I’m done with the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There was a time when the video ref did rule on forward passes and it was woeful and inconsistent.
If they brought it back doubt it would improve.

In my opinion the biggest issue is that too many stakeholders and officials are not impartial.

In answer to the latter part of this: the average fan IS more informed (though perhaps LESS educated due to the less than black and white nature of a lot of the rules). They are more informed because we have 11ty camera angles, HD ultra slow mo replays and the weighted and deep comments provided by the “experts” that feed us their opinion in scintillating fashion.

“It’s not like the inconsistencies are getting worse”.... I’ll have to disagree on this point, and vehemently!! The application and interpretation of quite a few “grey” area penalties can and does vary immensely at times. Even some black and white rules (forward passes make a good example!) seem to be bent, or ignored at will... I’d also contend that, technically speaking, (hehe puntastic!) the inconsistency is, in fact, getting worse. Simply put, when the number of penalties per game has increased exponentially this season, and men like Perenara and the Suttons are making a significant percentage of these decisions... well you do the math!!
All that is happening---with more penalties you see the inconsistencies as you have a reference point to compare against and with less penalties teams get away with abusing the rules and the inconsistencies are less evident.

For example with less penalties you get inconsistencies week by week on what is being focused on by the refs, even during the game refs just decide to ping a team after doing the same thing 10 times before.

You can't win....

TC we now have two on field ref's more and better cameras/angles, a team of refs in the bunker, full time ref's and a squad of ref coaches and you admit they are making at least the same amount of errors as one ref and no replay!?! Thats fckin terribke.
1 billion dollars in broadcast rights.
more nrl staff than ever
And more complaints because why? The fans know the rules better? Give me a break.
Not more complaints, just more avenues to express those complaints to a wider audience which feeds others.

But yes the average fans game knowledge is more informed beyond just enjoying the spectacle----it is a good thing, not saying it is bad lol.(well too much knowledge can be bad sometimes in a general life sense)

Nice to see the NRL were happy to promote the ‘flick pass’ from Scott last night.

13C1BC7E-4006-4C73-8C56-CE9EEE1FFD70.jpeg

I don't do Twitter but if I did my comment would be NRL .... steadily killing off Rugby League

The officiating is far worse - get 2 ppl in charge of any business as these 2 refs do - there will be a clash as both have different opinions.
1 Ref please....at least if its a short 10m its both ways, time on the tackled player the same ect
Also if there's a bunker and a forward pass is an indiscretion, should be allowed to call it on replay as you would for a knock on or decoy obstruction.....if this modern technology is set up to get it right, yet a 3m forward pass decides a game - it's a massive discrepancy.
Personally if its all rulings on the run and decisions are made live - will get some right , some wrong - but at least there's not 5 minute reviews and I can live with that....this bunker has some positives at times but also has plenty of annoying factors that stop a free flowing game of footy I grew up on and the cake is iced when these refs blow 200 penalties, the best ref is the 1 you don't notice, fans are there to watch the players.
I have always found it hypocritical to have a new age system to ensure the decisions are correct - yet can't rule on the illegal play of a forward pass?
Manly would have another Premiership from 2013 for starters....

All that is happening---with more penalties you see the inconsistencies as you have a reference point to compare against and with less penalties teams get away with abusing the rules and the inconsistencies are less evident.

For example with less penalties you get inconsistencies week by week on what is being focused on by the refs, even during the game refs just decide to ping a team after doing the same thing 10 times before.

You can't win....

Exactly.

Take the AFB "incorrect play the ball " penalty for example. There must've been at least ten other instances that were equally as bad or worse throughout the game that weren't penalised and that's being conservative. AFB himself probably did the same thing another 2-3 times.
Are we expected to believe that out of something like 300 plays of the ball during a match that was the only one deemed worthy of a penalty?
KPI met - one play the ball penalty per match - tick

Turbo's short pass to Thompson in the first half called forward (which it was) but the touchies and ref's were in a worse position to call that than they were for Scott's pass or many others from dummy half that were ignored.
KPI met - one short forward pass call per match - tick

20m restart - ref's back on the 30m line, defensive line ( all of them) 2m in front - um?

It's not necessarily the one's you get that matter, it's the penalties you don't get that can hurt.

Greenberg asked for the decrease in "nit-picking" penalties but if it's a penalty in the 5th minute then it stands to reason that it's a penalty in the 20th, 50th or last minute regardless of how many for that offence have been called prior.

I have to be honest i agree, it isnt the fact we are losing that is the problem, I mean its hard to watch, yes, but its not the entire issue.
I used to watch about every game all weekend even when i was overseas, however now I don't even watch all our games. It is just so hard to watch, they have completely ruined the game, the way it is officiated is an absolute embarrassment

I have to be honest i agree, it isnt the fact we are losing that is the problem, I mean its hard to watch, yes, but its not the entire issue.
I used to watch about every game all weekend even when i was overseas, however now I don't even watch all our games. It is just so hard to watch, they have completely ruined the game, the way it is officiated is an absolute embarrassment

Correct and certainly not just us, the Titans were stiched up yesterday on a few occasions as well.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8