Idris 2017?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know the articles and conditioning that you're referring to and they were terrible 'womans day' style body shaming, unflattering shots of Jamal in pre season training. The guy wasn't born with the genetic make up to have a 6 pack and abs. Same could be said for Kasiano, Eastwood, Rose, Fafita, Lazzo and many other players including Artie Beetson. That doesn't affect their ability to play football at the highest level. If it did I'd suggest bozo is a real bozo for not recruiting the Chippendale/magic mike way.
He was not in the BEST shape mentally or physically at the dogs but he was able to maintain adequate fitness to perform at that level. His career has been picked apart by all types of critics because he showed so much raw potential and promise and he's not the first or last player to struggle to deal with the hype. Our game has given chances to people that have squandered more talent in actual sinister and more repetitive and frustrating ways.
Again, if you read that article which you could of done by now, you would notice Jamal addresses some of the expected scepticism and reservations you appear to have.
And touché it does say a lot about where they're at. Imagine what he would be capable of if he resolved or managed those hurdles that were holding him back from his full potential before and then consider where we are at as a Club. If this was 2009, I wouldn't dare or need to mention a left field recruitment gamble but hey 'says a lot about where WE'RE at'
Hope our recruitment team are never too stubborn, narrow minded, dismissive or arrogant about potential recruits whether we're in a lofty position on the ladder or not..
You mentioned a bunch of forwards. He's a centre. Being in shape counts a lot more out wide.

@Isz the guys we signed are still all around 20. If they were repeating the behaviours into their mid 20's I'd say pass, but they have taken the second chance and had a real dig.

I've got no issue with him having depression or needing time away - I won't knock him or Foz or whoever for that when it is genuinely the case. But Idris has spoken a few times about things like not caring for training etc which just don't cut it.

Look at the game against the Warriors. What won that? Hustle. Digging deep AFTER 80 minutes. Literally throwing yourself at the opposition to stop them winning. That is what our squad has and is rallying around. A lackadaisical attitude does not gel with that.

z205649641_answer_2_xlarge.jpg

I know the articles and conditioning that you're referring to and they were terrible 'womans day' style body shaming, unflattering shots of Jamal in pre season training. The guy wasn't born with the genetic make up to have a 6 pack and abs. Same could be said for Kasiano, Eastwood, Rose, Fafita, Lazzo and many other players including Artie Beetson. That doesn't affect their ability to play football at the highest level. If it did I'd suggest bozo is a real bozo for not recruiting the Chippendale/magic mike way.
He was not in the BEST shape mentally or physically at the dogs but he was able to maintain adequate fitness to perform at that level. His career has been picked apart by all types of critics because he showed so much raw potential and promise and he's not the first or last player to struggle to deal with the hype. Our game has given chances to people that have squandered more talent in actual sinister and more repetitive and frustrating ways.
Again, if you read that article which you could of done by now, you would notice Jamal addresses some of the expected scepticism and reservations you appear to have.
And touché it does say a lot about where they're at. Imagine what he would be capable of if he resolved or managed those hurdles that were holding him back from his full potential before and then consider where we are at as a Club. If this was 2009, I wouldn't dare or need to mention a left field recruitment gamble but hey 'says a lot about where WE'RE at'
Hope our recruitment team are never too stubborn, narrow minded, dismissive or arrogant about potential recruits whether we're in a lofty position on the ladder or not..

I take it that this is one of those unflattering shots that you were talking about:

Jamal%20Idris.jpg

Would definately give him an off season & trials to impress... Has potential no doubt....desire - this is the challenge....1 thing to say he miss Es the game, wants to play again, but in the grind of 7 months of dedication, discipline & sacrifice can he cope.... Give him a year on a smaller contract to prove where he is really at.

Another month, another 'Should we sign Amal Nitrus' thread.

Will people never learn?

In a dud'ish season for our club so far.
We may talk about recruitment and the future. I'm intrigued about this 'Amal Nitrus' you speak of, does he have a YouTube highlights link? :cool:

@MRW @Jethro thanks for the insight, very informative reasons :rolleyes:
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Can people write a bloody sentence, I don't care about the rating system but if an impartial suggestion or theoretical proposition gets posted up, I wish people weren't so lazy by just clicking dislike it's a bloody FORUM. I don't care for your answer as much, I'm not trying to convert anyone, I just want to hear your reasoning or logic.
Otherwise we may as well let one person decide the thread topics and let posters as lazy as they want with their 'contribution'

You mentioned a bunch of forwards. He's a centre. Being in shape counts a lot more out wide.

@Isz the guys we signed are still all around 20. If they were repeating the behaviours into their mid 20's I'd say pass, but they have taken the second chance and had a real dig.

I've got no issue with him having depression or needing time away - I won't knock him or Foz or whoever for that when it is genuinely the case. But Idris has spoken a few times about things like not caring for training etc which just don't cut it.

Look at the game against the Warriors. What won that? Hustle. Digging deep AFTER 80 minutes. Literally throwing yourself at the opposition to stop them winning. That is what our squad has and is rallying around. A lackadaisical attitude does not gel with that.

I'm pretty satisfied you've explained your reasoning properly now. Being in shape certainly counts more in the backs and he would have to live up to his new found resolve to keep playing in the centres. As I said on the opening post I'm not sure what position he's destined for but I'll agree whole heartedly I would want to see a better product than that one at the Doggies, Titans or Panthers.
I'm hoping he's gonna be happy in whatever position at which ever club. He spoke about an NRL return but I didn't read that like he wasn't willing to start with an affiliated club's state cup or lower grades. If he was willing to play for Blacktown and train with the extended sqaud for an offseason, I'd give him a chance to prove himself for minimum wage. He's claiming it's not for dollars so I'd be interested to see 'how low can he go'
I also won't lose sleep if he decides to join another club and find success.
Feels like an offseason right now..

Fair enough loobs , I see things a touch differently but can see where you are coming from

I'd be inclined to give him one more chance for the right price, especially seeing as he seems to be good friends with DCE. Fitness can be improved with hard work, you either have talent or you don't.

Can people write a bloody sentence, I don't care about the rating system but if an impartial suggestion or theoretical proposition gets posted up, I wish people weren't so lazy by just clicking dislike it's a bloody FORUM. I don't care for your answer as much, I'm not trying to convert anyone, I just want to hear your reasoning or logic.
Otherwise we may as well let one person decide the thread topics and let posters as lazy as they want with their 'contribution'

OK R3, happy to volunteer as the one person to decide all thread topics. It's a huge responsibility but I'm up for it. Basically if they agree with me then they are correct, and if they don't, then they are obviously not using any reason or logic whatsoever.

On Idris, people are able to change and improve many aspects of their lives. To me the first things I think of with Jamil is Lazy and unconnected.

Can you change lazy? Can an unconnected player start caring about the outcome or what he needs to do "now" to secure it? I don't know.

As I said earlier, we only have 25 players, we already have 4 works in progress, Idris would make 5. That is 20% of your roster in the rehabilitation phase. Too many for me.

OK R3, happy to volunteer as the one person to decide all thread topics. It's a huge responsibility but I'm up for it. Basically if they agree with me then they are correct, and if they don't, then they are obviously not using any reason or logic whatsoever.

On Idris, people are able to change and improve many aspects of their lives. To me the first things I think of with Jamil is Lazy and unconnected.

Can you change lazy? Can an unconnected player start caring about the outcome or what he needs to do "now" to secure it? I don't know.

As I said earlier, we only have 25 players, we already have 4 works in progress, Idris would make 5. That is 20% of your roster in the rehabilitation phase. Too many for me.

I always happen to rate your posts Woodsie so I'd be happy for you to moderate or decide the thread topics no worries ;)
As long as you keep us posters accountable and make sure we provide a reason or logic behind our opinion- which you do without prompting. Us posters don't have to agree with everything you believe but you're welcome to challenge the seriousness of someone's logic until you see enough evidence we're not being immature smartarses or wannabe class clowns. I wasn't trying to bait anyone on till they agreed with anything I said before but I was prodding for a more reasonable response which didn't alter anyone's opinion and yet I got a more serious answer in the end that was palatable or rational.. You can decide what is more important.
'Can you change lazy?' if you get jethro and MRW to respond to impartial questions or thread topics with more than a 'click' of a rating then I'll say yes you can..
(I don't really mean that- too soon and hypocritical of me)
But I hope you point out that's not a valid response in that situation :peace:

Sometimes, what is the point of writing a sentence when what I would say has already been written many times by others. If I and many others didn't use the ratings system, well then the forum would be full of repeated quotes that everybody would have to wade through but if you want, I can just do exactly that whenever I agree with someone else's comment.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6