Is it time to move on from Turbo?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Manly keep Turbo?

• Yes

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 29 43.3%

• Total voters
Settle down pet! Did I say you wrote that you had seen Weekes play for Blacktown? I enquired as to whether you had because you stated Kaeo Weekes looks better than anyone playing in the Blacktown worker's backline and to make such a comparison lead me to the assumption that a comparison had been made upon your primary stated variable, in the hypothesis YOU posited for discussion in this public forum.

Finish your weet bix kid, you'll play better with others on a full stomach.
Good rant big fella. More of this please

I know one thing for 100% certain.

We cant win a comp without Tom and DCE, but we cant afford to keep them.

The option of moving Tom on is silly but if they went that way surely Trevor would be moved on too. This would lead to Jake wanting out aand all of a sudden we have $3.5mil to go to the market but no half fullback or forward leader.

We are forked, our glory days are gone and will be lucky to win a comp every 25 years under the current structure of the NRL. We might not like it but we are now the Tigers, Eels, Dogs, Sharks, Knights, Raiders, and Dragons and there is no way out.

Last edited:

The option of moving Tom on is silly but if they went that way surely Trevor would be moved on too. This would lead to Jake wanting out aand all of a sudden we have $2.5mil to go to the market but no half fullback or forward leader.

We are forked, our glory days are gone and will be lucky to win a comp every 25 years under the current structure of the NRL. We might not like it but we are now the Tigers, Eels, Dogs, Sharks, Knights, Raiders, and Dragons and there is no way out.
Ouch!

The option of moving Tom on is silly but if they went that way surely Trevor would be moved on too. This would lead to Jake wanting out aand all of a sudden we have $2.5mil to go to the market but no half fullback or forward leader.

You'll probably find you could buy a cheap halfback and get more of the basics like running the line than paying $1.3 million for someone who's best days are behind him. The current game doesn't suit a halfback that hardly runs the ball.

You'll probably find you could buy a cheap halfback and get more of the basics like running the line than paying $1.3 million for someone who's best days are behind him. The current game doesn't suit a halfback that hardly runs the ball.

Yeah Id take a sub $750k fullback and half and prop and still $500K left to get two decent centres at the moment.

Parramatta, Canberra, Warriors, Dragons, Dolphins, Titans, Bulldogs, Tigers for a start
With his injury prognosis Tommy is a game breaker or salary cap and performance killer. At present, his huge salary is limiting team. You can't carry anyone in the nrl, let alone on 1.2 million dollars. His injury is basically going to green light our next three seasons or we will end up near the bottom. panthers mate reckons we are mad paying him so much for so long. DCE was a risk but it luckily worked out.

Yeah Id take a sub $750k fullback and half and prop and still $500K left to get two decent centres at the moment.
Makes sense. The plan should be just to put a team on the paddock that can at least put in some decent efforts every week. Forget about trying to win a premiership for the time being, having a team that competes is more important. If the team lost every week but was competitive for 80 minutes and kept the score tight, it wouldnt be so bad. But right now we have probably 7 or 8 players that cant do the basics right and the game is over before it started. If it means letting go of a game breaker like Tommy, so you can buy a couple of solid players that can do a job then it is what is needed.
I think some people lose perspective with regards to the limitations of Tommy. He's had a pretty long career and people don't realise that. He's been around for 7 years or so and him breaking down is not a surprise and thats where people are not in tune with reality. I like Turbo and like him as much as every other manly fan out there, but its too much weight on his shoulders to carry 8 other passengers that are pretty sub par every week.
For Turbo's own sake, he is at the stage of his career where he can't win a premiership if he has to carry a team like this on his back, he'd have a better chance if he went to somewhere like the broncos or the cowboys where he would have to take a paycut. He wont be able to win a ring if he's the 1 million dollar man, he needs to take unders for that to happen.

Last edited:
I was hopeful with his signing. Tbh the last few weeks have been very worrying.
Manly signed Tuilagi before the season started last year. He came through the Melbourne system and had decent wraps on him then showed promise early 2022 at the tigpies. He is developing but the side isn't balanced with him and Ola, in my opinion, as starting back rowers, and I'd like having someone (and Bullemore is killing it at 13 off the bench so I'd be loathe to upset that) like a watmough all energy bustling second rower (cam Murray is like a nice choc watmough) to offset Ola, and have Tuilagi on the bench.

This team this year is a work in progress and it's fun to watch, and not get too entrenched in the wins and losses, at least there is change to comment on unlike last year when we had to wait until the last game of the year to watch Weekes go well at fullback.

With his injury prognosis Tommy is a game breaker or salary cap and performance killer. At present, his huge salary is limiting team. You can't carry anyone in the nrl, let alone on 1.2 million dollars. His injury is basically going to green light our next three seasons or we will end up near the bottom. panthers mate reckons we are mad paying him so much for so long. DCE was a risk but it luckily worked out.
Every side in the comp takes the same risk. Panthers minus Cleary have struggled, every good side in the comp is paying a handful of players big money. The Panthers are now signing players like Garner, he was pilloried on here. Look at how the Roosters played minus Tedesco who now is a big concussion issue and add Keary into that mix, and they are paying over 2 mil for them. It’s part of the game

Every team when scrutinized like it's the one you follow will have the same hiccups. The Raiders have been average for years under Ricky, had one good season, when let's face it, they still played ugly arse footy, still play ugly footy every year, don't have a half back cause every half worth their salt knows by now not to play under Ricky, got flogged by the same team Manly did last week then beat the high flying Broncos.

So Manly beat the Storm next week and all is right in the world of Rugba League.

Every team when scrutinized like it's the one you follow will have the same hiccups. The Raiders have been average for years under Ricky, had one good season, when let's face it, they still played ugly arse footy, still play ugly footy every year, don't have a half back cause every half worth their salt knows by now not to play under Ricky, got flogged by the same team Manly did last week then beat the high flying Broncos.

So Manly beat the Storm next week and all is right in the world of Rugba League.
We won't get within 20 points of the Storm. Unlike the Raiders who do have some players with a bit of pride and guts, we have a bunch of sooks who have a tantrum when things don't go their way. They remind me of the everyone wins a prize ilk.

Flanno would be able to get his son who could do the same thing DCE does, for a 1/4 of the price. But even if Kyle did underperform, at least you know hes not costing an arm and a leg.

Flanno would be able to get his son who could do the same thing DCE does, for a 1/4 of the price. But even if Kyle did underperform, at least you know hes not costing an arm and a leg.
Very true and Manly could spend the money evenly on other areas of concern such as centres, front row and hooker if Gordon isn't the answer.

For career longevity, I think it needs to be considered. At State of Origin Level he excels there and attacks both sides of the field linking up with his centre partner which we dont see too often nowadays
Defensive wise, he is big, can assist winger and fullback defuse high balls, and his tackling workload would be 'slower' and more direct rather than the high speed stuff he does at fullback which results in injuries. In other words, less prone to injury
We haven't had a good attacking and defensive centre since Lyons and Matai
The big question is, who plays Fullback?

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10