[Resurrected] Is gifty gone?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bob dylan said:
Please explain the verb jizzing

Would be an adjective in when used in this context?

Think it's one of those terms 1960's teenagers bandied about.

The Who said:
Snake said:
I cannot overstate just how important I think Gifty is the culture at Manly. I don't want us to lose another hard head; I love seeing our forwards take it to the opposition with aggression! He is an absolute champion, and one of the toughest and most uncompromising players in the game. Personally, I will be gutted...

We all will be. But we must also consider the future. As we only have limited space under the cap should we not sign promising juniors like the Turbo brothers (Jake and Tom)?

Its not just Jake and his brother that have talent but quite a few others as well, others who will be lured to other clubs for the extra $$$$ and you can't blame them, its a business and they have to look after their futures. I am hearing that Manly don't want him for the price and I agree, but Manly should be upfront and tell him rather dragging it on. Even though Stewart is a great player he is starting to get injuries and it hurts Manly when he is in and out of the team. I want to see the $$$$ put towards our Juniors and keep them at the club. If Stewart really wants to stay at Manly, he should take a pay cut.

bob dylan said:

COMMANDER said:
bob dylan said:

Would be an adjective in when used in this context?

Think it's one of those terms 1960's teenagers bandied about.

Yep and as I was a 60's teenager it applies

Its when one gets so excited that you...well you know, in your pants!!

It was a big deal when I was 13

Eagle Rock said:
The Who said:
Snake said:
I cannot overstate just how important I think Gifty is the culture at Manly. I don't want us to lose another hard head; I love seeing our forwards take it to the opposition with aggression! He is an absolute champion, and one of the toughest and most uncompromising players in the game. Personally, I will be gutted...

We all will be. But we must also consider the future. As we only have limited space under the cap should we not sign promising juniors like the Turbo brothers (Jake and Tom)?

Its not just Jake and his brother that have talent but quite a few others as well, others who will be lured to other clubs for the extra $$$$ and you can't blame them, its a business and they have to look after their futures. I am hearing that Manly don't want him for the price and I agree, but Manly should be upfront and tell him rather dragging it on. Even though Stewart is a great player he is starting to get injuries and it hurts Manly when he is in and out of the team. I want to see the $$$$ put towards our Juniors and keep them at the club. If Stewart really wants to stay at Manly, he should take a pay cut.

Seeing that Brett only now plays the occasional game and will probably continue this way for the rest of his career I would think that he should reduce his contract and use this money towards Glenn's new contract.

eagles2win said:
Could they be looking at someone younger too bring into the club?

They have plenty of good Back Rowers at the club already, even in the 20s they don't need to waste any more $$$$

tookey said:
Eagle Rock said:
The Who said:
Snake said:

Seeing that Brett only now plays the occasional game and will probably continue this way for the rest of his career I would think that he should reduce his contract and use this money towards Glenn's new contract.

None of them want to take a pay cut. Manly will do well without them, Manly did well last season without both of them hardly playing and are going aright now as well.
A lot of $$$$ to keep these two who are playing less. Bring our Juniors up Manly and start playing them !
Manly whinge on how much it costs the club to Develop their Juniors when one decides to leave and they get overlooked when Manly decide to buy new players from another club, Whats the point in having Juniors if your not going to play them !

Heard a rumour this afternoon that gifty is reportedly very annoyed and seeking a release to join the dragqueens this year, and the club are on the verge of granting him a release. From a source with links to the dragqueens.

You would think manly would have the decency and courtesy to sit down with a favourite son and tell him the stance of the club wether an offer is possible or not. He deserves that at the very least, not just be shunted out with no communication. We have had a very good side for a very long time, but planning for the future doesn't give license for the club to forget their manners in the present.

I sincerely hope we don't operate like that.

captaincarpo said:
Heard a rumour this afternoon that gifty is reportedly very annoyed and seeking a release to join the dragqueens this year, and the club are on the verge of granting him a release. From a source with links to the dragqueens.
He may as well go as a package deal with Brett ............if true and he's that adamant he wants to force the clubs hand , then they should let him walk..... The club could also be waiting on clarification of the long serving players.

c eagle said:
captaincarpo said:
He may as well go as a package deal with Brett ............if true and he's that adamant he wants to force the clubs hand , then they should let him walk..... The club could also be waiting on clarification of the long serving players.

Do the dragqueens need Brett? The have Dugan, they don't need another injury prone fullback.

I thought we would have learnt a lesson after last year when B Stewart was gone, Foran was gone and Lyon was gone. Funny how they are all still here. Toovs would have a fair bit of input into our recruitment, so I don't think he will allow this lack of communication from the club to go on much longer. He will want this put to bed sooner or later so that the players can focus on the task at hand.

Yes. Whilst it doesn't look good. It's pure speculation at this stage. Take a chill pill!

Yes. Whilst it doesn't look good. It's pure speculation at this stage. Take a chill pill!

I told myself I wasn't going to participate in rumour threads this year.
Failing.
Hope it's sorted out soon.

At the moment it's all manager talk. Gift knows the clubs situation FFS he's been here for over a decade. He loves the club he won't walk out on a whim.

Eagle Rock said:
eagles2win said:
Could they be looking at someone younger too bring into the club?

They have plenty of good Back Rowers at the club already, even in the 20s they don't need to waste any more $$$$

tookey said:
Eagle Rock said:
The Who said:
Snake said:

None of them want to take a pay cut. Manly will do well without them, Manly did well last season without both of them hardly playing and are going aright now as well.
A lot of $$$$ to keep these two who are playing less. Bring our Juniors up Manly and start playing them !
Manly whinge on how much it costs the club to Develop their Juniors when one decides to leave and they get overlooked when Manly decide to buy new players from another club, Whats the point in having Juniors if your not going to play them !

Sounds plausible, but Brett played 17 games last year and we made the gf. I think the years he played 20+ we were premiers. The trick is keeping him on the paddock. Obviously with a 4 year contract the club think Brett has more miles in him.

The issue with gift he is reportedly on his back ended deal of 850 this year (I could be wrong). There is no way he is worth that, however we can't begrudge the $$ Because he possibly accepted 280 or something in year one of the contract (I am speculating).

Manly could not offer him another 850, as it's time for Foz's, daly's etc big dough to kick in, but Canberra or saints probably would pay tbat for gift. That's the dilemma.

joeboy said:
You would think manly would have the decency and courtesy to sit down with a favourite son and tell him the stance of the club wether an offer is possible or not. He deserves that at the very least, not just be shunted out with no communication. We have had a very good side for a very long time, but planning for the future doesn't give license for the club to forget their manners in the present.

I sincerely hope we don't operate like that.

Please remember this story was written by drop kick Ritchie .
There is always a bag on manly from him.
Let me put this that gift has told people at the club what he wants and how long he wants to say. If he gets it ,cherry won't get an upgrade and will probably go to Brisbane for the big bucks.
So for me it's the clubs long term future ,or a player that is at the end of his career.
It's a tuff call but it's always got to be the long term option with cherry.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8