Idris 2017?

Your first sentence sums up your maturity some times loobs. You don't have to care about players welfare or treat them like people if you don't want. But don't act like you've played 1st grade,Origin and for Aus, all while still growing up under the adversities an stacked challenges he had to over come up to this point. Shame you speak of him like he was a priveleidged kid wasting all the opportunities that were spoon fed to him.
If you truly read, watched, or listened to this guys life you'd feel embarrassed. Idris was granted a release after pleading with Gould for a break from footy.
I really wish people that are brave enough to open up about mental health issues or health weren't treated with the stigma of being 'damaged goods'. To come to terms with that struggle and go to work on it is the single most important thing he could to in order to come of age as a football player and man whose just turned 26. I commend what he's dos so far and wish him more luck than some I guess

Rant 3fold.
Privilege has nothing to do with it. If you are underprivileged then you should grab every opportunity with both hands because so many do not get a chance. He was never in shape at any club - from the start. Just relied on size and when injuries took a toll and he wasn't as effective, well...

If he's that keen to play I'd like to see him play for a lower grade first. Surely there are opportunities. Interesting he only speaks of signing with an NRL team...

Privilege has nothing to do with it. If you are underprivileged then you should grab every opportunity with both hands because so many do not get a chance. He was never in shape at any club - from the start. Just relied on size and when injuries took a toll and he wasn't as effective, well...

If he's that keen to play I'd like to see him play for a lower grade first. Surely there are opportunities. Interesting he only speaks of signing with an NRL team...

Whaaaaat! You've just made up more BS about him..
Everything you've made up about him had been BS or grossly inaccurate so you've obviously found some issues with him and they seem like your own. I can't take you seriously

He's sort of a cross between t-rex & jarryd Hayne.
Wasted talent
Like Jarryd - always looking for something else instead of getting on with what they should be doing (the grass is always greener) and not really a team player
Like t-rex - well just a bit of a log
We would just be a stepping stone for him on his road to something else 'great' whilst he bludges - when he felt like it that is

Hahahahahaha 'yeh close'
Thanks for elaborating that was hilarious!

Would be a very good signing, was in sensational form before breaking his leg up on the Gold Coast a few years back, things haven't gone his way much since then but well worth having in a squad

A lot of the reasons to not sign him sound very familiar to all the comments on how crap and terrible a signing Lussick was ..

If Idris was the only player we signed with a question mark beside his name I would not have a problem gambolling on his resurrection.

However, we only have 25 spots available and we already have question marks against the following. Not on their ability, but on their development as responsible professional footballers.

Willis Meehan
AFB
Jamil Hopoate

Throw in Dylan Walker as a possible loose cannon, and that is enough for one club. Wish Idris all success, seems a likeable character,

My only question is.....will he suddenly lose interest again after a few games?

That and how much would he cost?

I'm 50/50 on this one. Idris is talented and lord knows we will need a centre and/or a running back rower next year with Killer and possibly Skivy gone. He'd be an upgrade on Brown, but he has history and its not good really.

Whatever he does I wish him well, but I'm not sold on the idea of him becoming a Sea Eagle. Not unless his heart was truly in it.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Whaaaaat! You've just made up more BS about him..
Everything you've made up about him had been BS or grossly inaccurate so you've obviously found some issues with him and they seem like your own. I can't take you seriously
Are you telling me he was in shape at the Dogs? He had tits FFS - not pecs, flabby tits. In my opinion - I have no time for a professional footballer that can't get in shape. Says a lot about where they're at...

Signing guys like Idris is like playing Russian Roulette , but instead of having 1 bullet and 5 empty chambers....., in this case you have 5 bullets and 1 empty.

Even if you give him minimum wage you are robbing a kid of an opportunity who could actually be something. Idris will more than likely just bottle it when the going gets tough like he has done many times before.

It's interesting. Cartwright looks to be a big fan and I think Idris respects Carty.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...old-coast-titans/story-fn2mcuj6-1226037746023

It's entirely possible that he comes, but some stuff in here concerns me - fitness aside:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e/news-story/5bb12ab74894c70c3f11f2d4dbdf3b7c

He left the Titans to come back to Sydney to be closer to his family, but then quit Penrith to go travel. Anyway, I thought this summed it up perfectly:

"The reality is that while it’s important for professional athletes to be well rounded and have outside interests, it’s impossible to perform at the elite level without giving it your full commitment."

Are you telling me he was in shape at the Dogs? He had tits FFS - not pecs, flabby tits. In my opinion - I have no time for a professional footballer that can't get in shape. Says a lot about where they're at...

I know the articles and conditioning that you're referring to and they were terrible 'womans day' style body shaming, unflattering shots of Jamal in pre season training. The guy wasn't born with the genetic make up to have a 6 pack and abs. Same could be said for Kasiano, Eastwood, Rose, Fafita, Lazzo and many other players including Artie Beetson. That doesn't affect their ability to play football at the highest level. If it did I'd suggest bozo is a real bozo for not recruiting the Chippendale/magic mike way.
He was not in the BEST shape mentally or physically at the dogs but he was able to maintain adequate fitness to perform at that level. His career has been picked apart by all types of critics because he showed so much raw potential and promise and he's not the first or last player to struggle to deal with the hype. Our game has given chances to people that have squandered more talent in actual sinister and more repetitive and frustrating ways.
Again, if you read that article which you could of done by now, you would notice Jamal addresses some of the expected scepticism and reservations you appear to have.
And touché it does say a lot about where they're at. Imagine what he would be capable of if he resolved or managed those hurdles that were holding him back from his full potential before and then consider where we are at as a Club. If this was 2009, I wouldn't dare or need to mention a left field recruitment gamble but hey 'says a lot about where WE'RE at'
Hope our recruitment team are never too stubborn, narrow minded, dismissive or arrogant about potential recruits whether we're in a lofty position on the ladder or not..

c'mon,
with leary on the outer he could be next years whipping boy!

Yep, now you've all jumped on Blake again we need a new one for 2017 as no doubt Leary won't be re-signed, and we DO need a whipping boy.

Mind you Nate Myles will probably cover that off for the foreseeable future.

I know the articles and conditioning that you're referring to and they were terrible 'womans day' style body shaming, unflattering shots of Jamal in pre season training. The guy wasn't born with the genetic make up to have a 6 pack and abs. Same could be said for Kasiano, Eastwood, Rose, Fafita, Lazzo and many other players including Artie Beetson. That doesn't affect their ability to play football at the highest level. If it did I'd suggest bozo is a real bozo for not recruiting the Chippendale/magic mike way.
He was not in the BEST shape mentally or physically at the dogs but he was able to maintain adequate fitness to perform at that level. His career has been picked apart by all types of critics because he showed so much raw potential and promise and he's not the first or last player to struggle to deal with the hype. Our game has given chances to people that have squandered more talent in actual sinister and more repetitive and frustrating ways.
Again, if you read that article which you could of done by now, you would notice Jamal addresses some of the expected scepticism and reservations you appear to have.
And touché it does say a lot about where they're at. Imagine what he would be capable of if he resolved or managed those hurdles that were holding him back from his full potential before and then consider where we are at as a Club. If this was 2009, I wouldn't dare or need to mention a left field recruitment gamble but hey 'says a lot about where WE'RE at'
Hope our recruitment team are never too stubborn, narrow minded, dismissive or arrogant about potential recruits whether we're in a lofty position on the ladder or not..
Players of all shapes and sizes used to play the game at a time when we had a far more varied game to watch than the current block play, hit up and kick down field affair we have today. All players pigeon holed into a certain body shape from age 14. If they don't look how they should they are no hope. I've been involved in juniors since 2000 and seen many kids drop out because they don't fit the mold no matter how well they play.

Players of all shapes and sizes used to play the game at a time when we had a far more varied game to watch than the current block play, hit up and kick down field affair we have today. All players pigeon holed into a certain body shape from age 14. If they don't look how they should they are no hope. I've been involved in juniors since 2000 and seen many kids drop out because they don't fit the mold no matter how well they play.

Well said!

I am just no one on here has every showed any signs of weakness especially when they are in their early 20's and have a significant spotlight thrown on them...

@Loobs how do you feel the same about all the ex con players in our ranks?

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2