It is not over yet...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Chuck

Reserve Grader
So we have been written off for the finals, and to be fair, at 4 points adrift we are in dire straights.

But in my opinion it is not fully over until the South game. Win that, and we still have a slight hope, lose it and we are done!

I know it gets said every week but it really is the MIGOTY.

If we beat Souths we are then 2 points behind them with them still having Parra, the Storm and Roosters

Draws below to compare

Souths
  • Manly
  • Parra
  • Storm
  • Tigers
  • Dogs
  • Roosters

Manly
  • Souths
  • Storm
  • Tigers
  • Bulldogs
  • Titans
  • Warriors

Hit me with the optimistic's but we can still do it

Powder puff run in but the Dragons, Sharks, Warriors and Knights games have shown where we sit. It really is over.

Chuck

Reserve Grader
We really need to bottom out so the club get a bit of a wake up call. This Hoppa situation and reluctance to play any young talent in the backline is gross incompetence.

Making the finals to be week 1 cannon fodder, I just can't see how that benefits us in the long term.

susan

Bencher
Powder puff run in but the Dragons, Sharks, Warriors and Knights games have shown where we sit. It really is over.
To be honest I’d only pencil in the dogs game. Souths will beat us with speed out wide, Melbourne will eat us. Titans are even money. Warriors have just beat us at home. I’d be more worried about slipping down the ladder.
I don’t think we’ll see much of Tommy so any win will be a struggle. We just don’t win without him so not sure where the confidence comes from.

Another year of injuries. Never ends.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
And I thought the Covid 19 disease was the worst thing to happen this year. Bring on '21.and for goodness sake Manly keep Hopa and Schuster and get them in the side, stop fiddling around.

Rynostradamus

Reserve Grader
Finals are basically a new comp. You are in it you can win it. The heels won close to their first 8 games and the riff are on 9 in a row. If cleary goes down they won't win it, same with tabasco and gutho. All clubs key players go down its a different game. Sure certain clubs have better depth than us. Or do they we don't know as we don't tend to use ours. Maybe the injury gods have had their fill of us by now if they haven't they are glutinous bastards.

A week is a long time in rugby league. It isn't in my DNA to give up and it isn't in this clubs DNA to do so either. Knock over the bunnies get Turbo back and anything is possible. If the supporters and players give up while there is still hope what is the point. We owe the rabbits one after that rort last year. Get that game and a thing called momentum and confidence can brew into belief. Manly to win.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
To all the negative Nellies .....
If your life was at risk
And they told you that you had very little chance to do something about it to save it
Would you take that chance of hope ?
Off course you would
And you would fight with hope for your life every day until its your last
Whilst there is a passionate heartbeat of hope from within a Manly Jersey than everything is possible

IMG_0788.png

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Finals are basically a new comp. You are in it you can win it. The heels won close to their first 8 games and the riff are on 9 in a row. If cleary goes down they won't win it, same with tabasco and gutho. All clubs key players go down its a different game. Sure certain clubs have better depth than us. Or do they we don't know as we don't tend to use ours. Maybe the injury gods have had their fill of us by now if they haven't they are glutinous bastards.

A week is a long time in rugby league. It isn't in my DNA to give up and it isn't in this clubs DNA to do so either. Knock over the bunnies get Turbo back and anything is possible. If the supporters and players give up while there is still hope what is the point. We owe the rabbits one after that rort last year. Get that game and a thing called momentum and confidence can brew into belief. Manly to win.

I admire you optimism, and what you say is possible. But its most unlikely. Manly has lost 6 of their late 8 games without Turbo and Walker. Our for and against is worse than St George. At our win/ loss rate, since they've been absent, we would be only two or so wins above last place. Thank goodness for our three early wins with our stars ( who wont be back in time).

This side show courage and tries hard and we've lost a few by a whisker, but so have some of the teams below us. Realistically this side is performing at about 12th or 13th level. The only spark is in the forwards and DCE, though Cust and Funa have shown they are on the rise.

Why Des is persevering with that backline, except where injuries force changes, amazes me, when he has potential game breakers sitting on the bench. I know the argument. They haven't been tested. But would there be any great loss in trying them, given this back lines lack of attacking ability. If Hopoate stars for the Warriors and if we lose him, supporters should be asking why, despite the contract negotiations being stalled by ambit parries and thrusts. Get Politis over to teach us a few tricks in holding onto players of worth.

Last edited:

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Undefeated in the next 6 games.

Play Knights 1st round of the finals and we win with an 11-3 penalty count going our way.

We smash Parra in week 2 by 54 points to 0.

We beat the Panthers by DCE field goal in week 3.

And we end Cam Smiths career with a 41-0 (DCE with a cheeky field goal) thumping in GF day.

Let me dream.

Sounds like a plan

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I think Des has given up on the season. He's seen that Garrick cant handle full back, he's seen the lack of potency in the three quarters, yet he keeps promoting the same players. I think he's given up. I think he knows its over and he's just playing out the season

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16