Is it time to move on from Turbo?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Manly keep Turbo?

• Yes

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 29 43.3%

• Total voters
Depending on fitness, perhaps Woods is promoted to the bench, along with Condon (who looks like another Davey type) and they drop Kelma and Louise Tuilagi?
You can't promote 2 players to replace Kelma and Louise because he's only taking up one spot.

Move Turbo on? Yeah No. No. No.

Is the real question here should the club continue to allow Turbo to take the field when he can't run? Paps isn't back taking tackles.

Is fullback now the most important position on the field these days? Can a team afford to have a bloke that can only jog playing that spot?

Toby certainly put some case forward yesterday. He is that dominant on field director in reserves, yelling at forwards and where he wants them.

When's the last time you seen that on field director in the top grade?
Different when your walking in to a team of profiles and egos, who are payed more than you. This sort of stuff usually takes time and comfort. But in my opinion, Toby isn't a first grader

Seems a bit harsh on D C E and Keppie in some sentiments here . Without some of D C E "s i st half 's covering efforts , Panthers probably would have got 2 more tries . Definitely did not lack commitment . Keppie 's good go forward and involvement in his stints was one of the bright spots. . Really miss Koula especially in defence and Schuster would have added more even with that 27 % i st half possession
I can be harsh on Keppie sometimes. He has a very punch able head and this seems to highlight his mistakes.

The way he looked at the space where the ball used to be last night when he had it stripped made me wonder if he is still ringing his uncle up and asking for his nose back from 2002.

Tom is like Snake brilliant but sometimes his body lets him down.
So what we do is plan for that.
Weekes or rubes at fullback and lets get Tom in the centres and play him like fittler does.

Untik pepsi is back
1 Weekes/rubes
2 saab
3 Tom
4 parker
5 weekes / rubes

Once pepsi is back
1 rubes
2 saab
3 tom
4 pepsi
5 weekes

At least with tom in the centres it tightens on edge because you know he can not only tackle but he is a good reader of the defense

Move Turbo on? Yeah No. No. No.

Is the real question here should the club continue to allow Turbo to take the field when he can't run? Paps isn't back taking tackles.

Is fullback now the most important position on the field these days? Can a team afford to have a bloke that can only jog playing that spot?

Toby certainly put some case forward yesterday. He is that dominant on field director in reserves, yelling at forwards and where he wants them.

When's the last time you seen that on field director in the top grade?
Ive been watching Toby for a while, hes quick and has similar traits to Brett Stewart.
I know its only reserve grade and its a big step up, but no one knew about Brett Stewart until he came into 1st grade and did well.

Depending on fitness, perhaps Woods is promoted to the bench, along with Condon (who looks like another Davey type) and they drop Kelma and Louise Tuilagi?
Austin Dias looked very good BUT it was NSW cup AND he's another ex Tiger , soooo !!!

DCE crabs across field and can’t pick up a runner
Cleary crabs across field and picks up runners at full pace , Even Liu dances around finds a player pushing up into space , There’s the difference between a side that is successful and played together at the top of there game , So many times Manly just play one out and not at pace Panthers twice as quick as Manly . Blaming one or two players for losses
Its whole team and coaching problem
Manly do have some players that don’t offer what the top teams have
This is going to take time with this squad to bring youth through , But you can either throw them all in and get similar results or bring them in slowly because something needs to change . Cause as much as they put in effort Manly need more not more of the same from players like Harper , Croker , Parker , Keppie.

Ive been watching Toby for a while, hes quick and has similar traits to Brett Stewart.
I know its only reserve grade and its a big step up, but no one knew about Brett Stewart until he came into 1st grade and did well.
Snake was recruited as a kid from Wollongong. With big wraps on him. Toby is from minchinbury jets and played massey for saint marys at the same age snake was playing NRL. He has been chewed up and spit out from Penrith, and playing cup 2-3 years since. Toby is now 26 years of age. Snake was what 20 when his NRL career kicked off? Toby is not the answer. And no where near the player Snake was

In all seriousness this year is now a watershed moment for Tom and his career. If he can't over come these constant injuries and very soon then Manly will have no option but to either try to offload him or medical retirement. We just cannot continue to have so much tied up in 1 player who cannot deliver. It's killing us at the moment.

In all seriousness this year is now a watershed moment for Tom and his career. If he can't over come these constant injuries and very soon then Manly will have no option but to either try to offload him or medical retirement. We just cannot continue to have so much tied up in 1 player who cannot deliver. It's killing us at the moment.
Scotty will look for the next messiah to hand over 1 million dollars to underperform.
Snake was recruited as a kid from Wollongong. With big wraps on him. Toby is from minchinbury jets and played massey for saint marys at the same age snake was playing NRL. He has been chewed up and spit out from Penrith, and playing cup 2-3 years since. Toby is now 26 years of age. Snake was what 20 when his NRL career kicked off? Toby is not the answer. And no where near the player Snake was
I know Toby is a late bloomer and he aint no brett stewart. My assertions are of his playing style that he similar to Snake. But Id take him over a hobbling Turbo at this point in time.

Scotty will look for the next messiah to hand over 1 million dollars to underperform.

I know Toby is a late bloomer and he aint no brett stewart. My assertions are of his playing style that he similar to Snake. But Id take him over a hobbling Turbo at this point in time.
Fair enough. He would have to take a spot in the 30 to do so I believe.

DCE crabs across field and can’t pick up a runner
Cleary crabs across field and picks up runners at full pace , Even Liu dances around finds a player pushing up into space , There’s the difference between a side that is successful and played together at the top of there game , So many times Manly just play one out and not at pace Panthers twice as quick as Manly . Blaming one or two players for losses
Its whole team and coaching problem
Manly do have some players that don’t offer what the top teams have
This is going to take time with this squad to bring youth through , But you can either throw them all in and get similar results or bring them in slowly because something needs to change . Cause as much as they put in effort Manly need more not more of the same from players like Harper , Croker , Parker , Keppie.
I look at a team like the Roosters and even with the elite players they have, they still have guys that can do a bread and butter job. Guys like Mitch Aubersson, Nat Butcher who arent flashy in their game but do the simple things right. We have too many guys that cant do the simple things right.

Seems a bit harsh on D C E and Keppie in some sentiments here . Without some of D C E "s i st half 's covering efforts , Panthers probably would have got 2 more tries . Definitely did not lack commitment . Keppie 's good go forward and involvement in his stints was one of the bright spots. . Really miss Koula especially in defence and Schuster would have added more even with that 27 % i st half possession
Lets not forget. He has had 3 different 5/8 partners in 3 games, its hard to build up any combination with them in a week

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8