I’m done with the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When the commentators are saying the same things then you know we aren't just being biased here. It was plain to see the refs were determined to slant their decisions to the scum after we broke away to 10 pt lead. They're acting under instruction and the game has become a farce because of it.

I'm done. I'm still holding on by a thread with Manly. But Im done with watching the game generally.

I support policing the ruck and if clubs are now bullies and push limits, so happy they get 500 penalties.

It's the video ref, and those making the games rules who have destroyed it.

The theatre and excitment of a try has gone with the video ref.

There was nothing better then a try after the siren, a team just throwing the footy about in a close game, going all out for a try.

First you didn't need to be tackled after the siren for the game to be over.

They don't stop the clock when the ball is kicked out and we have players celebrating and shaking hands when there is 30 seconds left on the clock. It's a terrible way to finish a game.

The final straw has been the bunker. I now have turned off aanumber of non Manly games. It's the bunker video ref replays. They show it that FN slow. They Watch it that many times. When blind Freddy doesn't need one look. It's just too frustrating and terrible tv.

When it is no longer pleasurable to watch, why watch it.

I still watch man, not jumping off the sinking ship yet. But the game is managed by idiots no matter which way you look at it.

I'm done. I'm still holding on by a thread with Manly. But Im done with watching the game generally.

I support policing the ruck and if clubs are now bullies and push limits, so happy they get 500 penalties.

It's the video ref, and those making the games rules who have destroyed it.

The theatre and excitment of a try has gone with the video ref.

There was nothing better then a try after the siren, a team just throwing the footy about in a close game, going all out for a try.

First you didn't need to be tackled after the siren for the game to be over.

They don't stop the clock when the ball is kicked out and we have players celebrating and shaking hands when there is 30 seconds left on the clock. It's a terrible way to finish a game.

The final straw has been the bunker. I now have turned off aanumber of non Manly games. It's the bunker video ref replays. They show it that FN slow. They Watch it that many times. When blind Freddy doesn't need one look. It's just too frustrating and terrible tv.

When it is no longer pleasurable to watch, why watch it.

I still watch man, not jumping off the sinking ship yet. But the game is managed by idiots no matter which way you look at it.

These days, I just record the games, and watch the wins. Got better stuff to be doing tbh.
There just isn't the enjoyment anymore in it for me. Doesn't even feel like Manly.
My poor old seat in the Jane Try stand !! LOL. Been empty every game bar 2 so far.

Last night I swore was never going to watch again. I was a bit drunk so will see how that holds up. I've woken up this morning and the passion to watch is still not there. Since the 2013 GF it's been 5 years of misery and with these Manly owners and Game administrators it's feels like another 5 years easily on the horizon

The refs aren't inept, the linesmen don't need to get they're eyes tested, mistakes are not being made, everything is going to plan, the games rigged and close to unwatchable. I'm cancelling my Fox subscription , you'd have to be mad to pay to watch this ****.

I think anybody still questioning just how corrupt our game has become had their questions answered after Origin 3. This was the most blatant example of favouritism/corruption/manufacturing of a desired result (call it what you will). Even the media doesn't try to hide it any longer. WWE is where we are at - just call it 'sports entertainment'.

It's not like these inconsistencies are getting worse, it has been the same way for decades, it is just now the average fan is more informed/educated through a variety of media platforms and are now not as blind.

In the past fans just enjoyed the spectacle without taking up precious space in their very limited minds to see the issues in the game.
TC we now have two on field ref's more and better cameras/angles, a team of refs in the bunker, full time ref's and a squad of ref coaches and you admit they are making at least the same amount of errors as one ref and no replay!?! Thats fckin terribke.
1 billion dollars in broadcast rights.
more nrl staff than ever
And more complaints because why? The fans know the rules better? Give me a break.

Have a look around every club forum. All fans know he refereeing is really bad.
I have never seen a professional sport where the officiating is so poorly executed. The refereeing in Q cup is better than NRL.

I think anybody still questioning just how corrupt our game has become had their questions answered after Origin 3. This was the most blatant example of favouritism/corruption/manufacturing of a desired result (call it what you will). Even the media doesn't try to hide it any longer. WWE is where we are at - just call it 'sports entertainment'.
I actually felt a bit sorry for Slater. That ‘wait a bit Billy we’ve got something more to give you’ bit at the end was just embarrassing.

When a team is heading for a possible try in the corner the touchies stop running the last 10m and stand still looking down the touch line to see if the ball carrier goes into touch. They stop keeping in line with the play to look for a forward pass.

So why the heck does the NRL have the touchies looking for what is reviewable by the bunker, while at the same ignoring what the NRL has decided is not reviewable?

And ever since the NRL introduced "insufficient evidence to overturn the onfield decision", their rationale for not allowing forward passes to be reviewed went out the door.

The NRL is a basket case of illogical and inconsistency.

No excuses. We played against a team without most of its stars and got done over at home.

This team just doesn't have enough ability and deserve to be in a wooden spoon battle.

Kelly laughing again after the final nail is hit in our coffin post game.

Some Parra players were crying post game this week.
Kelly is just too light, isn't he. Can't hold his ground when tackled and often gets pushed back when tackling.

Does anyone know what our worst ever season results were ? Wins versus losses?
In terms of wins, our lowest seasons were 1947 and 1948 when there were 4 out of 18 games. In terms of losses, our highest was in 2003 when there were 17 losses in 24 games (Peter Sharp coach) and there were 791 points conceded (av. 30+ points/game), so to answer your question @Ryan one would consider 2003 to be our worst ever season. :tmi:

(p.s. thanks to @Manly To Win! for the details)

When a team is heading for a possible try in the corner the touchies stop running the last 10m and stand still looking down the touch line to see if the ball carrier goes into touch. They stop keeping in line with the play to look for a forward pass.

So why the heck does the NRL have the touchies looking for what is reviewable by the bunker, while at the same ignoring what the NRL has decided is not reviewable?

And ever since the NRL introduced "insufficient evidence to overturn the onfield decision", their rationale for not allowing forward passes to be reviewed went out the door.

The NRL is a basket case of illogical and inconsistency.
It must be a part of Toddy's master plan to "grow the game and increase crowd numbers".

This the same plan he's been working on since he was the Head of Football.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6