Is it time to move on from Turbo?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Manly keep Turbo?

• Yes

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 29 43.3%

• Total voters
The real problem was not Tom or any player in particular.
The attitude to start the game against the premiers missing key players, was the serious issue from the entire team including Tom...
In fact, Tom - Munster - Latrell and any other individuals could have played in that Manly team and be on a hiding to nothing to start the footy game in that fashion.
You show up like that and Tigers or Illawarra pull your pants down.
Very disappointed, but like I said in another thread, in a few weeks after a win, all will be forgotten....but I'm really wondering how this team puts on a show like that in a game they had everything to prove ??

The real problem was not Tom or any player in particular.
The attitude to start the game against the premiers missing key players, was the serious issue from the entire team including Tom...
In fact, Tom - Munster - Latrell and any other individuals could have played in that Manly team and be on a hiding to nothing to start the footy game in that fashion.
You show up like that and Tigers or Illawarra pull your pants down.
Very disappointed, but like I said in another thread, in a few weeks after a win, all will be forgotten....but I'm really wondering how this team puts on a show like that in a game they had everything to prove ??
If you replace Harper, Parker and Croker with some of the guys knocking on the door in BWSE ,it would be a big start. We have too many underperforming players in the side.
Im not sure if you notice, but a few of those players can tend to have pretty sub par performances even when we win, but its only due to Turbo's individual performance that it kind of gets forgotten about.

If you replace Harper, Parker and Croker with some of the guys knocking on the door in BWSE ,it would be a big start. We have too many underperforming players in the side.
Im not sure if you notice, but a few of those players can tend to have pretty sub par performances even when we win, but its only due to Turbo's individual performance that it kind of gets forgotten about.
Very well said and yes, we carry plenty of suitcases in this side which really stands out against the better opposition

Cracking Up Lol GIF
Completely unrelated to this thread but how good were Charlie Murphy’s True Hollywood Stories!

I agree that guys like Harper and Parker really aren't up to it.

But as an example, Kaeo Weekes looks way better than anyone in BWSE backline and showed tonight how hard it can be to step up to first grade (especially against the best team in the comp away from home).

But as an example, Kaeo Weekes looks way better than anyone in BWSE backline and showed tonight how hard it can be to step up to first grade (especially against the best team in the comp away from home).
I agree. Although Tuilagi made him look worse than he really was with some woeful defense.

Look, Tom recaptures his 21 form and the naysayers all look a bit stupid. He can't go from best player in the world to average if he's fully fit. We have to hope he can play himself back into form. Dropping him (if fit) isn't the answer, neither is blaming him for the failings of others
A bit of selective and wishful thinking in all that. He once produced a red hot run (two seasons ago). Everything else around that run he has been an ongoing injury liability. But, we just wanna hold onto that once in 10 year magic run and delude ourselves into thinking that will happen again and become his standard. I agree he needed to have some faith placed in him and ongoing support, but this is getting ridiculous. The guy will end up playing for 15 years, have one amazing run in 2021 and every other year butchered by injuries. This is the reality we are facing, as horrible as it is.

Turbo, whilst I love him has never ever had a season injury free. Let that sink in. Yet we throw him over a mil. Move him to centre. Couldn’t give 2 fuks if his feeling get hurt. And I’m a Turbo fan, but love Manly much more.

On top of that Dce the great myth just myths his way through first grade. Worst Manly Captain in our history. Hahaha but fan boys still fan boy all over him…
I have been saying this for a million years. DCE is very very much overrated. full of talk, no action.

One concern is he had a similar game last year vs the Broncos. Then the following week he did his ‘Johnny Gibbs’ ‘strings’ and was out for the season.

Let’s hope ‘History Never Repeats’.*

*I tell myself before I go to sleep.

Does he? When have you seen him play for BWSE? And when have you seen a proper hooker play for Manly in firsts.
I remember a team going alright with Brendan Elliot at fullback with manase fainu at hooker in 2019 and a couple of centres with some decent pace like Dylan Walker and Bryan Kelly.

Don't throw the baby out with the hath water, the fish rots from the head, and unfortunately in modern rugby league that's hooker - something we haven't addressed since manase got stabby and des thought he could paper over our centres.

And all the Croker lovers get validated every time they turn on the TV and hear an 'expert' say something about him like "he adds so much to this manly team with his defence".

They're literally grasping at anything to say. And that's their job.

He is the seventeenth best hooker in the game. Look what happened to the dolphins when Marshal King came back.

Penrith have players running onto the advantage line because their hooker's bring them on and make the defence make decisions.
Croker is concentrating on making a ball catchable.which is what happens when you spend your youth in Canberra with that surname playing the sexiest position, 5/8, on the field and never having to bend your back to pick up a ball. Yeah he can tackle and yeah he came back from adversity big ****ing deal. Francis Nganou had to cross the Sahra in the back of a Hilux with thirty people with his one hand hold cramping for thirty-six hours watching women throw their babies off because the cramping was too much to hear (you let go you fall you die)throw himself over Twelve metre high razor wire fence with a horde of other immigrants eleven failed times to get into Spain, eat his meagre money made from shovelling salt from the age of ten and then pick it out of his crap when border guards looted his illegal refugee camps, then finally swim to Spain on a blow up boat while other people dropped off and drowned. Then he was imprisoned for three months before sleeping on the streets in France for a year and learning to fight, but Froggy had an NRL contract and recovery and surgery paid for and came back from a couple of reco's so we shouldn't pension him off to a well paying comfortable gig in England and let a clearly better player take his spot.

Water weed dune hair?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7