Inglis ****show will be interesting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
20190415_112826.jpg

Look, good luck to him, never liked him , hated that he betrayed his home state but no doubt at his peak he could play.

But seriously if he gets an Ambassadorial role and Souths get cap relief I will lose my **** big time!

But seriously if he gets an Ambassadorial role and Souths get cap relief I will lose my **** big time!

By "if", you mean "when".

Edit: NRL ambassador role confirmed:

“And I’ll also have the opportunity to work with Todd’s (Greenberg’s) team over at the NRL this year in their ambassador program which will be a good way to stay connected with the game as a whole.

https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...mediate-retirement-from-playing-rugby-league/

People ..... If Ingliss retires and both parties are happy to cancel the contract .... then of course his payments cease and he is out of their salary cap .... fair enough ..

.. and if any payments are made by Souff's to Ingliss, for whatever reason, ambassador, waterboy or trainer or whatever .... then these must be viewed with the greatest of scepticism and included in the salary cap ..

... and if any employment is offered by the NRL and it can be shown that these discussions and decisions were made prior to his retirement announcement .... then that is arogance and corruption at it's ugliest ...

This is great news.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Almost all of the cheating scum from 2007 have been put out to roost no. Not to mention old mate Folau too.

I don't care what they get paid, what dispensation they get. Whatever. Don't care. Just want them all gone. We all deserve to be allowed to move on from those thieves who stole our premiership.

Let's just be glad we don't have to deal with Crocker in the media too!

His offside hit on tommy in last year’s origin was dirty.

He got penalized for offside but nein kept talking it up as a big hit. Fyi nein It’s easy to put on a big hit when a player is catching the ball if the defender never got back the 10.

People ..... If Ingliss retires and both parties are happy to cancel the contract .... then of course his payments cease and he is out of their salary cap .... fair enough ..

.. and if any payments are made by Souff's to Ingliss, for whatever reason, ambassador, waterboy or trainer or whatever .... then these must be viewed with the greatest of scepticism and included in the salary cap ..

... and if any employment is offered by the NRL and it can be shown that these discussions and decisions were made prior to his retirement announcement .... then that is arogance and corruption at it's ugliest ...
So, how is the situation different to that of Snake and Matai?

Inglis career highlight for me was when he reneged on his deal to sign with the Broncos because "it's raining and the planes aren't flying" - shortly thereafter he signed with Souths. LOL. Not sure what was funnier, him dudding the Broncos or his excuse for missing the meeting to sign the contract

I'm sure the NRL can find a role for him as a mentor to other NSW juniors who want to turn their back on their state of origin and sell their soul for a few $$$ to the sworn enemy. Never respected him as a player because of that, every time he ran out in a Maroon jersey you were reminded of it.

Snake & Matai insisted on being paid the contract dollars. Had they agreed to cancel their contracts we would have had no cap impact as well. I don't like this any more than anyone else, but it was always going to end this way.
I think the same thing happened with Brenton Lawrence when he went to the GC. He voluntarily pulled up stumps.
I actually don’t have that much of a problem with the outcome in theory, it is just that there is no way that the question of whether a retiring player’s contract value is treated within or outside the cap should be left to the goodwill of the player (or a club’s ability to make arrangements for their post football career).

Sorry Woodsie, I have to disagree with you, it's obvious Souths didn't manage their salary cap properly when they signed Inglis up again, I'm sure Souths would have preferred to have signed him on a two year deal with a two year option favouring Souths, but in doing so Inglis's management would have put feelers out with other clubs so Souths sweetened the deal making it a four year deal.
All well and good if both parties agree to cancel the contract and for Inglis to take up token ambassadorial work, however this was the problem that the Tigers found themselves in with the promise of an ambassadorial job when he finished playing, as far as the salary cap is concerned you can't dangle a carrot to player and not pay him his true value when you're promising future lucrative employment immediately his playing career has finished.
Souths should have taken a harder stance when negotiating his contract and only offer three years instead of four, but they didn't want to handle the backlash.
We where faced with the same problem with Stewart and Mattai. we knew that they were always possibly one game away from retirement, but we still extended their deals.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8