Hooker for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • You said Walker and Suli are a lock in the centres and I am saying that they will not be our centre pairing against the Chooks.
  • I am saying Foran will be 6 and Croker will be 9.
  • As for Gauc, I’m saying he will not play against Chooks.
*injuries at training aside.
You also see Cust and Shu off the bench...with the 9 and 6 as above ?
This will be a bit off unfortunately

Even the average sides are trying to direct there point of attack at all points of the defensive line and with a fair bit of up tempo . Only way to combat this method is to cut down on on opposition's forward momentum and definitely not hang back ., this can apply to backs as well as closer to the ruck in the forwards . Think that Paseka , Alioia and even Jake can manage this , no doubt also with Jet Ski and Siro if they can get their act together . Definitely with Haumole if he can get on to the paddock . Also just have to look how Sipley really improved his mobility and agility in 2019 so really can not see how Marty , Keppie and Boyle can not make the adjustment too . Saddler looks likely but a bit of inexperience at present . Same applies to the outside backs , Parker sets a good example sometime but really need Suli and Walker to measure up defensively more importantly as they are capable of offering the x factor if they are on their game . Harper will most likely be at the back in the short term so not as focus on him and looked like he was holding his own defensively last week . If Manly can get their defensive game in order , more scope and opportunity for some better attacking opportunities but they still need some less predictable tactics there as well . probably that is where the Shoe is going to be quite pivotal so to speak .

You also see Cust and Shu off the bench...with the 9 and 6 as above ?
This will be a bit off unfortunately
Foran at 6, Croker at 9 and bench not determined as yet. Never said Cust and Shoe together, just floated the many options.

Certainly hope that whatever the issues are with Haumole , injury or otherwise can be sorted out fairly pronto .Manly apparently have an option on his services next season but just seems a wasted opportunity if he can not be available or be given the opportunity to play to his potential this season . Maybe Siro and Jet Ski can play at a good level again but not overly confident that those pair will make or help in a significant way to make Manly a force again . just on current indications at least . Burbo is not ready yet

Got me beat if Suli and Walker are not going to be the centre pairing in round one then . Really can not see or would be very surprised at Suli on the wing , Walker will not be at 6 . Again good kid but Parker being our starting centre to lift Manly out out of bottom 4 territory, not very encouraging . Funa goes O K but ditto with Parker 's situation . Harper was apparently in favour there but again most likely at the back unless Des opts for Funa there and Harper switches to one centre position

Which makes the Parker selection very interesting. He is obviously a favourite of Des's and he is our best defender in the backline...
Will Des put him on the wing or is he just not fast enough to cover out there?
Time will tell I guess...
Perspective time...
Best defender Parker ? I saw Roberts run around him easily in our last trial game .
Also what impact did he make to our attack ?
If you saw the game please tell me your version

Got me beat if Suli and Walker are not going to be the centre pairing in round one then . Really can not see or would be very surprised at Suli on the wing , Walker will not be at 6 . Again good kid but Parker being our starting centre to lift Manly out out of bottom 4 territory, not very encouraging . Funa goes O K but ditto with Parker 's situation . Harper was apparently in favour there but again most likely at the back unless Des opts for Funa there and Harper switches to one centre position

I suppose lost in the thinking is harper. Played well in the trial but maybe funa will get the nod at fullback . Harper was rumoured to be in line for a starting centre role.

In dessies mind harper may have been given a trial and he is thinking maybe not , back to centre.

Our defence out wide has been terrible and harpers best attribute in the trial was defence.
I also thought he looked gassed early despite his strong performance.
Funa has his limitations but looks to have time

I suppose lost in the thinking is harper. Played well in the trial but maybe funa will get the nod at fullback . Harper was rumoured to be in line for a starting centre role.

In dessies mind harper may have been given a trial and he is thinking maybe not , back to centre.

Our defence out wide has been terrible and harpers best attribute in the trial was defence.
I also thought he looked gassed early despite his strong performance.
Funa has his limitations but looks to have time
The only question then is who misses out? Walker, Suli, Garrick? Or are we barking up the wrong tree?
Interesting team selection ahead!
You'd have to expect Suli is the one to miss out! Surely Walker gets selected unless he is going to be stood down?
Way too much thinking now!!! ;)

Perspective time...
Best defender Parker ? I saw Roberts run around him easily in our last trial game .
Also what impact did he make to our attack ?
If you saw the game please tell me your version

Parker started last season very strong in attack when he was getting good ball from walker. His season dived when walker was injured. He was running good lines .
I remember starting a thread that suli and parker had a training dust up as they both wanted to play outside walker. It was tongue in cheek , but walker was going great guns with good service and suli was making up numbers, very small numbers on the stats list i might add.
Apparently it was sirros fault, which in conclusion made thompson a gun for 8 weeks

Parker started last season very strong in attack when he was getting good ball from walker. His season dived when walker was injured. He was running good lines .
I remember starting a thread that suli and parker had a training dust up as they both wanted to play outside walker. It was tongue in cheek , but walker was going great guns with good service and suli was making up numbers, very small numbers on the stats list i might add.
Apparently it was sirros fault, which in conclusion made thompson a gun for 8 weeks
The moral of the story ...
Any player can run good lines but only the great ones break the line on their own and turn the game on their own

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8