Jackson Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeh but then you could say the same about Johnathan Thurston going to the Cows because the dogs wanted to keep Sherwin etc.
Yeah and I guess DCE was QLD Cup discard when he came to Manly and won a premiership in 2011, but I just don't see the fuss in Parcell. He can run fast for a 9 and pass a football; that's the extent of what I have seen so far.

Yeah and I guess DCE was QLD Cup discard when he came to Manly and won a premiership in 2011, but I just don't see the fuss in Parcell. He can run fast for a 9 and pass a football; that's the extent of what I have seen so far.

I agree with the little running he has done we may as well kept MB who is a better defender and has a brilliant pass.

The DCE 'Qld cup discard' thing is a myth. He played Q Cup in 2010 when the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles were our reserve grade side, he had been in the Manly system for several years by then, including the '09 minor premiers in u/20s.

Don't forget Hodkinson also played Q Cup in 2009 as one of our reserve graders. You might've seen the idiot meme doing the rounds with him in a Qld jersey - he was picked in the Residents side that year while playing for Sunshine Coast, while contracted to Manly.

The DCE 'Qld cup discard' thing is a myth. He played Q Cup in 2010 when the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles were our reserve grade side, he had been in the Manly system for several years by then, including the '09 minor premiers in u/20s.

Don't forget Hodkinson also played Q Cup in 2009 as one of our reserve graders. You might've seen the idiot meme doing the rounds with him in a Qld jersey - he was picked in the Residents side that year while playing for Sunshine Coast, while contracted to Manly.
Tony Williams played 5/8 in the G.F for that team.
I think he took up the discard spot.

I don't think Hastings is anything special. It seems his first attacking instinct is to kick, instead of trying to beat a player with a step or a pass.
And I don't think Ryan matterson is a 5/8. He's a centre every day of the week. Compounds their problems.

Yeah I've given up on this kid now, he is a good organiser but has a lot of stupid plays in him. I'd like to see John given a crack when he is back.

Yes very good point. Poor bloke hasn't had much luck there was a real opportunity for him over the last couple of months

Also I'd like to see the club consider Thomas Leuluai as an option for 5/8 next year, I've been watching him and he is the perfect pairing for a flashy halfback. He has a nice passing game and a neat kicking game and solid defence. He would be a good option if the club is considering one of Cust, Wright or Hynes as the future. I know he didn't play but he has been playing well. Also joey Manu who debuted, great prospect when is he off contract, I'd throw the bank at him. And also fusitua, throw the back at him.

How do you throw the bank twice at the same time at different players (or more if we include your other key targets)?? And yes, I'm assuming that 'back' was a typo.

Sign someone. Just don't sign the buggers long term. 2 years is enough. Let's get our young blokes Cust & Hynes up there. Build the culture.

How do you throw the bank twice at the same time at different players (or more if we include your other key targets)?? And yes, I'm assuming that 'back' was a typo.
I hope it wasn't a typo Bradza. I think it's a bloody good idea. You get the worst performing back who's on the way out and chuck em full pelt at the blokes on the way in. Scare the billyo out of them and get em playing 100% right from the get go. Same with the forwards.
Hate to be replacing T rex !!

Look young Hastings is a good player but IMO he is the wrong fit for us. We already have a flamboyant ball player in DCE. We need someone that is steady, a strong defender and that will guide us around the park and take some of the pressure and focus off DCE. Unfortunately I am unaware of any player coming off contract that fits that bill.

Look young Hastings is a good player but IMO he is the wrong fit for us. We already have a flamboyant ball player in DCE. We need someone that is steady, a strong defender and that will guide us around the park and take some of the pressure and focus off DCE. Unfortunately I am unaware of any player coming off contract that fits that bill.
Cooper Cronk is off contract - so lets have a real crack at him. His girlfriend lives in Sydney I believe and he is strongly considering moving to NSW (I saw him interviewed a while back and he mentioned this). We will have the cash, it's for 2 years, he would be sensational for us in teaching us how to win, take the game management duties and letting DCE play what is in front of him.

Cooper Cronk is off contract - so lets have a real crack at him. His girlfriend lives in Sydney I believe and he is strongly considering moving to NSW (I saw him interviewed a while back and he mentioned this). We will have the cash, it's for 2 years, he would be sensational for us in teaching us how to win, take the game management duties and letting DCE play what is in front of him.
Didn't he resign last week?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7