I honestly hope we miss the top 8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Have a look through the last 20 posts of mine. Some may show disappointment, but I'm constantly defending players. Like I say, not sure why you like to kick a bloke when they are down. True testament of ones character I guess. Mutley like.

Are you down ?

Im basing my opinion of your posting style and feel and opinions over the last 6-8 years or so.
Your last 20 posts mean jack sht to me, given your history., thus why I give any post you make now, in general, a quick scroll over.

Are you down ?

Im basing my opinion of your posting style and feel and opinions over the last 6-8 years or so.
Your last 20 posts mean jack sht to me, given your history., thus why I give any post you make now, in general, a quick scroll over.

Jesus man. You're one nasty piece of work. Really, really nasty. Either way, keep trying to deflect the fact that you wished our team to lose. That's something you'd never find this apparent negative supporter would do - ever.

We might limp into the 8 and then come out and put in a performance we are capable of to knock the Eels out of the finals. Surely a chance at something like that is better than missing the finals.

The point I am making, that a few seem to have missed, is that imo we are , long term, better off missing the finals now, and getting fire in the belly for next year.
Scraping in after our last 6 weeks will give us false confidence that we over-achieved.

To think we thought we could be in the top 4.

Every one of them should hang their heads in shame and whatever they made for playing today should be donated to charity.

Why the f*ck Lewis Brown sees any game time is an absolute mystery to me.
Says a lot when Lewis Brown should get the best player award today for actually having a dig.

No one in all honesty can say that our effort the last six weeks has been top 8 standard. I am now not only disssppointed but angry. I smell a rat! Something is very wrong and we will find out at the seasons end. Our side lost spirit and there must be a reason why!!!
I have to be honest. This is exactly how I'm feeling at the moment. It's gone past disappointment and it has me wanting answers. I just can't fathom the turn for the worse. However, I'm not sure we will necessarily ever find out what's really happened.

Jesus man. You're one nasty piece of work. Really, really nasty. Either way, keep trying to deflect the fact that you wished our team to lose. That's something you'd never find this apparent negative supporter would do - ever.

Im not deflecting it.
I am owning it.
I started the thread after all.

I think it will possibly be better long term for our young team to miss the 8 from an un-missable position, as opposed to scrape in after 6 crap weeks and get all excited over a " successful " season.

Ryan mate , you win!

I'm relatively new but I don't see a thread from you that says "I hope Manly lose" so regardless of your past sins, Mave has lost all credibility!

Honestly, when the whips have started to crack we have gone backwards and rapidly, and I hope we miss out, so these blokes dont see the season as a successful one.

All in all, we dont deserve a top 8 spot based on our last 6 weeks.

I dont give a fk how young, inexperienced, etc we are...we have dead set flown the white flag the last 6 weeks.

Im not a big one for negativity, but the last 6 weeks , as a who, have been undefendable
120 minutes of footy ago Manly were in the top four, now we are hoping they miss the eight to teach them a lesson?.
What on earth happened in just 2 hours?. Surely that make not a season?
I'm not making judgement here, I wrote them off after round two, but I just say, maybe we can learn from then and keep our heads up.
I want finals qualification and one win in the finals for the team to build on for next year.
NYEagle

It's a flawed logic because winning games a few weeks out from the finals awards you the same 2 points that you gain from winning matches in the early and middle stages of the season.

The only way you can make the 8 and not deserve it, is when you finished 9 and a team above you is stripped points for cheating.

If we make the 8, we have earned it because of ours efforts throughout the entire season. We do not deserve to miss out simply due to a perceived lack of effort leading into the business end of the year.

I HOPE the boys are able to redeem themselves, make the 8 and go all the way and win the grand final.. Fat ****ing chance that's going to happen! But I would never in my life, as disappointed and disgusted I am with their shocking performances hope they don't make the 8. No offence to the op. Whether they make it/deserve to be in the 8 is up to them..

Im not deflecting it.
I am owning it.
I started the thread after all.

I think it will possibly be better long term for our young team to miss the 8 from an un-missable position, as opposed to scrape in after 6 crap weeks and get all excited over a " successful " season.

No worries mate. You're completely entitled to your opinion, and you'd win any debate I attempted to have right now at any rate. All I'm asking, and pleading, is that you don't rip into me, when I have nothing to do with the conversation you're having? I just feel that's a bit unfair is all.

Everyone needs to breathe. All we are witnessing here is our passion for our team.

Even if it does manifest itself in a wide variety of ways.

Sometimes, being a Manly supporter is the best feeling....40-0 anyone ? And then there are days like today. When it just blows.

Sadly, it's a package deal.

You turncoat.

We could do our best to win the next two and show pride in our jumper or we can concede and limp out of the 8 meekly and start next season with no momentum...I know which one I'd prefer.
You really think momentum lasts 6 months when all the evidence is that it lasts 6 minutes?

You really think momentum lasts 6 months when all the evidence is that it lasts 6 minutes?
Making the finals can often be a springboard for bigger and better things the following year. Just the same way a team can lose confidence over the course of a match, you can lose confidence over the course of a season. If we miss the finals this year but get off to a good start next year and the wheels start to fall off again, I feel that how we perform from here on in, could have a large bearing on how we manage the same situation next season.

Making the finals can often be a springboard for bigger and better things the following year. Just the same way a team can lose confidence over the course of a match, you can lose confidence over the course of a season. If we miss the finals this year but get off to a good start next year and the wheels start to fall off again, I feel that how we perform from here on in, could have a large bearing on how we manage the same situation next season.
Fair enough, since it's all touchy feely stuff we could well pretend the offseason is 2 minutes, that gives us a full 4 minutes next year! YAY!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8