It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
I actually believe Barrett has done our club a favour bringing attention to the lack of staff and lack of managrment at the top. If all goes to plan We go into next yr with a new coach, ex manly coaching staff and ballin as our trainer. Lyall and Penns are obviously listening as they are now being more open and communicating more than they have for years. The boys get a mini upgrade to their facilities at Narrabeen. We are pushing for an upgrade to Brooky. We signed a 5/8
Walker back to centre.
We signed a couple speedy outside backs (Garrick and Elliott) AND we got rid of Barrett. We offered a multi million dollar contract to the best coach available. We pretty much got everything we and the players are asking for or atleast tried with madge. A couple handy additions to complete our squad and we'll be fine.
I do however believe alot rests on Ballin shoulders. He needs to get the boys fit. Suli, Taufua, perrett, paseka sipley to name a few. We have the talent we just dont have the coach or fitness, Both of which should be resolved very soon.

The sticking point of just about every prospective coach would be the support staff.

Why Cartwright and Randall were extended amazes me...not because of their ability but Barrett seem to be on shaky ground when they extended those 2. Why do that if you’ll be needing a new coach who will bring his own support staff?

Just another inept, gobsmacking decision that has come back to bite Penn (and us) as it has cost us Maguire.

Even Des had to have his own support crew. Most coaches do.

One thing from Wednesday night was I think ?Gorman saying we would be happy with the coaching announcement...that would rule out Cartwright and given the requirements of Maguire, surely they knew that night it wouldn’t be him. Who would that be that we would be happy with? Tooves yes but we know they won’t go there and if it were Des, it’d be all over the news as rumours.

Whoever wants the job, will have to accept that they’ll be working with Cartwright and Randall.....unless it is Cartwright and then we all WON’T be happy.
In regards to the fans being happy, maybe they thought Maguire was over the line. Cartwright is just scary stuff.

Being a coach of a star-studded origin team for 3 games a year doesn't mean you will be or are a good club coach.
There is one thing of having a star studded team and another in having them gel together and play well together
I think KW has shown that he is capable of that

At the moment we may be heading straight for the iceberg but stand by for some revelations . Changes are coming . The head coach is gone and that to me this is one diversion away from the iceberg .
Unfortunately there is another one in the other direction we are headed ......

Sorry feathered friend . I am not convinced . I will renew my memebership and money speaks louder than words
The roosters supporters did not walk away from thier club when Nick Politis got them the spoon and neither will the true believers Manly supporters .
If we dont have any faith feathered friend we may as well stay in bed all day .
The tide will turn . It always does on Gods country the Majestic Northern Beaches
The difference is Uncle Nick is not short of a bob or two and always ponies up the bucks. Our owners have short arms and long pockets.

Mate I am pissed off as what you are with our clubs decline and so were the Roosters supporters years ago when Nick Polities dragged them all the way down to the wooden spoon . The roosters supporters did not walk away and neither will the majority of the faithful Manly supporters .
If you do walk away we will all welcome you back with open arms and plenty of hugs :h: :h: :h: when the good times set in and we will all be singing the eagle rock
Yes you will be hugging me when the good times roll. Because only change will result in good times

Pearce may be a good half, but horrible influence on the culture of the team off the field. Struggled in big moments.

He had plenty of opportunities to grow at origin. Change was needed.

Good Change with Cronk gave East's a premiership.

Manly need good change. We need Penn gone.

What a fun morning it’s been on Silvertails!!

You enjoying this Cuzzo??
Wait until Cartwrong is officially announced ....... this place will BLOW up
giphy.gif

While I am not a Barrett fan, he had every right to give 12 months notice because some idiot in the front office missed or okayed that clause in his contract. My contract has a 3 month notice period and a 6 month Non-Competition Clause, it was a trade off for another 2 weeks annual leave which both myself and my employer agreed to.

The 12 month notice period is just another example of the club dropping the ball and if anyone at the club is reading this you must get rid of Trent now or all that will happen is 9 months of white anting.

Yes you will be hugging me when the good times roll. Because only change will result in good times

Pearce may be a good half, but horrible influence on the culture of the team off the field. Struggled in big moments.

He had plenty of opportunities to grow at origin. Change was needed.

Good Change with Cronk gave East's a premiership.

Manly need good change. We need Penn gone.
I agree we do need change and I believe Penn has the ability to make those changes

There is one thing of having a star studded team and another in having them gel together and play well together
I think KW has shown that he is capable of that

He inherited a team that had been doing that for years!

For the record, Walters' record as first grade coach of Catalans Dragons is even worse than Trent Barrett's (37%)... let that sink in for a moment.

He inherited a team that had been doing that for years!

For the record, Walters' record as first grade coach of Catalans Dragons is even worse than Trent Barrett's (37%)... let that sink in for a moment.
Different comps I know and who knows what cattle he had to work with . Did he have players such as the Turbo brothers , DCE , Walker , Kappow ? I don't think so but let this sink in for a moment .
Walters was appointed as the new coach of Catalans Dragons from the 2009 season.[14] He had been linked with the role of Head Coach at the French Super League team for some time.[15] His first season at Catalans did not start well, with only one win from the club's first 6 matches. However, by the end of his second season with the club, he'd taken them to within one match of the 2009 Super League Grand Final, losing to eventual Champions, Leeds Rhinos.

The quality of our football staff can be summed up with this what club is trying to steal Carty and Ferris from us? no 1 and that say's it all. If they were any good other clubs would be grabbing them contracted or not.

The difference is Uncle Nick is not short of a bob or two and always ponies up the bucks. Our owners have short arms and long pockets.
I remember years ago sitting at the Fulton / Menzies stand watching our Star studded Manly team devour an average roosters line up to the tune of 48 to nil and those where the years that Nick had long pockets as well

Different comps I know and who knows what cattle he had to work with . Did he have players such as the Turbo brothers , DCE , Walker , Kappow ? I don't think so but let this sink in for a moment .
Walters was appointed as the new coach of Catalans Dragons from the 2009 season.[14] He had been linked with the role of Head Coach at the French Super League team for some time.[15] His first season at Catalans did not start well, with only one win from the club's first 6 matches. However, by the end of his second season with the club, he'd taken them to within one match of the 2009 Super League Grand Final, losing to eventual Champions, Leeds Rhinos.
@BOZO please cite your source as Wikipedia as I would hate to see you done for plagiarism. ;)

Unfortunately there is another one in the other direction we are headed ......
That other iceberg you are talking about is Iceberg Trent and he has melted away under pressure .
We don't have to worry about that one feathered friend .

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8