Jackson Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I did hear somewhere that his ego was causing friction at the Roosters...
Yeah, that was an issue in the lower grades as well apparently. He has had that stigma for some years now. If the Roosters want to offload him given his ability and potential, you can only assume there is an issue there somewhere.

... maybe at the vacant number 6 next year?
Yes he would compliment DCE Nicley he is a good organiser and kicker and a good defender hope we get him and he can goal kick he have to sign a 5/8 for next year why not get Hastings? He would be cheap and would give us more money for a centre, winger and forward

Yes he would compliment DCE Nicley he is a good organiser and kicker and a good defender hope we get him and he can goal kick he have to sign a 5/8 for next year why not get Hastings? He would be cheap and would give us more money for a centre, winger and forward
agreed, if hes cheap ill take him. the goal kicking is a big plus although it looks like walker will be taking up some kicking duties this year. Would definitely prefer hastings than blake green as hes probably as good as him now with much more potential and younger.

Potentially a very good player who has at times really played beyond his years....has struggled behind an unmotivated pack in 2016 so hard to judge recently.
Much better than these Green, Wallace , Soward & Keary options... the ego part...I think he has been humbled this season & will be better for it...definate good call & happy to see him at Manly...a competitive nature is a plus also.

Out with one beard. In with another. Ohhh and Hastings instead of Ferris in maroon and white sounds like a good idea as well.

Just for fun on a boring day...

Jackson vs Daly

DCE ;

Games Played: 9
Tries: 2
Goals: 0
Field Goals: 0
Tackles: 209
Hitups: 79
Running Metres: 533
Try Assists: 4
Line Breaks: 1

Jackson ;

Games Played: 12
Tries: 0
Goals: 22
Field Goals: 1
Tackles: 223
Hitups: 80
Running Metres: 638
Try Assists: 9
Line Breaks: 4

Just for fun...

Johnathan Thurston ;

Games Played: 13
Tries: 1
Goals: 58
Field Goals: 1
Tackles: 178
Hitups: 105
Running Metres: 629
Try Assists: 14
Line Breaks: 1

Now consider the roosters and cowboys teams, and their position on the ladder. Interesting..

Last edited:
Going on stats alone, I wonder why the roosters would rather Keary over Hastings? Do they know something we don't know?? Hastings seems more of a worker.

Luke Keary ;

Games Played: 11
Tries: 2
Goals: 0
Field Goals: 0
Tackles: 211
Hitups: 66
Running Metres: 549
Try Assists: 4
Line Breaks: 2

We used to have a no-knob policy. But I guess with the Penn's that has been relaxed due to a reasonable and understandable empathy on their part.
Who knows what talented, undiscovered knobs are out there, yet to be recruited by the club. The list could be endless with bonzo's halfway house policy for those who like to balance on the legal precipice.

Who knows what talented, undiscovered knobs are out there, yet to be recruited by the club. The list could be endless with bonzo's halfway house policy for those who like to balance on the legal precipice.

Well knobness is no longer an impediment to success. Just look at our SOO team and the Australian captaincy for proof.

It could be argued that knob like qualities are actually a prerequisite for selection today.

At least that would explain the haircuts, tattoos and general dickheads playing in the NYC.

Out with one beard. In with another. Ohhh and Hastings instead of Ferris in maroon and white sounds like a good idea as well.

Sacrilege!

I'd hate to lose Jamie Buhrer, poor bastard has had a horrible run with injuries, but he's massively underrated. Apart from that, he's a decent bloke who really wants to be here, and he's one of the genuine quiet achievers that every side needs. Not a huge amount of flair or flashiness about him, but he just leaves that to others while he busts his arse for the team every minute he's on the field.

No way in the world I'd want to swap a great clubman like JB for a furry little upstart who already thinks he's bigger than his current club.

Sacrilege!

I'd hate to lose Jamie Buhrer, poor bastard has had a horrible run with injuries, but he's massively underrated. Apart from that, he's a decent bloke who really wants to be here, and he's one of the genuine quiet achievers that every side needs. Not a huge amount of flair or flashiness about him, but he just leaves that to others while he busts his arse for the team every minute he's on the field.

No way in the world I'd want to swap a great clubman like JB for a furry little upstart who already thinks he's bigger than his current club.
I'm sure Double Hoops meant Ferris the trainer.

Well documented ego aside, he's a better half than walker & api. He'd slot in nicely alongside Chez. But I'd really like to see Parcell @ 5/8. His attacking prowess is nullified @ hooker, & his physique is far better suited to the backs. Defensively we are weak @ 5/8, moving Matty would pay dividends in that respect, we'd have two halves that can tackle again!!!! There is also the added bonus of having api in the starting, leaving us with a spine of:1.Turbo, 6.Parcell, 7.Cherry, 9.Api & 13.Jake

Well documented ego aside, he's a better half than walker & api. He'd slot in nicely alongside Chez. But I'd really like to see Parcell @ 5/8. His attacking prowess is nullified @ hooker, & his physique is far better suited to the backs. Defensively we are weak @ 5/8, moving Matty would pay dividends in that respect, we'd have two halves that can tackle again!!!! There is also the added bonus of having api in the starting, leaving us with a spine of:1.Turbo, 6.Parcell, 7.Cherry, 9.Api & 13.Jake

Yeah, I'd like to see parcell play 5/8, even if it is to prove us wrong. Looks like a natural for that position.

Love api, but I pass as good as he does, and I was told I pass like a brickie's labourer throwing bricks up to the 1st floor.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6