Idris 2017?

R3

Bird gang affiliate
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...7/news-story/c212db277b84da207c0dce6280118509

Disclaimer** This post is NOT a suggestion or proposition.
It is an IMPARTIAL QUESTION with NO opinion tied to recruitment at this point..

Just wondering if anyone thinks he'd be a decent fit somewhere in our 2017 squad?
I like him 'personally', He loves DY and Manly, and gets along well with DCE and suits the coastal lifestyle. Judging by the article he sounds like he's discovered his love and calling for the game.. Irrespective of positions in the backs and forwards, I'm not sure where his best position is but good for him for rediscovering his love of the game and I hope he ends up happy where ever he ends up.

Last edited:
Yes sign him up he will be cheap and he was close to signing last year with us.
Good point, he's got a lot of close ties on the Northern Beaches that will feel like a support network rather than a distraction crew.
I suppose I was really impressed with his words of conviction from the article

Good point, he's got a lot of close ties on the Northern Beaches that will feel like a support network rather than a distraction crew.
I suppose I was really impressed with his words of conviction from the article
He wasn't even playing bad when he left and I really do see us snapping him up.

Anyone can rediscover a love for something sitting down doing bugger all. Put him through the hard yards of preseason training and see if he still loves it year after year.

Plus not sure if it is true but he is or was suffering "depression" and i don't sign players with such open mental health concerns that just relapse at a moments notice.

Get him a front page story on next months woman weekly, back up for new idea double page spread followed by a story by RSPCA on his achievements feeding stray dogs and he should be cashed up enough to rack off for another 2 years

read the article :newspaper:

Short answer: no @;)
Not going to read it. I saw enough in his time in the game with the multiple opportunities he had and wasted.

Like TC said - put him through a hard off season and then see how keen for it he is. And wasn't Baz at Penrith when they sacked him..?

Elaborate, just ELABORATE!
He's sort of a cross between t-rex & jarryd Hayne.
Wasted talent
Like Jarryd - always looking for something else instead of getting on with what they should be doing (the grass is always greener) and not really a team player
Like t-rex - well just a bit of a log
We would just be a stepping stone for him on his road to something else 'great' whilst he bludges - when he felt like it that is

Looking for Ian Roberts?

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't Keiran say he needs footy in his life a few weeks before quitting?

I would love to see Jamal sign for the sea eagles and get back to his best but I don't think it would happen. The second part I mean.

Well if TB isn't prepared to play Feleti Mateo due to him being a lazy lump off the field, I'm guessing he won't be jumping with excitement at the prospect of picking up an even bigger one...

Last time I was at The Steyne, Jamal was there. Nice guy, posed for a photo with a mate of mine.

Not going to read it. I saw enough in his time in the game with the multiple opportunities he had and wasted.

Like TC said - put him through a hard off season and then see how keen for it he is. And wasn't Baz at Penrith when they sacked him..?

Your first sentence sums up your maturity some times loobs. You don't have to care about players welfare or treat them like people if you don't want. But don't act like you've played 1st grade,Origin and for Aus, all while still growing up under the adversities an stacked challenges he had to over come up to this point. Shame you speak of him like he was a priveleidged kid wasting all the opportunities that were spoon fed to him.
If you truly read, watched, or listened to this guys life you'd feel embarrassed. Idris was granted a release after pleading with Gould for a break from footy.
I really wish people that are brave enough to open up about mental health issues or health weren't treated with the stigma of being 'damaged goods'. To come to terms with that struggle and go to work on it is the single most important thing he could to in order to come of age as a football player and man whose just turned 26. I commend what he's dos so far and wish him more luck than some I guess

Rant 3fold.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2