• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some of the comments in this thread are a disgrace, especially considering that people are having a go at HIM for saying inappropriate content.

Some people need to look in the mirror.

An opinion is an opinion, right or wrong. Dear lord. Is he now up with De Bellin, and Walker , who seem to all be on the same level somehow?

Should we??
Only if you want to risk some of the more thoughtful fanbase, sponsorship dollars and any goodwill (towards Manly-Warringah) marching out the door the next time this bloke flashes up on Twitter.
Think of Winterstein's wife's comments on anti-vaccination and how that was embarassing, not to mention dangerous from a disease prevention perspective. In its own way, this is even worse.

Some of the comments in this thread are a disgrace, especially considering that people are having a go at HIM for saying inappropriate content.

An opinion is an opinion, right or wrong. Dear lord. Is he now up with De Bellin, and Walker , who seem to all be on the same level somehow?
Careful there or they'll come for you too!

More crocodile tears from people who don't even believe in hell yet for some reason don't like being told they're going to go there.
Not the viewpoint we hold at all :shake:

The villification of people based on genetics is what most of us are angered by.

Youth suicide is horrendous and being labeled unfit for a God's acceptance would torment these kids further :mad:

Interesting to read that the Mormons classed people of colour as lesser beings themselves :fubar:

4 years in a Catholic boarding school highlighted the lip service to a dogma for me and no other organized belief system differs :nerd:

giphy.gif

He is only quoting his Bible/religon. Which gets massive tax breaks in AUS.
From the government that we vote in.
Then pay more tax to fill their tax void.

I don't hate Izzy. Just dislike what he believes in and the way they have influence on the govt but get tax breaks.

If you knew how much churches do in social welfare and looking after the down trodden, you might not be so critical. The amount of food giving, cash, free clothing, subsidised rent, child care, emergency care for mothers and families, English lessons to migrants, play groups (young and lonely parents) for all to join, church groups and youth groups volunteering to clean, cut people's lawns in their homes, Anglicare free financial support and guidance for poor, Salvo's (whole church literally based around helping others) Provide free school clothing and supplies to destitute. Churches do a lot of good. I know this because I was involved in some of these areas in my younger days.

I don't think anyone has compared him to De Belin (if convicted)

And personally I'm not hurt or upset by his tweets. That said I can appreciate that they are hurtful and damaging to not only his organisation but also marginalized sectors of our community.

He is free to express his opinion and likewise the public and ARU are free to disagree and act accordingly.

Let me ask you this....in real simple terms. If you owned a cafe and a waiter of yours walked over to a quarter of your customers and told them they are digusting revolting people who dont deserve to eat there. Can you honestly say, as the owner, you should be like "well thats his opinion, fair enough" or would you be like "mate, you can't treat my customers that way, have your views in private and wait tables professionaly or you are fired and you can say whatever you want"

I don't think anyone has compared him to De Belin (if convicted)

And personally I'm not hurt or upset by his tweets. That said I can appreciate that they are hurtful and damaging to not only his organisation but also marginalized sectors of our community.

He is free to express his opinion and likewise the public and ARU are free to disagree and act accordingly.

Let me ask you this....in real simple terms. If you owned a cafe and a waiter of yours walked over to a quarter of your customers and told them they are digusting revolting people who dont deserve to eat there. Can you honestly say, as the owner, you should be like "well thats his opinion, fair enough" or would you be like "mate, you can't treat my customers that way, have your views in private and wait tables professionaly or you are fired and you can say whatever you want"

a) This isn't a cafe or family business;
b) If we sacked players for saying offensive things, we'd have half the league we have now (example: Maloney would be fired).

Societies become too precious . Example:

X Walker pulled his partners hair (allegedly). People want him rubbed out of the game for life. Dumb, dumb act, yep. But something he should learn from and move on. But all the heroes out there want his income, his wife's income, and his child's income dissolved for life.

Whatever happened to remorse / mistakes / redemption / empathy / open mindedness.

Even on these boards. People can't have an honest opinion without being berated. That's what this site was for ,to have an "alternate" but open view and opinion. Not these days. You critique the team or a player, you're targetted, called names. Some people defend Des, the club, Parker, Suli and others vehemently, and if you critique them, you're the most hateful, spiteful, negative , terrible human being on the planet, but apparently it's open season on Barrett, Brown, Kelly and others and it's okay to bad mouth them, their personalities, life, name call etc to the hearts 's desire. That's Silvertails mentality now.

Maybe I'm getting old and grumpy. I'm not sure. But I miss the warm and fuzzies. I miss a time you could share, be open and honest, regardless of how cutting edge your opinion was. People could disagree, but they wouldn't slay you for it. Especially when hypocritically, their opinions meant slaying certain elements, players or coaches WAS acceptable .

We've become Americanised. Narrow minded, insular , hypocritical, and over sensitive.

Exactly, this is not a family run business, it is a multi million dollar empire, that relies greatly on its sponsors and fans.

What are you referring to with Maloney?? Please tell me you are not conparing what Izzy said (twice now) to Maloney BBQ'ing alone? leagues apart.

Also please dont refer to domestic violence as just a dumb act. The courts are dealing with Walker, If he is convicted he will face the consequences and if he does have to face those consequences I am sure he will make his way back like Lodge, Ma'u etc etc

The forum........spirited debate is what its all about, people disagreeing and arguing there views. Pretty boring site if eveyone agreed on everything. I'm sure personal attacks happen, I've probably had some against me, but mids will deal with that and honestly, it is some faceless name on the internet....don't let it get you down mate.

Basically the crux of my arguement is.....Izzy is free to air his opinion.....but people are free to air their own to counter.

If the ARU disagree and feel his coments damage their brand they they have every right to sack him.

You can't just claim freedom of speech for one side

Last edited:
Idiot religious nut, probably a closet case, thinks he is bigger than any game, i hope a big bad gay knocks the crap out of him. I will quit following Manly if he ends up with us!
Folau will really be crying if Ian Roberts gets hold of him

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8