Parcell never runs much, he doesn't really run as much as he should. He should run at every chance

You can see he is still finding his grove to play his natural game. Looks to me he is keeping it simple until he is settled. He will explode soon

On the back of better go forward he could, more often than not our players are dominated in the tackle, minimising his opportunity to scoot....but I agree 100% with your theory mate.

(TIP.) 5/8's need to work and tackle too.

(Observation.) He has not been nearly as potent an attacking force at hooker as he was playing free in the 9's. In fact he has been non existent.

His one major advantage over Api at hooker is the crispness and directness of his passes to the forward runners, not his tackling.
I can't agree with this Woodsie, he has hardly been non existent in attack. He hasn't been running like he did in the QLD cup, but that was a team coached with a vastly different philosophy than what we have at Manly. That would have a major influence on his play, and it will take time to know when he can or can't run under this structure.

He has started to dart out of dummy half more effectively of late and that will only get better. It is his first full year in first grade in an underperforming side. He has been a shinning light and his attack is improving with each game I feel.

He is a far better defender than Api and that is absolutely a big advantage he has over him - just look at the missed tackle stats - it's like chalk and cheese.

I can't agree with this Woodsie, he has hardly been non existent in attack. He hasn't been running like he did in the QLD cup, but that was a team coached with a vastly different philosophy than what we have at Manly. That would have a major influence on his play, and it will take time to know when he can or can't run under this structure.

He has started to dart out of dummy half more effectively of late and that will only get better. It is his first full year in first grade in an underperforming side. He has been a shinning light and his attack is improving with each game I feel.

He is a far better defender than Api and that is absolutely a big advantage he has over him - just look at the missed tackle stats - it's like chalk and cheese.

Mate, I am a fan. But I stick by the comment that compared to his attack while playing free in the 9's his attack for 10 weeks has been non existent. A couple of scurries a game doesn't cut it.

Your reasons why are valid, but even as much as a half, the hooker has to create. He is a hooker, but to scratch an itch I would love to see him play 5/8 just once.

Have noticed Api miss a few, but then he does throw himself at them.

Mate, I am a fan. But I stick by the comment that compared to his attack while playing free in the 9's his attack for 10 weeks has been non existent. A couple of scurries a game doesn't cut it.

Your reasons why are valid, but even as much as a half, the hooker has to create. He is a hooker, but to scratch an itch I would love to see him play 5/8 just once.

Have noticed Api miss a few, but then he does throw himself at them.

Yes, all good Woodsie. I have noticed a lift in attack over the last few weeks - more so in effectiveness rather than volume of runs.

As for Api, I have been disappointed with his defensive misses. He is only small, so I get it, and he can pull off the odd one on one pearler, just too many missed tackles overall.

This has been a tough year for him given everything that happened with his partner, so I believe we will see a better player next year than we have this year.

I have thought for a while now that he is better playing 60 mins a game not 80 ( he makes a heap of tackles which saps him in attack). Use Brown off the bench to sub him for 20, then Brown can switch into 2nd row for another 10mins when Parcell comes back on to give a backrower a spell.

I wouldn't be starting Brown in any position, best used as a utility off the bench.

Parcell never runs much, he doesn't really run as much as he should. He should run at every chance

Not the easiest to run from hooker when your forwards rarely get a fast play the ball, struggle to bend the line, and when your team is constantly being schooled in the ruck.

I'm sure Double Hoops meant Ferris the trainer.

I don't get how getting rid of a trainer would make room for a player though? Is there some pre existing issue between him and Hastings that would be a problem?

Either way, don't want Hastings in a Manly jersey!

Plenty will disagree but I actually think Parcell is one of the most overrated players we've discussed on the forum in recent times...he is certainly not a bad player and gives good crisp service but he has hardly set the NRL alight. He strikes me as a pretty limited footballer talent wise...I see a kid with a good work ethic and a bit of speed and not much else. He doesn't create anything, he simply dishes off or runs and gets tackled. He doesn't lift the tempo or hit in defence. He is a good solid player and nothing else as far as I can see.

In saying that, I've been wrong before and maybe there is an attacking weapon waiting to be unleashed but I haven't seen signs of it yet.

Plenty will disagree but I actually think Parcell is one of the most overrated players we've discussed on the forum in recent times...he is certainly not a bad player and gives good crisp service but he has hardly set the NRL alight. He strikes me as a pretty limited footballer talent wise...I see a kid with a good work ethic and a bit of speed and not much else. He doesn't create anything, he simply dishes off or runs and gets tackled. He doesn't lift the tempo or hit in defence. He is a good solid player and nothing else as far as I can see.

In saying that, I've been wrong before and maybe there is an attacking weapon waiting to be unleashed but I haven't seen signs of it yet.
I agree with most of your statements, I just don't think he's overrated. He looked pretty amazing in the 9's, but then again, so did Green. I think 6 is his showcase position

I agree with most of your statements, I just don't think he's overrated. He looked pretty amazing in the 9's, but then again, so did Green. I think 6 is his showcase position
Overrated in the sense that people on the forum think he is a superstar in the making and I just don't see it. If people were saying "good young footballer" i'd be agreeing with them, but calling him the heir to Cam Smith is ridiculous...he couldn't get a start at the Broncos behind McCullough and Kodi Nikorima and had to move interstate to get a start at the age of 23. The heir to Cam Smith doesn't have to do that sort of thing.

Overrated in the sense that people on the forum think he is a superstar in the making and I just don't see it. If people were saying "good young footballer" i'd be agreeing with them, but calling him the heir to Cam Smith is ridiculous...he couldn't get a start at the Broncos behind McCullough and Kodi Nikorima and had to move interstate to get a start at the age of 23. The heir to Cam Smith doesn't have to do that sort of thing.
Yeh but then you could say the same about Johnathan Thurston going to the Cows because the dogs wanted to keep Sherwin etc.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4