Hooker for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
.. and yet ... was re-signed to a new contract by Dessie ..

and winnya ... my point is that you are not calling him a turd and garbage .. because he has beaten his missus .. not because he is involved in drunken glassings at the pub ... not be cause he is drink driving ... not because he is drug cheating ... not because he is posting sex tapes .... and not because he isn't having a go ... but simply because he is not as good a footy player as you would like him to be ...

and that entitles you to call him to be dropped ... but IMO .. does not entitle anyone to personally disrespect or abuse him ...
Have a different opinion, happy if he comes good but it won't happen he struggles fairly clear he way out of his depth. If your offended then I do apolgise I will eatch my manners. But I am here as a supporter who wants to win not be happy with mediocre.
Parker while lacking ability does not try to play outside of it and plays to best of it.

.. and yet ... was re-signed to a new contract by Dessie ..
Worth remembering that Des has a questionable history with player signings and retention, especially with hookers. Dogs supporters still bitch about him letting Cook go and recruiting Michael "Love Triangle" Lichaa instead. And then there's his head-scratching support of Aiden Tolman, which even left Willie Mason mystified.

This whole debate ("Who should our hooker be for 2021?") is more about Des than it is about any particular player. He's the one making the decisions, and he's had plenty of time to think about it and get it right. He might not have exactly the roster he wants, but he has to work with what he's got. Everyone knows we need a hooker, but he's banking on being able to create one from the players we've got.

This year is a big year for Hasler and his legacy. He'll either show some flexibility with his approach and selections, adapting to the new rules and environment, or… he won't. If he doesn't, we're buggered, and it'll be that much harder for anyone to argue against the idea that the game has passed him by.

Worth remembering that Des has a questionable history with player signings and retention, especially with hookers. Dogs supporters still bitch about him letting Cook go and recruiting Michael "Love Triangle" Lichaa instead. And then there's his head-scratching support of Aiden Tolman, which even left Willie Mason mystified.

This whole debate ("Who should our hooker be for 2021?") is more about Des than it is about any particular player. He's the one making the decisions, and he's had plenty of time to think about it and get it right. He might not have exactly the roster he wants, but he has to work with what he's got. Everyone knows we need a hooker, but he's banking on being able to create one from the players we've got.

This year is a big year for Hasler and his legacy. He'll either show some flexibility with his approach and selections, adapting to the new rules and environment, or… he won't. If he doesn't, we're buggered, and it'll be that much harder for anyone to argue against the idea that the game has passed him by.

I Have made those same points several times ... you also forgot to mention he let Ennis go to Cronulla and win a Premiership to retain Lichaa .

I am sure Dessie had a plan .. but Fainu .threw it all into chaos ..

I think what may save us this year is that we have in Foran, Schuster and our backline a far more potent attack and should be able to cover for just a tradesman like dummy half performance .. hoping anyway ... as @The better Robbo said ... we have enough points in us not to need the rake to win games for us ...

Every single long serving coach has passed up on a player who went onto better things.
So True .

Greatness does not ever exceed perfection.

Many are great but no one is perfect apart from the one and only Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton who has never failed. Others have failed to live up to his extraordinary expectations

Bennett passed on the great Matty Ballin . He did not think much of him
DEs turned him into a Premiership winning player and a Manly Legend

The interesting thing about 9 in the modern game is the increased speed. If you think about the best hookers in the game, they all pass off the deck or run straight and hard. Even Cam Smith had to adjust his approach to the increased speed last year. Gone are the days of picking it up and having a look around. Harry Grant is another who excelled under the new rules because he either passes immediately or runs immediately (never a bit of both).

Fainu was looking the goods BUT the new rules certainly do not suit his 'pick the ball up and have a look around' like it did before the rule changes sped the game up. I am not suggesting for one second that he couldn't or won't adapt to the changes (should he return) but the rules certainly favour hookers with a more rigid approach to the position.

The best no 9's in today's game are the ones that a quick on their feet or are quick smart thinkers

Croker's biggest issue is mental toughness. For as long as I can remember his body language has been shocking when he makes errors and the harder he tries, the harder he seems to fail. ie kicks out on the full, poor options in attack etc. He has tradesmanlike skill as an NRL player and could very well become a solid 30 man squad member of any club but until he gets his head right..u can have all the heart and fitness in the world but if what's going in between ure ears doesn't have that 'winner mentality' he will struggle.

DES dosen't have passengers. They are either very capable contributors or they get moved on.
DEs had plenty of passengers on the bus on the way to premiership glory last season
Some are in this seasons squad
Time to pull their finger out
No sentiment in Professional sport
It is all success driven
No failures last for a long time in any field

So Fainu still doesnt know who did the stabbing and is looking to take his chances in court?

You would think he knows, right?

So Fainu still doesnt know who did the stabbing and is looking to take his chances in court?

You would think he knows, right?
I think he knows he is innocent

I believe the club has heard all the evidence and are astute enough to back him and extend his contract

What makes you think other wise feathered friend

So True .

Greatness does not ever exceed perfection.

Many are great but no one is perfect apart from the one and only Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton who has never failed. Others have failed to live up to his extraordinary expectations

Bennett passed on the great Matty Ballin . He did not think much of him
DEs turned him into a Premiership winning player and a Manly Legend
Teams are balanced. Ballin was a champion but he excelled at manly as they had so many other attacking genuine options
Gifty, foz, lyon and brett stewart were absolute champions in there positions and amongst the most creative players in the league. Then dce had natural flair, indvidualism and speed to compliment them so mattys job was just to ensure these guys got all the ball always.

His service, defence , durability and being a top bloke just made him such an integral part of the side

His pace, well thats another story

Teams are balanced. Ballin was a champion but he excelled at manly as they had so many other attacking genuine options
Gifty, foz, lyon and brett stewart were absolute champions in there positions and amongst the most creative players in the league. Then dce had natural flair, indvidualism and speed to compliment them so mattys job was just to ensure these guys got all the ball always.

His service, defence , durability and being a top bloke just made him such an integral part of the side

His pace, well thats another story
You are right . Manly did have many other attacking options as all top 4 clubs do and Bennetts Broncos was one of them .
But Bennet was not the one who saw value in keeping Ballin

DEs had plenty of passengers on the bus on the way to premiership glory last season
Some are in this seasons squad
Time to pull their finger out
No sentiment in Professional sport
It is all success driven
No failures last for a long time in any field
Agree with most of that, last year was disappointing, and many of our big name players had really disappointing seasons. No doubt about it.

Who would have ever thought DES would smile and wave at AFB leaving at the end of 2020.

I think there might be a message in there about performance and attitude.

Agree with most of that, last year was disappointing, and many of our big name players had really disappointing seasons. No doubt about it.

Who would have ever thought DES would smile and wave at AFB leaving at the end of 2020.

I think there might be a message in there about performance and attitude.
I saw it this way ...

No smiles about losing AFB as his passion and commitment on the field was second to none and was our most destructive and feared froward

It was clear to me that the team was dragged down to the mediocre level of the incompetent replacements that filled in for our star players

It was evident we lacked quality depth players to support our star players and that was the death of us in 2020

Des has hardly ever “ shown flexibility “ and I dunno why this would be the year he starts to!!

You are right . Manly did have many other attacking options as all top 4 clubs do and Bennetts Broncos was one of them .
But Bennet was not the one who saw value in keeping Ballin

Im sure every coach has gambles on players that end good and bad . The dragons wanted brett stewie but not glen so we got both. I dont think glen gets the press he should even though he is much loved. He was a real champion. He was a natural leader . We could do with some of the stuff gifty was made out of right now, as its sadly lacking. As could most teams. He was so tough mentally and had timing both in attack but especially defence.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8