• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thing is though, it’s not exactly his ‘personal’ media. I’d be willing to bet that, like most sportspeople and assorted ‘celebrity’ types, he has separate social media accounts that are only accessible to his family and friends. I know numerous Manly players do, for starters.

Different story if he shared it with a closed group and someone leaked it, I’d maybe have some sympathy for him then, and there would be a grey area about whether the ARU should rip up his contract. No grey area here though.

Try telling that to Tyrone Phillips.

Not the viewpoint we hold at all :shake:

The villification of people based on genetics is what most of us are angered by.

Youth suicide is horrendous and being labeled unfit for a God's acceptance would torment these kids further :mad:

Interesting to read that the Mormons classed people of colour as lesser beings themselves :fubar:

4 years in a Catholic boarding school highlighted the lip service to a dogma for me and no other organized belief system differs :nerd:

giphy.gif

Pretty sure no one on his list was vilified because of genetics .

. Different story if he shared it with a closed group and someone leaked it,

.... and here is probably the whole point of my interest in the greater debate .... at what point of the 21st Century ... in the Christian Realm of her Majesty Queen Betty ....... did the teachings of the Bible become such ... that it is only acceptable to speak of them in a closed group ....

.... and here is probably the whole point of my interest in the greater debate .... at what point of the 21st Century ... in the Christian Realm of her Majesty Queen Betty ....... did the teachings of the Bible become such ... that it is only acceptable to speak of them in a closed group ....

I actually take issue with the ‘Christian realm’ thing, TBH. We’re not a Christian country, the same as we’re not an Islamic, or Hindu, or Buddhist country. We’re fortunate enough to live in a secular democracy.

Freedom of religion also covers freedom FROM religion, and I don’t think anyone should be able to spruik their beliefs, unsolicited, to or at anyone else. If you want to learn the teachings of the Bible, or any other religious text, by all means seek it out, and discuss it with like-minded people if you want - or debate it with other willing parties, whatever.

But I’m actually a tiny bit affronted by the gall of people who think they have any right to evangelise like they’re in on some secret that the rest of us blind, ignorant idiots can’t see. Particularly 18/19 year old Mormon kids with zero life experience who think they have some ‘mission’ to enlighten the public at large who, for the most part, have far more of a grasp of the real world than they do. Bit of respect for my own intelligence, education, and right to make my own judgements wouldn’t go astray.

The sooner religion is a ‘behind closed doors and keep it to yourself’ phenomenon, the better, as far as I’m concerned.

Definitely not trying to gloss, I guess I'm just trying to place perspective Yoke. Hey, tbh I've thumped a coffee table in frustration at my kids and lovely wife at times. I hope that doesn't correlate to a pathway to DV. Besides, she's bigger than me in height, so she'd probably thump me if I tried :giggle: (note tongue in cheek comment to lighten the mood).

We can only hypothesis or guess what Dylan does behind closed doors. Implying that because he hits doors, or pulls hair in public is an insight into deeper behaviour is pretty dangerous & defamatory tbh. Without insight into the court outcome, I'm just not willing to judge (looking at Brett Stewart , who most claimed was guilty as charged, and that definitive evidence and witnesses were available). We just need to be careful, not to hang, draw and quarter this kid, yet. I doubt Des would go to court and support the guy (and his partner), if he was absolutely at fault here (again, not diminishing, if he did do that, it was really ****ty).

IF Dylan Walker is found innocent for some reason, what then? That's all I'm saying.

On a separate note, people who harm or hurt another person in any way (doesn't matter about age, sex, race, religion, anything) really upsets me. That's why I'm so high on being open minded, and showing empathy to one and other, regardless of opinion.

Jeez, look at some of the things the president of the U.S.A says on social media. Pretty ordinary at times.

Who really cares what Israel Falou says to anyone? Who does it hurt? Jeez, if you look at the list, most of those there are actually friends of mine. I have gay friends, I have atheist friends etc. Does his little whinge affect any of that? No way. Are we really that precious that he loses his career over his opinion?

Surely people have more important things in their lives to worry about than this crap? Isn't there better things to focus on? It's a worry.
Ryan the thing is it does hurt young gay people who are struggling with their sexuality / other gay people

I know plenty on here have no time for Peter Fitz however he does sum it up pretty nicely here
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/folau-and-mundine-show-words-can-have-consequences-20190412-p51dr3.html

Ryan the thing is it does hurt young gay people who are struggling with their sexuality / other gay people

I know plenty on here have no time for Peter Fitz however he does sum it up pretty nicely here
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/folau-and-mundine-show-words-can-have-consequences-20190412-p51dr3.html

Credit where it’s due, that is a really good explanation of the effect actions like Folau’s can have.

TBH, it’s not something I ever had cause to think about growing up; I was in the lucky situation (and it is luck - the genetic lottery) that everything aligned with what was ‘expected’ of me, gender/sexuality wise. As an adult, it’s actually been quite horrifying to hear what some of my good friends were going through at the time, as they discovered/came to terms with not fitting into the neat little ‘expected’ boxes.

I can remember as a kid that ‘gay’ was always used as a negative descriptor, well before we knew what it meant - as in “Mum grounded me - gay!” or the like. It makes you feel bloody awful to hear that there were kids you grew up with who were hearing that, and taking it to heart that who/what they are is/was a negative thing. Finding out years later that people were making suicide attempts, or seriously contemplating it, that you never knew about because it was kept a secret - in at least one friend’s case, because his parents were ashamed of him.

Kids and teenagers absolutely DO notice what’s being said about ‘people like them’ in the wider world, and it does affect how they feel about themselves. You only have to scratch the surface to start hearing stories about the kinds of things that made life more difficult for someone growing up; conversely, you also hear the positives - I’ve heard Ian Roberts mentioned in that way, along with various actors and other public figures, as in ‘here, finally, is someone who’s gay and successful in their field, maybe there is hope for me’. Because the biggest thing, and the last thing that any public figure should be reinforcing, is that there’s not a place for you in the world. A lot of these kids are struggling hard enough to find their place in the world without having people like Folau publicly reinforcing the stigma.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2