I honestly hope we miss the top 8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm a bit numb after today. What a roller coaster year.
I'll be back for the ride next Sunday though. It's in the blood.

Making the finals can often be a springboard for bigger and better things the following year. Just the same way a team can lose confidence over the course of a match, you can lose confidence over the course of a season. If we miss the finals this year but get off to a good start next year and the wheels start to fall off again, I feel that how we perform from here on in, could have a large bearing on how we manage the same situation next season.

Just like the burning feeling of missing out on the finals series that we had in our grasp can have a huge bearing on how motivated and fired up we are next season, drawing on the pain of the wsy we capitulated this season.

I'm a bit numb after today. What a roller coaster year.
I'll be back for the ride next Sunday though. It's in the blood.

It's a rollercoaster all right! You never know, if we beat the Warriors and Penrith beat St George at home we'll go into the last round already guaranteed a place in the Top 8.

It's a big IF though.

Simple response to the thread

Never ever wish my team to miss the semis yes we will probably get hammered but I still want to see them play.

I get the frustration in the original post I do , with our potential we have seen this year, Souths raiders roosters sharks away wins peformances come to mind - when we look at that list pretty impressive away win list.

It s just so frustrating to see us over the past 6 weeks fall like we have.

I want us to make the 8. Maybe having Sironen back might add a bit of confidence. Losing Tafua, Sironen, and even Myles hasn't done us any favours. If we limp into the finals, the media will be writing us of from the get go. But stranger things have happened in finals, it's a new competition, and it may be the start of our new "Decade of Dominance"

Let's be a little realistic here, our side on paper is not even top eight quality, it's more towards the bottom four, the side has overachieved.
Any side with Lewis Brown, Matthew Wright , Brian Kelly, says a lot for the club's depth, which is basically zero.
To me this is a recruitment issue, we snapped up too many second rate players without really looking out for some quality buys, perhaps we didn't have the money , who knows?
When Barrett took over, we were heralding buys like, Myles, Brown, Green, Lussick, Winterstein,these guys have been through the mill and were only ever going to be salary cap munchers,then this year we topped it off with, Wright,Wright, Kelly,.
The problem is , these guys are still on contracts, so much the same for next year and the year after.

Myles will go as one of the worst signings in the clubs history.

They can deny it all they like but I reckon he was only signed to get DCE to do an egg flip (or whatever he is suppose to have done).

I guess if that was the case it worked a treat, but in the end we ended up with a grossly overpaid No 7, and over the hill forward who wasnt interested in our club or his career.

whats with the troll ratings any time somone has anything bad to say about a team playing sh!t??
Thought this was supposed to be a forum for discussion..
Ive recieved a few trolls this year for stating were an average team at best, and apart from a few good wins, weve pretty much been average for most of the season

Honestly, when the whips have started to crack we have gone backwards and rapidly, and I hope we miss out, so these blokes dont see the season as a successful one.

All in all, we dont deserve a top 8 spot based on our last 6 weeks.

I dont give a fk how young, inexperienced, etc we are...we have dead set flown the white flag the last 6 weeks.

Im not a big one for negativity, but the last 6 weeks , as a whole, have been undefendable

I completely agree with this

Well said

You turncoat.

We could do our best to win the next two and show pride in our jumper or we can concede and limp out of the 8 meekly and start next season with no momentum...I know which one I'd prefer.
Totally agree. Someone should forward this to the players...

I don't hope they miss the 8, I'd love to see this young team there ( nothing creates a larger fire in the belly than a first round exit from the finals, just ask the 2006 team!!).

However, I'm of the opinion that for whatever reason we are already cooked for 2017.

Won't win another game, even if we make the finals.

Why that is I'm ****ed if I know!

I hope they play some finals footy for the experience. It's a young squad, they need it.

But I think we'll come 8th and then get spanked by either the Panthers or the Eels in the first week of the finals.

We're still one quality prop, one quality second rower, one quality centre and maybe one quality winger away from a squad that can make a serious tilt at the premiership.

I really don't know if there is any connection or not, but the wheels fell off when the salary cap investigation was launched.
Myles will go as one of the worst signings in the clubs history.

They can deny it all they like but I reckon he was only signed to get DCE to do an egg flip (or whatever he is suppose to have done).

I guess if that was the case it worked a treat, but in the end we ended up with a grossly overpaid No 7, and over the hill forward who wasnt interested in our club or his career.

Nate is going terribly. Going to win a premiership with the Storm, what a loser!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -60 8