[Resurrected] Is gifty gone?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
2v just on NRL 360 stating an offer has been made and negotiations with his Manager are progressing.

He also commended our Wingers and again stated that they set an RL record in the most tries scored in a Season :angel:

Ritchie's dig at Manly Ops is predictable :mad:

2v also wants a Junior Draft to stop the rich Clubs stockpiling talent :cool:

g'day all,The way I see it if we couldn't keep the great Menzies at the club even though he was still producing because of cap restraints,which still really rankles with me, means that no one can expect to be retained merely on longevity of service or loyalty which is to the games detriment.The sad fact is that the game is now as much about business as it is sport.
cheers mike

Since 2008 GF we have faced the Des defection, Tdog going, Foran supposedly gone as was DCE ,Snake , Lyon , Matai., Wolf, Ballin. We've lost some great players Beaver,Bell, Kite,Rose,Hall,Orford,Perry, Bryant,Rodney,Robbo, JWH, Lussick and yet through all this we have played in 2 further GF, a Prelim final and a premiership.
If we can keep Gift we will otherwise if he goes it will be sad but we move on the club is bigger than any individual.

That is true Mike, sadly.

I watched NRL 360 too...not sure whether Tooves was just playing a straight bat by saying the standard...? We know he wants and hopes Gifty can stay, but as Mike pointed out again it's business these days.

I actually think Beaver's last chapter with us was OK...40-0 v. The Drizzle, then five years in Europe hopefully on good money...I hope he and the family had a ball over there.

Also thought Ben Ikin and Paul Kent on NRL 360 handled the Alex McKinnon situation well.

Whenever I read rumours about us losing key players I think back over the last 10 years and try and remember all those players that slipped through our fingers that we have regretted letting go. We rarely lose those we want to keep.

Salary cap makes things tough but hopefully something can work out for Gifty.

How many years do people think Gift will play for? I can't see him playing past 2016 but wouldn't surprise me if 2015 saw him and his Brother both retire. No inside info just what I think.

For all we know a deal is already done with Gift to stay. He could possibly be playing with the media. Him and Brett have little respect for them. News from the club could also be tight lipped, we are still waiting to hear if our skipper Lyon has resigned.

Mark from Brisbane said:
bob dylan said:
Please explain the verb jizzing

Yep and as I was a 60's teenager it applies

Its when one gets so excited that you...well you know, in your pants!!

It was a big deal when I was 13

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY[/video]

You're welcome.

eagles2win said:
Eagle Rock said:
eagles2win said:
Could they be looking at someone younger too bring into the club?

They have plenty of good Back Rowers at the club already, even in the 20s they don't need to waste any more $$$$

How many of them are ball playing lock's?

I think of 4 in the 20s alone and 5 in Cup / 1sts. Don't get me wrong, Gifty is a great player, but he is getting older and injuries are starting to creep in, he is not worth $800 000. I would rather put the $$$$ towards some of Manly's Talented Juniors coming through and adding extra $$$$ to their contracts so we don't lose them to other clubs, who are willing to pay the extra $$$$$ to have them.

Eagle Rock said:
I think of 4 in the 20s alone and 5 in Cup / 1sts.
Why are we wasting so much paying 9 young ball-playing locks when all of them are going to end up as champions who will win premierships, play for Australia and State of Origin? Economic madness. Surely we only need to keep one or two of them ;)

This time last year...most on this forum were saying cut gifty loose.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8