It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
I agree we do need change and I believe Penn has the ability to make those changes

It is a results driven business so on past performance, since full control, what good change has Penn made?

Then look wider:
The DCE contract shambles.
Sacking Toovs?
Falling out with CEO after CEO.
Salary Cap incompetence.
Taking 12 months to hire a recruitment manager.
Barretts contract incompetence.
The extending support staff Barrett wanted without a main man clause incompetence.

Mate Penn is a train wreck and the bloke is bringing us down.

We need him gone.

It is a results driven business so on past performance, since full control, what good change has Penn made?

Then look wider:
The DCE contract shambles.
Sacking Toovs?
Falling out with CEO after CEO.
Salary Cap incompetence.
Taking 12 months to hire a recruitment manager.
Barretts contract incompetence.
The extending support staff Barrett wanted without a main man clause incompetence.

Mate Penn is a train wreck and the bloke is bringing us down.

We need him gone.
I am not defending all that . I am seeing hope for all the other things I have stated .
Nick Polities won a spoon . Penn has not .
Lets see how next year goes

It would be ungentlemanly of me to say, but to quote Churchill

"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me".
I like Churhill as I though he was a resilient leader . I also like my chilled guiness as well . Alcohol can be enjoyed in moderation

Games changed mate. Players want facilities now (leading to acquisition strength). Culture is different (we can't win on reputation). Hasler/Toovey had guys like Arthur, Siebold, Cleal and many, many others Barrett didn't have at his disposal. Chalk and cheese mate - chalk and cheese.

I agree with your statement, the game had changed. Yeah culturally the club is a mess, it needs some Manly blood back in the joint, and some real leadership.

Clubs can win with teams that do not have the world, but is against them. A winning culture can sometimes be more valuable than any fancy machine. Unfortunately its harder to motivate a player to want to win, than it is to throw a cool new gadget at them. Especially now, because a lot are driven by dollars these days (and success leads to increased values).

Even through our years of success, we had good staff and a good playing group. We beat the likes of salary cap cheating storm, roosters and donkeys without any centre of excellence.

It just seems the current coaches want everything at their disposal to coach.

I am not defending all that . I am seeing hope for all the other things I have stated .
Nick Polities won a spoon . Penn has not .
Lets see how next year goes
Penn can not be defended.
#Sackthepenn
#In2vItrust

giphy.gif

It was exactly that "get up!, it's only a broken leg" mentality that gave Souff's 43 years of heartache .....

There is no excuse not to strive for Industry best practices in any endeavour ...... and it is the one and only job of any football club owner/administrator ...... put the team on the park with every advantage and benefit you can provide ...... any thing less is just playing at running a club ......

I agree, giving any organisation the best opportunity to succeed is important. We are one of the most under funded clubs in the league.

But the current teams problems extend beyond training facilities. You can give any organisation in the world the best facilities, does not mean it will lead to a culture of success. Titans had a centre of excellence, and they went nowhere. It all starts with better leadership and a culture of success.

They looked lost and unmotivated. I doubt the gladstone incident happened under hasler and the old senior group.

Different comps I know and who knows what cattle he had to work with . Did he have players such as the Turbo brothers , DCE , Walker , Kappow ? I don't think so but let this sink in for a moment .
Walters was appointed as the new coach of Catalans Dragons from the 2009 season.[14] He had been linked with the role of Head Coach at the French Super League team for some time.[15] His first season at Catalans did not start well, with only one win from the club's first 6 matches. However, by the end of his second season with the club, he'd taken them to within one match of the 2009 Super League Grand Final, losing to eventual Champions, Leeds Rhinos.

I see you chose not to post the part where it says they won the wooden spoon the following year... with a points differential of -338 !

Not exactly the record of somebody we want to take us to our next premiership.

I agree with you mate .
Unfortunately life is not that simple with us complex human beings .
I thought Toovey did a great job under adversity and under adversity Toovey consistent with his tough character did not fold and quit . Toovey wanted to stay and finish the job because he believed and had passion for the club . Trent came to Manly not because he ever had a passion for the club but because he had a passion for his coaching career . He said he loved the players but he did not love them enough because he made a decision to walk away from them. People that have passion for a club like Toovey do not walk away from things they believe in . Trent never had any association with our club and did not believe that he had something to offer and decided to get a better offer .
I am excited about next years because Trent wont be here

Many good business peopl
I think the second incarnation of Geoffrey would be much more measured than the first. He was up against it taking over from Desmond.
I reckon if he got another go, he would perhaps do things slightly different. The roster is OK too, except for a 5/8
Toovey should be given the reins, it’s a no brainer to at a minimum unite the angry mob.
Honestly, some of you need to be locked up in an asylum and the keys thrown away. Bloody embarrassing

Outside of the angry mob scenario, it would be good business sense. When was the last feel good story, it would put the club on the back pages for the right reasons.
****, Gould sacked Cleary & has just hired him back. Now is the time.

Fair call, but if this site reflected the average Manly fan, heaven help us
Whinging and walking add up to pretty much the same thing sadly.
I really admire those who constructively seek answers from the club, and participate in fan forums & meetings etc. As for the hysterical agitators and know it alls....just hot air...they don’t contribute or achieve too much really
This forum is a reflection of the community.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...barrett-geoff-toovey/qf3aqyom3kb1kg3om64ne5ii

I could live with this scenario:
Tooves to be appointed Football Manager in overall charge of everything.
Matt Ballin appointed Defence Coach, which would have overall charge of fitness.
These two to be added to thew current coaching/fitness group.

Whoever failed to deliver on promises made to Barrett in his Contract is at complete blame for all of this mess. It was unethical. Anyone in his position would be just as ****ty.

He needed a roster / list manager when Pearce was getting negotiated
He needed a roster / list manager after Moylan agreed to join us and reneged
**** me, he needed (needs) basic 2018 amenities, staff, equipment

The answer to who is to blame, is the same person/family who writes the cheques. ****, they still have the power/ability to quickly fix everything if they open their wallets.

+ Payout Barrett / Cartwright / Ferris (if that's the direction they want)
+ Acquire Maguire, but give him his staff, wage, authority
+ Come through with those promises in Barrett's contract for the next guy, and learn from mistakes

Is it that hard to comprehend for Penn? How the HELL did he maintain a successful business? I'd never part with money for his products or services knowing how little he manages his assets / investments !
He needed to hang onto Blake Green until Pearce/Moylan had signed on the dotted line or upgrade Blake... he’s an amateur coach who is:was way out of his league. He lied to the players about sticking around and turned to farking water in the coaches box without Bozo holding onto his hand. He’s just about the only coach to steer the Panthers Toyota Cup side to failure and the year after he was moved on they won the comp AGAIN. A list manager is needed for next season but would have made Fark all difference to the squad this season. The Penns need to sell if they are not prepared to spend the required money on funding this club... simple as that. The fact our club is lagging behind the times has been common knowledge for years... and if Trent really wanted to take a stand then he would have either kept his word to the playing group or walked away. Instead he handed in his resignation half way through next season, which says it all really.

He needed to hang onto Blake Green until Pearce/Moylan had signed on the dotted line or upgrade Blake... he’s an amateur coach who is:was way out of his league. He lied to the players about sticking around and turned to farking water in the coaches box without Bozo holding onto his hand. He’s just about the only coach to steer the Panthers Toyota Cup side to failure and the year after he was moved on they won the comp AGAIN. A list manager is needed for next season but would have made Fark all difference to the squad this season. The Penns need to sell if they are not prepared to spend the required money on funding this club... simple as that. The fact our club is lagging behind the times has been common knowledge for years... and if Trent really wanted to take a stand then he would have either kept his word to the playing group or walked away. Instead he handed in his resignation half way through next season, which says it all really.

To be fair to Barrett, there is no way on Earth that he could terminate a players contract without sign off further up the chain.

I think the second incarnation of Geoffrey would be much more measured than the first. He was up against it taking over from Desmond.
I reckon if he got another go, he would perhaps do things slightly different. The roster is OK too, except for a 5/8
Toovey should be given the reins, it’s a no brainer to at a minimum unite the angry mob.
Honestly, some of you need to be locked up in an asylum and the keys thrown away. Bloody embarrassing
At least Tooves wouldn’t cry at halftime and walk out of the room... the players ear drums might get tested out though.

To be fair to Barrett, there is no way on Earth that he could terminate a players contract without sign off further up the chain.
Maybe so... but do you think Bellamy would agree to release his starting 5/8 before they had secured a better one? No chance... Barrett will probably make a good assistant in the future, but he’s no first grade coach. Any other job anywhere in the world and he would have been sent packing.

So now they are emailing us, like today of all days, right now, wanting our support as members for next year.

Well bugger me.

Scotty just name the coach FFS.

Pretty sure that will decide how many members you will or won have.

Maybe so... but do you think Bellamy would agree to release his starting 5/8 before they had secured a better one? No chance... Barrett will probably make a good assistant in the future, but he’s no first grade coach. Any other job anywhere in the world and he would have been sent packing.

You're right.

If only there was someone at the club to handle player recruitmemt and management..........wait.....what!!??

Yes

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8