[Resurrected] Is gifty gone?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When a player wins a Churchill Medal in a GF for your club, you re-sign them until they retire. We let Kite go, and I cannot fathom how they can let another Churchill Medalist leave the nest. Clubs like the Sharks have never won a premiership, highlighting that these things don't win themselves. Glenn has always been a huge part of our success, and when you look at how Lyon is playing at 32, Glenn can certainly do the same.

Anyone that thinks that Glenn should be released because he is getting older and is injury prone, is underestimating what a champion this guy is! The way he picked himself up after a dodgy start in the Preliminary Final last year and went on to play a starring role in the match, is what Manly culture is all about!

That little grubber kick for Brett was pure genius....that cut out pass to DCE for the Lyon try was poetry...the guy is a legend!

Snake said:
When a player wins a Churchill Medal in a GF for your club, you re-sign them until they retire. We let Kite go, and I cannot fathom how they can let another Churchill Medalist leave the nest. Clubs like the Sharks have never won a premiership, highlighting that these things don't win themselves. Glenn has always been a huge part of our success, and when you look at how Lyon is playing at 32, Glenn can certainly do the same.

Snake, I'm sure the club wants to retain Gift but it's not always possible to retain champions - Fulton, Vautin and Menzies are three examples.

MPC75 said:
All sounds a bit suss to me. Why would Toovs go on Fox and say they are working through a deal with his manager then the players front the media and say that Gift is being shafted. Someone is spinning some BS and I don't think it is Toovs. I think the players are spinning up some media hype in the hope that it draws attention to the holes in the cap and something gets done about it.

I know I'm clutching at straws, but this sounds a little fishy to me. These guys are really tight and it wouldn't surprise me if they are having a laugh at the hysteria they are building up. I hope I'm right.

Going public like this might also mean that they're trying to attract a 3rd party sponsor.

Any chance that they are trying to save enough money to re sign DCE. I think they do need to think of the future. I love Gifty but the club must keep evolving.

HappilyManly said:
bones said:
The last line in Dean Ritchie's article today :

"Manly fans are very passionate and Brett and Glenn are two of the all-time favourites from the fans who pay their money and go to Brookvale'' , Manly life member and former forward Peter Peters said.

Zorro has been unmasked :p

I trust that Manly continues to make the decisions in retention that is best for our continued success :cool:

That redundancy payout could have been better spent augmenting Gifty's contract :shy:

Joey, on last night's Footy Show said that there is no issue.

Fox Sterlo Program also had a funny, insightful piece on Foz and Hoz. Worth checking it out online :)

"The look" was a classic.

Is anybody posting tonight at the match live at the ground? Will Gift be off with concussion rule, as in, able to come back?
Whoops, wrong thread. Meant this to be in the game thread. Shame. ;)

What I don't understand in all of this.......we were apparently offering Aaron Woods 600k a year.

How could we do that and not have the money for Gift?

Ramrod said:
WE MUST RETAIN GIFTY FOR TEAM HARMONY AND CULTURE.
SIGN HIM NOW!

g'day all,Maybe we can give him the $1.00 playing contract and a$500,000 contract as cultural and harmony ambassador?
cheers mike

Disco said:
What I don't understand in all of this.......we were apparently offering Aaron Woods 600k a year.

How could we do that and not have the money for Gift?
YEs that was reported but it may not have been ... er, how can I put this ... 'true'.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6