Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
Should Green go to Warriors (and we don't get Moylan), we could do worse than Hodkinson as plan B.

Pros
- goal kicker
- good general kicking game
- good defender
- organising half (like Green)
- experienced
- played behind beaten pack for two years (would improve at Manly)
- ex Manly
- might be available if new Knights recruit Watson plays in halves.

Cons
- slow
- injury prone
- not known for try assists (which half would be at knights?)
- at times inconsistent

Of course, all depends on price. I wouldn't pay any more for him than Green (300k) and don't see huge difference between the two in general play (Trent's goal kicking makes him more valuable for us).

Would prefer a top half (Moylan) or Hastings (with T Wright as back-up), but if we want a lower-cost journeyman half to replace Green, Trent worth a thought

I have watched quite a few knights matches this year.

His knee is gone mate. He's not slow. We could run faster.

Agree would be a massive downgrade.

apparently the eagles have told Hastings he can look elsewhere in 2018 - not due to attitude, due to salary cap. This year roosters were paying a chunk but next year Manly are looking for additional funds.

Plus is that he's also a decent bloke off the field, doing a lot for charity etc.

But reality is that injuries have impacted him badly and I don't think he would be a good option besides being back up.

Always had a soft spot for him though as he did a decent job for us before we ended up going with DCE over him.

Have to remember he's the only NSW no.7 to win an origin series in the last decade plus.....

A big NO from me.

IF we bought Hodko his goal kicking would be irrelevant as we wouldn't score any tries with his attack.

I'm happy to let go of Green even if we don't get Moylan and promote Hastings/Cullen into the side.

Hastings would be the best goal kicker we have in our club.

To be fair he wasnt offered a contract if i recall corectly.. His job was to bridge the gap between ox and dce, which he did well...
It's not that he wasn't offered a contrct by Manly, it's just that the Dogs offered around $275, 000 for him and we weren't prepared to go near that.

Maitland Pickers have been told that Trent Hodkinson will be playing for them as I he will not make the Knights NSW Cup team at the moment.
He was limping at training yesterday and can hardly run. Why would Manly want him.
Seems like the club went cold on Hodkinson due to the extent of his injuries. I would guess that Carney is the first choice but the club will have to wait and see if the NRL will clear him to play with us.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8