It is Schuster time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
With Croker at 6 we will need to win 12 6 every week because the points just won’t be there. Not a knock on him but take Walker Tom and Fainu out and that’s it for creativity.Croker will not let us down in defence.

Des will pick Frog and back us to win 12 6 I’m sure and maybe the master can do it. He continues to surprise. All I know is if I were Thommo Sirro Jake and co I’d be preparing for three months of hell in defence... and will they have anything left when it counts.

I know for a fact Des has massive wraps on Schuster from a conversation earlier this year so will be interesting to see which way the great man goes but I think I know the answer.There is no tougher lot in the NRL than our boys.

Last edited:
Ha ha. Nothing special. I think Des just sees what everyone who has watched the kids sees. But Froggy will get first crack I reckon and I think he deserves it.Gist was if we learn how to win the key moments in big games and don’t panic we win comp.

All I know is that I still can’t believe we had to go through those Barrett years when you see what a real coach can do with good tough players.

Ha ha. Nothing special. I think Des just sees what everyone who has watched the kids sees. But Froggy will get first crack I reckon and I think he deserves it.Gist was if we learn how to win the key moments in big games and don’t panic we win comp.

All I know is that I still can’t believe we had to go through those Barrett years when you see what a real coach can do with good tough players.
How is Barrett the super coach doing these days? I admit I've been a bit ignorant and neglectful of the news recently, so not sure what team he has been leading on to grand achievements with his outdoor furniture and zoolander poses?

I think the choice of 14 depends on whether Des feels the need to cover the halves/hooker or the largely inexperienced outside backs...especially if Parker can't play.
If he chooses to cover the outside backs I highly doubt he would do that with a rookie, ie Hoppa.

My money is on Custard.

With Croker at 6 we will need to win 12 6 every week because the points just won’t be there. Not a knock on him but take Walker Tom and Fainu out and that’s it for creativity.Croker will not let us down in defence.
Im not sure we support the same side? Tom looked more dangerous tonight outside Frog than every other match this year. I keep making the point that DW is an excellent footballer just not a no.6....
Any of the top no.6's in the comp with tom running off them would be carving it. I dont recall once this year DW putting tom on the outside of anyone? Hes a very good 3/4 ans thats where he should stay.

How is Barrett the super coach doing these days? I admit I've been a bit ignorant and neglectful of the news recently, so not sure what team he has been leading on to grand achievements with his outdoor furniture and zoolander poses?

He's assisting over there at Penrith, I believe.

Cust would be in the mix before shuster wouldn't he?

Cust and croker in the same side is a bit conservative wouldn't you say?

Yes... that's true.

I guess I was thinking along the experience line. That cust has played a few first grade games so maybe that gets him the nod, even if Shuster has a bigger potential upside.

Maybe Shuster is ready (I don't know), but you are right - team balance is all important.

Yes... that's true.

I guess I was thinking along the experience line. That cust has played a few first grade games so maybe that gets him the nod, even if Shuster has a bigger potential upside.

Maybe Shuster is ready (I don't know), but you are right - team balance is all important.
Des is pretty conservative in his sides. He likes players that will do the job he gives them. Both frog and cust would do a job if called upon. Would like to see Schuster get a run from the bench as utility but its pretty unlikely unless we lose more troops.
We may need to blood him soon so if needed later in year hes ready.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8