Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
With less than 4 weeks till the first trial and all the combination work that i'm sure has been done it's really getting too late to bring in Hocko or Carney as the starting 5/8.
Maybe Hocko will be brought in solely as insurance after the salary cap witch hunt has concluded.
If the young guys don't work out maybe Carney may be brought in later for the rest of '18 and '19 to let them keep growing.

I'm good with all that and hope Croker shines.

Reported on fox sports that we are not confident we can fit Hodko in our cap this year. Apparently we crunched the numbers this week with all things considered and not looking good.
Seems to me we are preparing as if we will go into 2018 with reduced cap as punishment from the NRL.
Can still go either way but if we do miss Hodko this will open the door for a hungry Cocker or Hastings. Both these guys will do the job
Maybe a tactic to get the knight to reduce the cost to us of taking Hodkinson off their hands

$400k is too much for him Probably $200k and Knights can pay the remaining $600k

They are still $200k better off than paying his full $800k for next year which is what will happen if we don't take him off the knights

Really, why would Hodko bother... He gets $800K by sitting on his ring, and having a run in the reggies. Why would he risk that, knowing he will only get one year out of Manly, then back on the market at $3-400K maybe, hoping to get a bite?

It’s not even conversation
If he stays at knights it’s in reserves
At Manly he fights with the young guns - who I prefer....it’s like he is some gun player how they are carrying on....let’s get real.

Really, why would Hodko bother... He gets $800K by sitting on his ring, and having a run in the reggies. Why would he risk that, knowing he will only get one year out of Manly, then back on the market at $3-400K maybe, hoping to get a bite?
1. He would rather play FG than reserve grade
2. Last year of his contract at the Knights...he is a better of chance of continuing his career post 2018and earning an new contract coming off a season of FG as opposed to languishing as an unknown in NSW Cup.

Jimmy Smith on the BSB this morning mentioned he is likely to come to us.

"Trent Hodkinson is on their radar very strongly" @ThatJimmySmith says once Manly have their salary cap issues sorted the Knights halfback is likely headed to @SeaEagles

Jimmy Smith on the BSB this morning mentioned he is likely to come to us.

"Trent Hodkinson is on their radar very strongly" @ThatJimmySmith says once Manly have their salary cap issues sorted the Knights halfback is likely headed to @SeaEagles
I still recall a report on Channel Ten that Manly had signed Mitchell Pearce. You can't believe the 'media' these days who should be dubbed the 'make-ups'.

It is not a reduced cap as a penalty it is they are not accepting some of our tpa's as legitimate so they are being included in the cap.
That's certainly an interesting take on the situation . No doubt with Cullen [ officially ] leaving and with the prior dubious N R L breach notice situation of still a little more cap money remaining , another half for at least insurance purposes has been the preferred option . And that again naturally leaves Hodko at this stage as the last man [ half ] standing so to speak to add to the ranks . As long as he can stand up reasonably well for helpful playing duties if he is finally signed up for the Sea Eagles .

Maybe Carney would sign a league min. $100k contract to just play league this season? The problem with Hodko, is it's an existing large contract, reliant upon Knights to pay a huge chunk (and we'd likely have to pay 200k-300k imo. ).

Given Moylan will be 6, what do they plan to do with Chad Townsend should Hodkinson go there?

They are price driving. Arko used to do it, and do it well. Fortunately The Sharks are dumb, and don't have the cerebral know how to get it done the same.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8