I’m done with the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
i used to be on this site several times a day...but have dropped off dramatically over the last month. I’m so disillusioned with the way the game is run and officiated. The way the game was officiated today was the icing on the cake. A forward pass let go right in front of the touchie (that’s two games we’ve lost this season because of corrupt linesman... the Canberra game was the other one). The ten metres was non existent (after having had to endure the penalty fest/sin bin love affair all season it’s like a bad comedy) The random play the ball penalty against AFB only for the same offence to continue fervently for the remainder of the game and go unpunished. An accidental offside penalty. It just goes on and on. I’m not going to watch another game until Greenberg and his Queensland idiot offsider are gone. Well done NRL... you’ve turned me off a game I’ve been passionate about for over forty years.

I don’t blame you; I’ve never been more disillusioned about the game than I am at the moment. This isn’t the game of rugby league I grew up loving - it is so far off track from the gem of a game it was in the 90’s.

It's not like these inconsistencies are getting worse, it has been the same way for decades, it is just now the average fan is more informed/educated through a variety of media platforms and are now not as blind.

In the past fans just enjoyed the spectacle without taking up precious space in their very limited minds to see the issues in the game.

It's not like these inconsistencies are getting worse, it has been the same way for decades, it is just now the average fan is more informed and educated through varying media platforms and are now not as blind.

In the past fans just enjoyed the spectacle without taking up precious space in their very limited minds to see the issues in the game.
It used to be a lot more fun.

It's not like these inconsistencies are getting worse, it has been the same way for decades, it is just now the average fan is more informed/educated through a variety of media platforms and are now not as blind.

What a pretentious load of crap.

What a pretentious load of crap.
That is the point of the post, we have all become pretentious know too much fans who get easily disillusioned with the game.

20-30yrs ago bogans were just happy to see big hits and semi professional poorly structured defensive lines being breached by a simple show and go with halves putting defensive lines into "6's and 7's"

That’s it in a nutshell
The way the game was penalised in say round 3 to how it was penalised tonight and they said it will continue it’s what us fans and investors in the game shake there head about

Sorry mate, but if you’re unable to recognise the blatant inconsistencies in the way games are being officiated then I suggest you aren’t watching much football. Look at the decoy runner who stopped in the line tonight... he was deemed to have had no impact and the try was awarded. We’ve already had two or three disallowed for exactly the same thing. The ten metres and ruck is so inconsistent that it’s become diabolical. NEVER before has the game chopped and changed the rules like we’ve seen this season. When has the sport gone from penalising the crap out of sides/placing multiple players in the bin... to allowing a team to sit 5 metres offside all game? It’s a sham.

I’m not done I’m just not as heavily invested as I used to be.

Let’s not forget we lost by a point, yep 1.

Parts of tonight were good , parts fair and parts the usual shyte!!

I enjoyed 75 minutes of that game , sad we lost but I’m far from done!!

That’s it in a nutshell
The way the game was penalised in say round 3 to how it was penalised tonight and they said it will continue it’s what us fans and investors in the game shake there head about
They should of continued to ref in a strong armed way for a few years but caved like politicians appeasing the average fan of the game.

It's not like these inconsistencies are getting worse, it has been the same way for decades, it is just now the average fan is more informed and educated through varying media platforms and are now not as blind.

While I do agree with the your argument that the the mistakes of officials always existed and we just notice them more now, it is the inconsistency of officiating that is killing the game. We we crushing Melbourne through the middle in the first half and our defense was great and when Melbourne tried to slow us down we picked up a couple of penalties. Then the second half comes along and Melbourne are off their line twice as fast, our play the ball speed drops off completely (thanks to the increased wrestle) and our halves have no room to move anymore. Yet no penalties? Mistakes I can live with, if we had lost the game on just the forward pass I would accept it, but that was a stitch up.

Sorry mate, but if you’re unable to recognise the blatant inconsistencies in the way games are being officiated then I suggest you aren’t watching much football. Look at the decoy runner who stopped in the line tonight... he was deemed to have had no impact and the try was awarded. We’ve already had two or three disallowed for exactly the same thing. The ten metres and ruck is so inconsistent that it’s become diabolical. NEVER before has the game chopped and changed the rules like we’ve seen this season. When has the sport gone from penalising the crap out of sides/placing multiple players in the bin... to allowing a team to sit 5 metres offside all game? It’s a sham.
Read my reply again, i never said there isn't obvious inconsistencies.

That is the point of the post, we have all become pretentious know too much fans who get easily disillusioned with the game.

20-30yrs ago bogans were just happy to see big hits and semi professional poorly structured defensive lines being breached by a simple show and go with halves putting defensive lines into "6's and 7's"
Ken Arthurson and John Quayle v Todd Greenberg and Peter Beattie.... enough said.

I'm actually looking forward to the start of the A-League.

I can accept that some years we won't be in the mix. You can't have a gun side every year.
But how can what happened tonight be allowed to continually happen ?
And it's not just us.
Remember the farce between the Tigpies and the Donkeys ? Absolute joke.

This is a fully professional game ? Yeah nah. Not even close.

Wow, your last sentence is something so ****en arrogant that only Zorba could have written it. G'day Zorba. Pass me a sausage roll,

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6