It is Schuster time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The trouble is every time we have got a fast play the ball Levi will run himself or pass to a tired prop. Croker will pass it way over his head behind him so he has to stop and catch it only to get smashed or forced into a rushed pass.
Yes Levi does at times shoot off at times when there are better opportunities...the threat to take off from dummy half is 1 of the best assets to attacking momentum, but Levi will often think "run" before checking better options...as an example Tom T was ripping him after being neglected 3 times on the fly, with 2 of those 100% line breaks in an early game this season.
Keep in mind, our halves are not as dominant and vocal as some and not to defend Levi, your 9 will respond better to dominant halves and even as a DCE fan - often very quiet which leads to confusion.
Still important to win the collision and quick play and more often than not, good things will come off it.

Given that there’s talk of Kieran Foran & a holler for a Marshall, with only 3 or 4 games left, why not give Schuster a shot?

From what I have seen Schuster is not really an organiser. Which is fine but DCE isn't either. So that combination in the halves might prove problematic.

I would put him on the bench or play him at second row, which is where he played SOO.

Will be interesting to see how he goes anyway. Unfortunately our team is a bit dysfunctional at the moment so we probably shouldn't expect miracles from him.

Last edited:
Exciting he is the squad,

For me, anything schuster hoppa, haumole and funa May do wrong is completely offset by the fact they can only learn by being selected As long as the attitude is there it can only be beneficial to the team in the long term.and I have no problem with any mistakes that are made as long as the fundamentals are strong enough.

I know I can be negative about certain players, but the above four should be treated and judged differently to more experienced players like Jorge, garrick, Parker, cust etc

Hope we get a glimpse of schuster this weekend, I’m not even sure what position des has him earmarked for.

For me, anything schuster hoppa, haumole and funa May do wrong is completely offset by the fact they can only learn by being selected As long as the attitude is there it can only be beneficial to the team in the long term.and I have no problem with any mistakes that are made as long as the fundamentals are strong enough.

I know I can be negative about certain players, but the above four should be treated and judged differently to more experienced players like Jorge, garrick, Parker, cust etc

Hope we get a glimpse of schuster this weekend, I’m not even sure what position des has him earmarked for.
I'd rather they make dumb mistakes now, than next year.

I think the worst part about those guys mentioned is knowing their ceiling. Garrick likely won’t get much better. Jorge is done and playing far far below his peak. Parker is no thrills solid. These guys are exciting even if they’re making mistakes because we don’t know how bloody good they can be. I think after a full preseason they will all be permanent fixtures of the squad.

I've said it before and I'll keep to my statement. Schuster is up there with the best young players to come through in a long time... I'm talking Sonny Bill, Hayne type special! I expect his debut will show us how good he really is. It will be nothing like Hoppa debut, It is Schuster's time. He will be at least a Joey Manu quality player but with more ball skills. I think We are in for a treat. Interesting to see where Des plays him, a lot of our recruitment next year will depend on what position Schuster actually plays

Last edited:

Sorry Joe I disagree with the line above, I get the rest and agree, they should now be given game time and experience and allowed to learn and grow without to much criticism.

However, they should not be judged differently, (obviously with a little leeway and understanding of the rookies). If they have a bad game, they need to be called for it, not given a free pass, but at the same time with some understanding and leeway that they will learn and continue to improve.

As for the experienced players being judged differently, only to a point, too many on here have it in for certain players and whether they have a good or bad game, or even are the cause of a mistake on field, its their fault regardless.

When Parker had to switch to right wing outside Hoppa, Hoppa Misses a tackle, Parker should have provided cover, Parker comes in for cover then Parker should have stayed out.....

Same for Jorge, the best example last game, Funa has his back to the play, a kick is made down the right and scored from, but Fk me blind, it isn't Funa's fault for having a lapse of concentration and experience, it's Jorge's fault on the left because he didn't drop back on the 2nd and push Funa over. Fk me.

I guess what my rant is basically saying is, of course we should give the young ones coming through some grace with mistakes, but we shouldn't be blaming experienced players for the mistakes made by the rookies. But it won't happen, because regardless of the mistake or who its by, its the whipping boy of the day's fault even if its not.
By all means call a mistake and judge accordingly but apply it fair across all players.

Rant over enjoy :).
Can't wait to see if the Shoe fits, or should that be if the Shoe is fit !

Sorry Joe I disagree with the line above, I get the rest and agree, they should now be given game time and experience and allowed to learn and grow without to much criticism.

However, they should not be judged differently, (obviously with a little leeway and understanding of the rookies). If they have a bad game, they need to be called for it, not given a free pass, but at the same time with some understanding and leeway that they will learn and continue to improve.

As for the experienced players being judged differently, only to a point, too many on here have it in for certain players and whether they have a good or bad game, or even are the cause of a mistake on field, its their fault regardless.

When Parker had to switch to right wing outside Hoppa, Hoppa Misses a tackle, Parker should have provided cover, Parker comes in for cover then Parker should have stayed out.....

Same for Jorge, the best example last game, Funa has his back to the play, a kick is made down the right and scored from, but Fk me blind, it isn't Funa's fault for having a lapse of concentration and experience, it's Jorge's fault on the left because he didn't drop back on the 2nd and push Funa over. Fk me.

I guess what my rant is basically saying is, of course we should give the young ones coming through some grace with mistakes, but we shouldn't be blaming experienced players for the mistakes made by the rookies. But it won't happen, because regardless of the mistake or who its by, its the whipping boy of the day's fault even if its not.
By all means call a mistake and judge accordingly but apply it fair across all players.

Rant over enjoy :).
Can't wait to see if the Shoe fits, or should that be if the Shoe is fit !

That’s fair and I agree, a much better way to say it than I did!

With regards to blaming certain players unfairly - I see your point, for me it’s looking at the net effect of what each player brings to the game. For example, I’m more inclined to excuse Jake a knock on At the play the bsll after making 40 tackles and 20 hit ups than Jorge knocking on as he simply doesn’t involve himself in other aspects of the game that may contribute to us winning.

The rookies certainly shouldn’t get a free pass, from the coaches I was talking as a fan I’m happy not to criticise as long as they learn and get better with more game time. Funa has made some mistakes, but the talent and learning is there to see.(would still prefer him at centre-but I don’t think we have any other options)

That’s why it’s a good time to blood them while we are out of contention. The results don’t matter as much but the processes do.

That’s fair and I agree, a much better way to say it than I did!

With regards to blaming certain players unfairly - I see your point, for me it’s looking at the net effect of what each player brings to the game. For example, I’m more inclined to excuse Jake a knock on At the play the bsll after making 40 tackles and 20 hit ups than Jorge knocking on as he simply doesn’t involve himself in other aspects of the game that may contribute to us winning.

The rookies certainly shouldn’t get a free pass, from the coaches I was talking as a fan I’m happy not to criticise as long as they learn and get better with more game time. Funa has made some mistakes, but the talent and learning is there to see.(would still prefer him at centre-but I don’t think we have any other options)

That’s why it’s a good time to blood them while we are out of contention. The results don’t matter as much but the processes do.
Good points Joe and agree specially with the Jake / Jorge analogy, I do the same myself. It just sh1ts me to tears when a player doesn't matter who gets hung draw and quartered over something he had no involvement in, as is often the case.

I think its good for fans to not criticise but acknowledge a rookies mistakes, because then they dont hold them on a pedestal and can be fair in their judgement later.

Yes lets gett these potetial stars out on the paddock so they know what the difference between NRL and park Footy is all about. We may have had a shocker these last 10 weeks, but its exciting of we can keep these young guys and see what they offer.

I seen Funa throw a gimme intercept pass 10m out from his own line, yet Im super happy he is still in the side and hope he stays there.
The very best players (try something) and once they stop having a go and believing...they become just another plodder who plays percentages, give me an exciting footy player who makes the odd mistake, yet makes things happen others can't anyday.
Even the great Cliffy and Slater have made clangers, but are up with the best players I've seen.
Mistakes are the making of a player and are soon overtaken by match winning plays by those with the ability and belief....Schuster will be this style of player and look forward to seeing this gun light up the field.

Last edited:
All I can say at this stage is if The Shoe fits, wear it. Maxta is right. He is the type of player who will make a heap of mistakes because he is a few plays ahead of most others on the field. Burbo seemed to read him well, though that probably took huge hours of training. If he succeeds, and I will be surprised and saddened if he fails, his style of play could turn Manly's present style on its head. If he succeeds with Turbo, Albert, Funa, Walker outside him, the pedestrian play we've been watching will be at an end.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8