I’m done with the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes yes, we all have limited minds compared to you.
Thanks for gracing our simple forums with your esteemed presence.
Spot on, it is exhausting to bring up the level here sometimes, but for the greater good i keep doing so.

Mind you I've backed off with my "dribble" analysis like the old school days here, so count yourself lucky I'm a reformed pretentious little know it all.

Last edited:
It's not like these inconsistencies are getting worse, it has been the same way for decades, it is just now the average fan is more informed/educated through a variety of media platforms and are now not as blind.

In the past fans just enjoyed the spectacle without taking up precious space in their very limited minds to see the issues in the game.
Great post and so true !!!
At 48 years of age I have been watching games at all levels and I have not seen any difference with refereeing . I remember one day at Brookvale oval Phil Gould instructed his team to walk off the field in protest of the refs .
All teams get the rough end of the pineapple and the good ones still win

Same as all year

When push comes to shove we lack that little bit of class. It could be a lack of talent or experience (others are better judges than me) but it is the reason we need everything to go “right” for us in games like tonight

i used to be on this site several times a day...but have dropped off dramatically over the last month. I’m so disillusioned with the way the game is run and officiated. The way the game was officiated today was the icing on the cake. A forward pass let go right in front of the touchie (that’s two games we’ve lost this season because of corrupt linesman... the Canberra game was the other one). The ten metres was non existent (after having had to endure the penalty fest/sin bin love affair all season it’s like a bad comedy) The random play the ball penalty against AFB only for the same offence to continue fervently for the remainder of the game and go unpunished. An accidental offside penalty. It just goes on and on. I’m not going to watch another game until Greenberg and his Queensland idiot offsider are gone. Well done NRL... you’ve turned me off a game I’ve been passionate about for over forty years.

I left 15 minutes into the second half as I couldn't watch anymore. My decision had more to do with the standard of rugby league, rather than the officiating. What an awful product! This is not the game I grew up with. We are not the only ones noticing, either, as people are beginning to switch off. Manly's attack was nothing more than crabbing across field, Tapau and AFB excepted. My wife knows nothing about the game but was shouting at them to RUN STRAIGHT!!! Rugby league will be a minority sport within twenty years as there are no more footballers left, just 6'4 bash and barge types.

I left 15 minutes into the second half as I couldn't watch anymore. My decision had more to do with the standard of rugby league, rather than the officiating. What an awful product! This is not the game I grew up with. We are not the only ones noticing, either, as people are beginning to switch off. Manly's attack was nothing more than crabbing across field, Tapau and AFB excepted. My wife knows nothing about the game but was shouting at them to RUN STRAIGHT!!! Rugby league will be a minority sport within twenty years as there are no more footballers left, just 6'4 bash and barge types.

Do you think having 4 of our best possible players in the backline not playing has anything to do with this?

Also no Api or Siro, and that's 6 or our best possible13 players unavailable.

I wont count the 2 that have left for the northern hemisphere, or the joke that is the Nate Myles situation.

We are a patched up side, one who's original best roster was a fringe top 8 side.

I am not happy we lost, but very proud of the effort.

We had no luck with the penalty call or the try from the forward pass but we might of had some luck with the Scott no try (could of gone either way). We could all blame DCE for missing and easy goal.

I thinks its just the way footy is for us Manly fans in 2018.

Chin up and soldier on.

Spot on, it is exhausting to bring up the level here sometimes, but for the greater good i keep doing so.

Mind you i've back off with my "dribble" analysis like the old school days here, so count yourself lucky I'm a reformed pretentious little know it all.
You have outdone yourself tonight mate...and any credibility you may have had has been flushed down the sh1tter. Coming across as a long winded toss pot.

Same as all year

When push comes to shove we lack that little bit of class. It could be a lack of talent or experience (others are better judges than me) but it is the reason we need everything to go “right” for us in games like tonight
I agree . Lack of winning culture experience and talent in the coaching staff .
My opinion is based on our under performing roster . Our team is better than a bottom 4 team . Our team is good enough to be at least competing for the top 8 .
**********************One of them now is a Rabbit and the rest is history ******************************
cfe28c06db3ae223b9eaf010ff65faa6.jpg

Do you think having 4 of our best possible players in the backline not playing has anything to do with this?

Also no Api or Siro, and that's 6 or our best possible13 players unavailable.

I wont count the 2 that have left for the northern hemisphere, or the joke that is the Nate Myles situation.

We are a patched up side, one who's original best roster was a fringe top 8 side.

I am not happy we lost, but very proud of the effort.

We had no luck with the penalty call or the try from the forward pass but we might of had some luck with the Scott no try (could of gone either way). We could all blame DCE for missing and easy goal.

I thinks its just the way footy is for us Manly fans in 2018.

Chin up and soldier on.

Who are the four backline players? Apart from Walker, who else can get anywhere near Slater, Munster and Addo-Carr, who were outs for Melbourne? Please don't mention Taufua, Croker and Uate. And as for Api and Sirro, the number nine for us MORE than covers for Api. Fainu is a gun and if I was the coach he would be the number one hooker going forward.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been covered, but I'm pretty dirty that Walker was pulled out.. How much are we paying the kid, 500k??
If his knee was fine to be playing golf thru the week (u know, the game that heavily relies on pivoting the knees with every swing), surely he would be right to do his job.

i used to be on this site several times a day...but have dropped off dramatically over the last month. I’m so disillusioned with the way the game is run and officiated. The way the game was officiated today was the icing on the cake. A forward pass let go right in front of the touchie (that’s two games we’ve lost this season because of corrupt linesman... the Canberra game was the other one). The ten metres was non existent (after having had to endure the penalty fest/sin bin love affair all season it’s like a bad comedy) The random play the ball penalty against AFB only for the same offence to continue fervently for the remainder of the game and go unpunished. An accidental offside penalty. It just goes on and on. I’m not going to watch another game until Greenberg and his Queensland idiot offsider are gone. Well done NRL... you’ve turned me off a game I’ve been passionate about for over forty years.
It does get to you ole mate dont worry about that . I need this year fast tracked asap.

Who are the four backline players? Apart from Walker, who else can get anywhere near Slater, Munster and Addo-Carr, who were outs for Melbourne? Please don't mention Taufua, Croker and Uate. And as for Api and Sirro, the number nine for us MORE than covers for Api. Fainu is a gun and if I was the coach he would be the number one hooker going forward.

Of course they are the 4 players, they play for Manly and were in our best 13 at the start of the season . Slater, Munster and Ado Carr or their replacements have nothing to do with our side. We cant help who is available for the other 15 sides.

I agree with Fainu, he is our future. I also like Suli in the centres.

I think that the way the game is played is a direct result of the officiating: and my belief is that the officiating is driven by a one significant factor..

Ego.

And for that, we can thank that prancing little turd Bill “Hollywood” Harrigan. Every time he ref’d a game, his ego driven belief was that he was more important than the players, the game, the fans, and most importantly the history of this great game. Bill was actually quite a good referee, but his legacy is that of on field officials with zero feel for the game and an over dependence on technology rather than experience and intuition/skills.

Most importantly, the referees have become the most critical men on the field in terms of their ability to influence the ebb and flow as well as the momentum of a game. We are seeing an average of 15-20 penalties per game these days: put another way that’s a penalty every 4-5 minutes which creates a stop start, juddering mess of a game in my opinion. The inconsistent application of “grey area” penalties and more importantly the timing of these bullsh*t judgement calls can dramatically swing a game in one teams favour...

Remember when guys like Joey Johns, Tooves, Cliffy or Ricky Stuart et al could take a game by the scruff of the neck and win the game for their team?

Nowadays, Henry Perenara has more influence on the game than any of those players. Let that sink in for a minute.

Peranara > Cliffy?!?!?

Rugby League has no place for men like Cliff Lyons any more. Not in the NRL. The template these days is a hyper athlete that plays his structures and hopefully is disciplined enough to not give the officials any reason to use them as an excuse to manipulate the game.

Personally I find this to be a sad state of affairs. I’ve noticed that we talk more about the refereeing than the game of late, and players are always appellated with the negative “ill disciplined” tag if they are pinged for something that only the referees consider to be a lack there of. Penalties are no longer awarded to a team, they are “conceded”. Whilst they have always been a result of ill disciplined play, they are now placing the onus squarely on the teams (as indeed they should) but in a manner that suggests that said penalties are the fault of the players and the players alone.

My problem with this is that the interpretation and application of 90% of the penalties given changes from referee to referee, from ground to ground, from team to team, from player to player and, let’s be honest, on an almost minute to minute basis. And they point to the players as “ill disciplined”, whilst blowing a penalty for something that 30 seconds earlier was let go, or an even worse infringement.. and how in the hell are the players supposed to understand an interpretation that varies so fluently??

It just sh*ts me to tears. The game used to be a spectacular thing to watch, and still can be if State of Origin is any indication...

Anyhow, apologies for the rambling and slightly incoherent ranting. Have had 11tybillion beers and am typing one eyed on a cracked iPhone :)

You have outdone yourself tonight mate...and any credibility you may have had has been flushed down the sh1tter. Coming across as a long winded toss pot.

He is certainly full of himself, is he not? He knows just as much as the rest of us typing from our parents ba
Of course they are the 4 players, they play for Manly and were in our best 13 at the start of the season . Slater, Munster and Ado Carr or their replacements have nothing to do with our side. We cant help who is available for the other 15 sides.

I agree with Fainu, he is our future. I also like Suli in the centres.

You are clutching at massive straws with your first paragraph. I have no idea what point you are trying to make with it. Argument for arguments sake?

I like your point about Fainu though. The one player that stood out for me tonight.

I’m not done I’m just not as heavily invested as I used to be.

Let’s not forget we lost by a point, yep 1.

Parts of tonight were good , parts fair and parts the usual shyte!!

I enjoyed 75 minutes of that game , sad we lost but I’m far from done!!

I enjoyed the first 20 as always I had both 2nd rowers as first try scorer. $29 X 20. Would have swapped it for the win.

While I'm not a fan of the way the game has gone, I just love watching those Turbos. Love 'em!

It's not like these inconsistencies are getting worse, it has been the same way for decades, it is just now the average fan is more informed/educated through a variety of media platforms and are now not as blind.

In the past fans just enjoyed the spectacle without taking up precious space in their very limited minds to see the issues in the game.
So using your logic as a template you are the sum of small minded parents.
And even smaller minded grand parents.
And so on.......

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4