It is Schuster time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Fair enough but Sirro played 6 at Tigers and I would be less surprised then if he slots Schuster straight into starting 6...
He already said its croker Franky boy. Was very impressed with him yesterday and in Roosters game earlier this year. Who wears the 14 is anyones guess. Id say Custiano will get another shot he could be a great hooker he has a running game and short kicking game. We will see. Id love Schuster to get a crack... we all would

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Croker deserves a crack and makes sense to play him, just simple slot in and opens up the chance for Schuster or Cust to come in and help out in the 14.

I'd risk Schuster maybe against the Dragons or Cowboys. Sharks will be looking for an ambush and hungry this week, so might not be a good one to blood a youngster especially without the experienced troops around him to look out for him

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
He already said its croker Franky boy. Was very impressed with him yesterday and in Roosters game earlier this year. Who wears the 14 is anyones guess. Id say Custiano will get another shot he could be a great hooker he has a running game and short kicking game. We will see. Id love Schuster to get a crack... we all would
I've been on the Croker wagon from the start BBTB - have always loved his willingness to put his body on the line... even back when Barrett first put him at 6 and our attack looked stifled, I still thought he was a future gun... my problem is he provides such good cover as a utility and I'm not sure that we have another player to fill that role as well as he... would feel bad for him if he didnt start at 6 tho as he has earnt the right...

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
.. would feel bad for him if he didnt start at 6 tho as he has earnt the right...
He's earned the right to be in the 17 and also to have first shot at 5/8.
But considering Fainu's situation, we really need a solid No 14! Imagine Levi getting hurt? No don't. But Des will have for sure and certain.
Anyway, out of back up halves and hookers it seems to be Croker 1st and then Cust, so it will be good to have both of them getting some regular NRL.

StuBoot

Bencher
For mine it's better to keep the squad as stable as possible - at least until that is shown not to be working... especially with the lack of playing for our reserves...

My side for next week...
1. Elliot
2. Tafua
3. Suli
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Sironen
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Levi
10. Tapau
11. Thompson
12. Gojetski
13. JT
14. Croker
15. Sipley
16. Waddell
17. Boyle

If Suli is still out then Garrick to centre and Funa back in... if Suli & Parker out then I guess you look at bringing Miski onto the wing and slotting Funa into centre - not sure if hes played there b4 but have been impressed with his last 2 weeks and he is up to NRL speed now...
I know Sirro at 6 is controversial (and might put brokers nose out of joint) but hes played the spot b4, has a good short kicking game and is used to defending in that part of the field anyways... plus I do like Croker as an impact player that can cover multiple spots off bench...

As much as Sirro has played 5/8 I can’t see it happening. His combo on the right with Chez is as solid as they come, why split that? There’s enough to sort out as it is without adding another one?
Thommo can look after Croker and Sirro can look after Chez, we’ll need a new right centre ( and maybe a left one too) so things will be messy enough as it is.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
As much as Sirro has played 5/8 I can’t see it happening. His combo on the right with Chez is as solid as they come, why split that? There’s enough to sort out as it is without adding another one?
Thommo can look after Croker and Sirro can look after Chez, we’ll need a new right centre ( and maybe a left one too) so things will be messy enough as it is.
Good point but I think the one thing we are not lacking is edge forwards... gojetski, waddell, guacamole can all fill that role and have NRL experience... cust is an option but defence worries me and besides him we are looking at bringing rookies in to fill backline spots... maybe schuster comes into 14 and slots straight into 1st grade... maybe, but experience (croker, cust, suli, parker, elliott and walkz at 6) tells me it is a process rather than a quick fix...

1. Elliott
2. Jorge
3. JetSki
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Croker
7. Chez
8. AFB
9. Levi
10. Marty
11. Siro
12. Thompson
13. Jake
14. Cust
15. Keppie
16. Paseka
17. Waddell
Minimum changes, maximum experience, defence first.
It's the Hasler way and we love it.

I'm assuming Funa would cover Parker if Parker has to miss the next game? But otherwise can't see Des not picking this exact lineup. Though I wonder how close Sipley is to making the 17 again.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
I'm assuming Funa would cover Parker if Parker has to miss the next game? But otherwise can't see Des not picking this exact lineup. Though I wonder how close Sipley is to making the 17 again.

I rate Sipley however Keppie, Paseka and Boyle are all better options. It’s a good position to be in.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Would you guys really have Jetski play 80 at centre up against Either Ramien or Dugan after his powerless showing on the weekend? He looks REALLY underdone to me.
Definitely lacked impact with the ball but thought that was more to do with the timing of his runs. He defended well and I reckon that gets him the gig this week.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18