Hooker for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Perspective time...
Best defender Parker ? I saw Roberts run around him easily in our last trial game .
Also what impact did he make to our attack ?
If you saw the game please tell me your version
to be honest Bozo I didn't see the trial and couldn't bring myself to watch the replay... I have stated before that Parker is about as fast as a turtle on heroin so I am not surprised JtJ burned him....
however Parker is one of the few consistent hit-and-stick defenders in our back line over the last 2 years... Elliot was pretty good too but he is gone...
I agree Parker does not get me excited in attack but imo our defence is our biggest issue atm so it worries me that we are building a team that will have to overcome 24 + points every game....

It's being floated that Suli will be selected as a winger.
I'll say from the outset that I am not a huge fan of this guy. What has he got? Bulk.
He doesn't have the silky skills of traditional champion centres, nor the speed.
He certainly can't jump, which is a major drawback for a winger the way the game is currently played.
I don't think he is clever enough to play in the backline. I believe if he has a future in the NRL it is somewhere in the forwards. I can't see 'The Staid Professor' considering such a switch so my opinion will probably never be put to the test.

to be honest Bozo I didn't see the trial and couldn't bring myself to watch the replay... I have stated before that Parker is about as fast as a turtle on heroin so I am not surprised JtJ burned him....
however Parker is one of the few consistent hit-and-stick defenders in our back line over the last 2 years... Elliot was pretty good too but he is gone...
I agree Parker does not get me excited in attack but imo our defence is our biggest issue atm so it worries me that we are building a team that will have to overcome 24 + points every game....
As fast as a turtle on heroin

Feathered friend that is so poetic . What an expression . God love you... that was Classic !

Perspective time...
Best defender Parker ? I saw Roberts run around him easily in our last trial game .
Also what impact did he make to our attack ?
If you saw the game please tell me your version
Bozo, I sadly watched the whole game, and yes did see Parker get burned on the outside by Roberts...Parker might be able to hit and stick, but he has to get in reach to hit. He is too slow for a centre, we need speed!

Bozo, I sadly watched the whole game, and yes did see Parker get burned on the outside by Roberts...Parker might be able to hit and stick, but he has to get in reach to hit. He is too slow for a centre, we need speed!
To be fair, Suli isn’t exactly a speed machine either, so Parker isn’t on his own there.

Well I trust what Snake says and if he has named the team - then I will go with his advice. However leaving Walker out - total madness. Parker was concussed in the trial from an innocuous collision. No way will he last more than a couple of games if he lasts this one and just isn't in Walker's class! Not by a mile! If Schuster isn't on the bench Des has totally lost me. Without Turbo we need points - we need attack - Walker and Schuster will give us points - Parker... um not! Some plodders in the mix for the bench. Keppie - plodder, Boyle - plodder. Sipley big man - ok but really a plodder in today's game. Schuster, Davey, Paseka/Aloiai and someone - maybe Cust for the bench - forget plodders. No Guacamole - another huge error. Does Des think this is the Stawell Gift where you run from the handicap and try and run the leaders down? Lose the first 4 or 5 games and try and run over the top of the leaders before finals time might be his strategy. If Snake is correct this is total total madness and I am a Des fan .... currently!

we should have made a play for Corey Allen before he went to dogs could have used him in centres and would have been perfect fill in for turbo

Guess that it is difficult enough when a club 's top 3 paid players are not available or performing up to an expected level on a regular basis and presently with Manly of course with the 3 mil directed at D C E , Turbo and Jake .

Wasn't DCE just named best and fairest and Jake players player?

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
If we leave walker out as @Snake says we are going to be doing ( I will believe snake always been on the money) then we are handing easts the game, why we are going to be leaving walker out of our top 17 just seems crazy.

Even on his poor days walker has way more experience than anyone else we have at centre.

Saab is not an option at 1. He does not have a pass on him, nor does he have the smarts. He is known for his size and speed but was a late bloomer and his 'footballing instincts' are still very green.
I honestly haven’t seen Saab play. Thats all I’ve got.@;)

If DESpicable picks Foran over The Shoe then it confirms to me the coach has become 'The Staid Professor, opting for conservatism over potential.
I have to disagree with you there. I think my posts show that I’m a huge Shoe fan. But he’s still got a lot to learn. Foz on the other hand has all the experience, and that’s what you’re counting on at the start of the season. We all know Foz could last one game without injury (hopefully), if we get anymore than 10 in a row out of him, I’d be flabbergasted. Then in steps the Shoe, having had stints off the bench to fill the No6 role.

Maybe Des thinks that the shoe will learn more about game management by playing a few full games in reserve grade than he would learn from stints off the bench in 1st grade. He was one of the few to play 80 mins in the trial.

Anyone know if Bailey Simonsson if off contract with raiders, apparently born in Mona Vale, he looks big strong and fast, not sure if he has regular start with raiders?

couldnt find NRL highlights while playing at Faiders, however 2019 mounties below, winger fullback with speed is what we need

Last edited:
I’m confused??? For most of last year the complaints of our backs being slow & zero attack & we need better attacking players was the norm.....now we’re talking about dropping attacking players for defensive ones??? At our attacking best Walker & Suli are our center pairing without question.....wingers Garrick & Saab.....halves Foran & DCE.....fullback Tom T with Schuster @ 14. Croker can play the full 80 minutes & so Cust, unfortunately, misses out. If both Croker & Cust are selected & Schuster left out then for me Des has lost the plot! Schuster has shown more in the 2 games he’s played than both the others combined! I for one would be extremely disappointed if Schuster is lost to Manly because of a ridiculous selection agenda.....same with Olakau’atu!

I’m confused??? For most of last year the complaints of our backs being slow & zero attack & we need better attacking players was the norm.....now we’re talking about dropping attacking players for defensive ones??? At our attacking best Walker & Suli are our center pairing without question.....wingers Garrick & Saab.....halves Foran & DCE.....fullback Tom T with Schuster @ 14. Croker can play the full 80 minutes & so Cust, unfortunately, misses out. If both Croker & Cust are selected & Schuster left out then for me Des has lost the plot! Schuster has shown more in the 2 games he’s played than both the others combined! I for one would be extremely disappointed if Schuster is lost to Manly because of a ridiculous selection agenda.....same with Olakau’atu!
You missed my point a little MM... I am not advocating for Parker, I just made the 2 observations about him:
1. He is one of our best defenders in the backs
2. He is a favourite of Des

I also made the observation that I am not convinced by the defence of those around him... Garrick is terrible, Suli makes bad reads, Jorge/Funa get caught out on the wing constantly (altho at least Jorge is good for a highlights hit every few games), Walker rarely shuts the player down, Cherry gets bumped quite often (but is not terrible and usually comes back and makes the try-saving tackle).... Harper I don't have enough info on at this point but he seems alright....

Saab I am not sure about, I hate the Dragons yet remember seeing him do some excellent things in attack but can't really remember his defensive efforts...

You will note in the 'starting 17' thread that the team I would like to see is nothing like the team that I expect to see....

Note: I was advocating offensive players to be used last year but the last 7-8 rounds made me realise that if we defend like that then we have no chance.... ideally we could find a mix?? Couple of Jamie Lyons / Steve Menzies / Wolfman type players would be nice...

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8