It is Schuster time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As excited as I am to see Schuster carve up in first grade I don't think this is the right time. He is still very young and based off the game on the weekend the next few games without Tommy are going to be low scoring affairs which will be won by our defence. I agree Croker won't be anywhere near our long term 5/8 but what he can do is defend. That was very clear from the weekend. Even Cust is a handy defender who also has a decent left foot which I still don't think we have seen the best of. Also think Metcalf could be a decent shout to come off the bench, one thing he has is speed. If this game does become a dogfight he could be that x factor that could get us over the line, against his old team might I add. Having said all this I will not be at all disappointed if Schuster gets the call up as we all know this kid is something special.

Croker will be five eight. And rightly so. Des loves him and he was great against Canberra. Only hope for Shuster this week is centre which I think would be great. Better than Funa.
But Des won't at this stage.
Funa scares me. Maybe better in centres but never impressed me in Reserve Grade.

T Rex anyone :think::eek:
I agree with your sentiment but who's place would he take? Gojetski is the only one of last weeks pack and replacements that should miss out with Kapow returning.

All other forwards were great and deserve their spots this week... they proved they want to keep them.

Waddle should also be WELL in front of T if he is healthy and Sipley should be too.

The backs are where spots may be available but with the Frog's last performance and Horhay's return, the only realistic quandry is whether Tuna fills Elliot's centre position. He should, he deserves it, and Des likes continuity a lot.

I agree with your sentiment but who's place would he take? Gojetski is the only one of last weeks pack and replacements that should miss out with Kapow returning.

All other forwards were great and deserve their spots this week... they proved they want to keep them.

Waddle should also be WELL in front of T if he is healthy and Sipley should be too.

The backs are where spots may be available but with the Frog's last performance and Horhay's return, the only realistic quandry is whether Tuna fills Elliot's centre position. He should, he deserves it, and Des likes continuity a lot.
It was more tongue in cheek comment
But could play the bench spot as he could cover centre,wing, even 5/8 or forwards has previously played those positions

Schuster has played under 18 s S O O so has already had a reasonable experience level of a higher standard of footy and pressure situations . Only thing again is that whether he can be accommodated to allow for maybe giving Levi a breather Cust has shown he can compete at N R L level but his defence has not been one of his strengths. The fact that he has already played at that level may sway matters however . Still would seem very appealing to give Schuster a shot though . Match fitness is always a consideration but Paseka Jet Ski and Funa had not played footy either this season [ well maybe Funa ] before they made their starts recently . Not too concerned if Funa is considered as a centre , runs a good line , good acceleration , reliable enough defence .

Whilst the season has been hit after hit for us this year, I am really excited to see how Josh goes this weekend with the likelihood of him making his debut.

Whilst kids come through with raps on them all the time, i do think that Schuster is player that will live up to that hype. I don't expect big things straight away from him, but if he can get some game time these last few matches and show something I would imagine it would bode well for him come 2021.

The exciting part about Schuster at 5/8 will be an actual ball player of freakish ability....and just maybe the other 2 young guns in Funa and Hoppa can become more dangerous on the back of this.
Really hoping this Manly go forward can lay the platform for Schuster to attack with space, which will happen with simple powerful runs and quick play the balls....Woodsie pinpoined very accurately the effect of big metres and slow play balls...all the good work is nullified, just crash forward 100mph and get up so the playmakers can actually create some opportunities both through the guts and out wide which has been far and few between.

Wests Tigers have a power set of reserves:
Lawrence, Talau, Reynolds and Packer.
There is a lot of salary cap tied up in these four.

Or coming in for Waddell on the bench and giving one of the back rowers a rest , or just coming on for Cust at 6 at some stage of the game .

The exciting part about Schuster at 5/8 will be an actual ball player of freakish ability....and just maybe the other 2 young guns in Funa and Hoppa can become more dangerous on the back of this.
Really hoping this Manly go forward can lay the platform for Schuster to attack with space, which will happen with simple powerful runs and quick play the balls....Woodsie pinpoined very accurately the effect of big metres and slow play balls...all the good work is nullified, just crash forward 100mph and get up so the playmakers can actually create some opportunities both through the guts and out wide which has been far and few between.

The trouble is every time we have got a fast play the ball Levi will run himself or pass to a tired prop. Croker will pass it way over his head behind him so he has to stop and catch it only to get smashed or forced into a rushed pass.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8