It is Schuster time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I feel like people have written off Cust way too early too. He showed glimpses of real promise, especially in putting other players through holes.
I agree mate. He will provide great spark off the bench. He definitely has some X factor which we will need without Tommy. Once Suli comes back we will be sweet. Hopefully we can win at least 3 of our next 6 without Turbo and we will be sitting pretty

In my view with Walker likely to be out it is time to give Schuster a shot.

Croker played well but I like the flexibility he gives us off the bench and I think against a out of form Sharks the time is right.

Plus without Turbo and Walks we need extra x factor

My side next week assuming Marty and Jorge are back and Brad passes protocols.

1.Elliott
2.Jorge
3.Parker
4.Funa
5.Garrick
6.Schuster
7.DCE
8.Taupau
9.Levi
10.AFB
11.Thompson
12.Sirro
13.Jake

14.Croker
15.Jetski
16.Keppie
17.Paseka

If Jorge is out Miski comes in, If Parker is out.....not sure we get a bit light.

Not sure if young Hoppa is right to be thrown straight in
Wow that back line is light on. They’d get the job done tho I’m sure.

I agree mate. He will provide great spark off the bench. He definitely has some X factor which we will need without Tommy. Once Suli comes back we will be sweet. Hopefully we can win at least 3 of our next 6 without Turbo and we will be sitting pretty
Where do you play him off the bench? Six and move croaker to nine to rest levi?
Will that dull croaker for the last quarter of the game?
Levi went well yesterday but was not above average as a hooker ( first time hes played 80?)

With Croker at 6 we will need to win 12 6 every week because the points just won’t be there. Not a knock on him but take Walker Tom and Fainu out and that’s it for creativity.Croker will not let us down in defence.

Des will pick Frog and back us to win 12 6 I’m sure and maybe the master can do it. He continues to surprise. All I know is if I were Thommo Sirro Jake and co I’d be preparing for three months of hell in defence... and will they have anything left when it counts.

I know for a fact Des has massive wraps on Schuster from a conversation earlier this year so will be interesting to see which way the great man goes but I think I know the answer.There is no tougher lot in the NRL than our boys.
We still have the Australian half who we pay over a mil a year for. I agree we lose some spark but we have points in us. Don’t base the second half yesterday as an indicator we can’t. That was a well executed game plan after we lost Tom. I thought the running on the last on their line was genius. I think this is an underrated strategy for teams that grind. It’s too easy to give sway 20metres and 7 tackles these days. Especially with the set restarts and pace of play. Each time we died on the last on their line the raiders couldn’t get out of the half and made errors.

For mine it's better to keep the squad as stable as possible - at least until that is shown not to be working... especially with the lack of playing for our reserves...

My side for next week...
1. Elliot
2. Tafua
3. Suli
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Sironen
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Levi
10. Tapau
11. Thompson
12. Gojetski
13. JT
14. Croker
15. Sipley
16. Waddell
17. Boyle

If Suli is still out then Garrick to centre and Funa back in... if Suli & Parker out then I guess you look at bringing Miski onto the wing and slotting Funa into centre - not sure if hes played there b4 but have been impressed with his last 2 weeks and he is up to NRL speed now...
I know Sirro at 6 is controversial (and might put brokers nose out of joint) but hes played the spot b4, has a good short kicking game and is used to defending in that part of the field anyways... plus I do like Croker as an impact player that can cover multiple spots off bench...

For mine it's better to keep the squad as stable as possible - at least until that is shown not to be working... especially with the lack of playing for our reserves...

My side for next week...
1. Elliot
2. Tafua
3. Suli
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Sironen
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Levi
10. Tapau
11. Thompson
12. Gojetski
13. JT
14. Croker
15. Sipley
16. Waddell
17. Boyle

If Suli is still out then Garrick to centre and Funa back in... if Suli & Parker out then I guess you look at bringing Miski onto the wing and slotting Funa into centre - not sure if hes played there b4 but have been impressed with his last 2 weeks and he is up to NRL speed now...
I know Sirro at 6 is controversial (and might put brokers nose out of joint) but hes played the spot b4, has a good short kicking game and is used to defending in that part of the field anyways... plus I do like Croker as an impact player that can cover multiple spots off bench...

If you think Des will pick Sirro at 6 for the rest of the season, you are dreaming.

Croker to stay at 6 but sure that there is going to be some serious thought on a back up 9 or 6 even though Levi did quite well yesterday . Cust has never played hooker to my understanding [ is essentially a 7 really from my observation ] Must be tempting to bring in Schuster on the bench but where to suitably play him then would be another matter , certainly not as a Levi sub and then to move Croker . Unlikely but in the present situation all options will be considered no doubt .

How come Parra can play a 20yr old 5/8 in Dylan Brown for past 2 seasons but we cant cant even consider Schuster when decimated with injuries.. If your good enough your ready.. Look how how good Jake Averillo is playing for the Dogs and he is only 18....If there was ever a time to give Schuster a go its now.

Would be good to be able to include or consider someone like Metcalfe with his attacking ability and speed but just hasn"t been tested at this level yet , particularly in defence and Des does prefer stability . At least Croker can offer something in the kicking department as well .

Where do you play him off the bench? Six and move croaker to nine to rest levi?
Will that dull croaker for the last quarter of the game?
Levi went well yesterday but was not above average as a hooker ( first time hes played 80?)
I'd probably keep Croker at 6 and play cust at hooker when he comes on but yeah you could move Croker to hooker and cust to 6. Either option would work and I'm sure both have trained in both positions all off season. Or Schuster as a Smokey...

I'd probably keep Croker at 6 and play cust at hooker when he comes on but yeah you could move Croker to hooker and cust to 6. Either option would work and I'm sure both have trained in both positions all off season. Or Schuster as a Smokey...
Fair suggestion but may as well opt for Schuster in that scenario as a super sub then . Probably can even manage playing as a centre .

How come Parra can play a 20yr old 5/8 in Dylan Brown for past 2 seasons but we cant cant even consider Schuster when decimated with injuries.. If your good enough your ready.. Look how how good Jake Averillo is playing for the Dogs and he is only 18....If there was ever a time to give Schuster a go its now.
Agree here in part. However Des has a different philosophy on this type of thing. Brown had to be picked and play as he was getting interest frm other clubs. The dogs kid, well it’s the dogs and they are a rabble. Pay needs to do something to keep his job. Our kids will get their shot

Croker to stay at 6 but sure that there is going to be some serious thought on a back up 9 or 6 even though Levi did quite well yesterday . Cust has never played hooker to my understanding [ is essentially a 7 really from my observation ] Must be tempting to bring in Schuster on the bench but where to suitably play him then would be another matter , certainly not as a Levi sub and then to move Croker . Unlikely but in the present situation all options will be considered no doubt .
Des has already said Croker will fill the 6 spot til dylan returns..

Are you new to the Hasler era....remember the weeks Jamie B sat on the bench not getting a run? William Hoppa? Even how Foran was eased in

Does not appear to be his style

We still have the Australian half who we pay over a mil a year for. I agree we lose some spark but we have points in us. Don’t base the second half yesterday as an indicator we can’t. That was a well executed game plan after we lost Tom. I thought the running on the last on their line was genius. I think this is an underrated strategy for teams that grind. It’s too easy to give sway 20metres and 7 tackles these days. Especially with the set restarts and pace of play. Each time we died on the last on their line the raiders couldn’t get out of the half and made errors.
Yeah it was clearly the tactic, and it worked well in the circumstances. No risk, and we backed our own defence.

Cust and croker are basically the same player, don’t think we want both in the 17.
You could be correct but we do need a utility as backup to the halves, hooker, backs. I still doubt Schuster will get a go over Cust though. Too inexperienced. Who else would be the utility if not Cust.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8