Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As a player Hodkinson is better than green in some aspects Bozo for sure . What worries me is that his knees under stress week in week out is the concern . I for the life of me cannot see him getting through a full season . I have no cartilage in my left knee due to cricket over the years and can hardly walk some days ( bone on bone ) Age aside he'll struggle mate . Other options is obviously Hastings and Croker , but also maybe Api to 7 Dce 6 and Fanaui (spelling ) to 9 is another option . Throw in Cust to the mix . All is good .
I understand your concern but he has been assessed by our medical team .

After what the NRL and Newcastle did to us with the Pearce negotiations debacle, us saving the Knights $400K on their cap for Hodko next year would be akin to losing the girl of your dreams to your best mate, then have him ring you up to ask would you do him a favour and take her little sister to the mall for an hour.:confused:

$200K for Hodko = fair.
The nrl may even sentence manly to sign hokko as punishment because it will save the knights some cap money.

We just need to get him some studs for these!!
View attachment 7258

Those things can be murder.

I didn't like it when Hodko left...sorta felt like he took the money and scampered but if we get him back, so be it and I'll be cheering him on.

I never thought Green was such a mercenary though. If snake was right and Green wasn't turning up to training and basically sooking until we let him go...then he can get.... stuffed and nicked!

So there.

I would actually be prepared to cut Hodko a bit of slack when he signed with the Dogs from Manly in 2010 . From memory he did delay signing and allowed Manly to try and get close to the Dogs offer and i am sure that Manly with their cap situation at the time certainly tried to be competitive with their final offer . The downside definitely was that it did seem to affect his Manly form during those weeks of negotiations . Anyway the next season D C E has a break out year with Australian rep selection and doubt that Hodko would have managed this success if he did stay at the Sea Eagles and D C E was not recruited . Hodko Mark Two at Manly this season ? , again if it eventuates hopefully he has still got something worthwhile to offer to compliment our existing half's roster .

I would actually be prepared to cut Hodko a bit of slack when he signed with the Dogs from Manly in 2010 . From memory he did delay signing and allowed Manly to try and get close to the Dogs offer and i am sure that Manly with their cap situation at the time certainly tried to be competitive with their final offer . The downside definitely was that it did seem to affect his Manly form during those weeks of negotiations . Anyway the next season D C E has a break out year with Australian rep selection and doubt that Hodko would have managed this success if he did stay at the Sea Eagles and D C E was not recruited . Hodko Mark Two at Manly this season ? , again if it eventuates hopefully he has still got something worthwhile to offer to compliment our existing half's roster .

Al, a small point but relevant ... DCE wasn't recruited he was already here playing u/20's ..whilst we wanted Hodgko to stay .. DCE was probably a small factor in not going all out to keep him.

Al, a small point but relevant ... DCE wasn't recruited he was already here playing u/20's ..whilst we wanted Hodgko to stay .. DCE was probably a small factor in not going all out to keep him.
More then a fair point and i was a bit out with my time sequence there with D C E being part of the club . However in 2010 D C E spent the year with the Sunshine Coast Manly feeder club and towards the end of the season was probably even pushing Hodko for i st grade selection and after Hodko signed with the Dogs . But again point taken , on further reflection D C E was already part of that 2009 very good Manly 20's side who probably should have won their 20 's title that year. So again and for me to stand corrected , D C E played with Sunny Coast feeder club in 2010 and replaced [ i think that this is an appropriate term ] Hodko in i st grade in season 2011.

Spot on with Woodsie . At the time the club saw the bigger picture with our million dollar man and captain DCE

We definitely wouldn’t be talking to Hoddo, if Hastings & Crocker were up to it & Hoddo definitely wouldn’t be coming to Manly, to play second fiddle to those two. He’s a much better player. I’d be happy with DCE/Hodkinson as our halves pairing.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
We definitely wouldn’t be talking to Hoddo, if Hastings & Crocker were up to it & Hoddo definitely wouldn’t be coming to Manly, to play second fiddle to those two. He’s a much better player. I’d be happy with DCE/Hodkinson as our halves pairing.
The NRL spine is crucial
If we don't secure it
then our top 8 chances are crippled.

Hodkinson was recently snapped on a day out fishing....

d6af333a-622d-4d70-849a-51608b126a9b.jpg

I think Hodkinson is a down grade on Green simply because Green had already grown into the role for a whole season. I also think Green has a better kicking game (particularly short kicks).

Green was underrated last year. I was against his initial signing and the only reason I was pushing for his exit at the end of last season was because I thought Moylan was coming. Moylan is a huge attacking threat. Anything short of a huge attacking threat meant that we'd be better off keeping Green for another year.

Hodkinson won't add any attacking spark and he will probably plays Green's role in an even more no frills manner. It's a backwards move.

Now that Green is gone, we are better off seeing what Hastings and Croker are capable of because Hodkinson is simply going to make up the numbers, whereas a relatively untried rookie could potentially explode and surprise the league...Hodkinson definitely won't do that.

I think Hodkinson is a down grade on Green simply because Green had already grown into the role for a whole season. I also think Green has a better kicking game (particularly short kicks).

Green was underrated last year. I was against his initial signing and the only reason I was pushing for his exit at the end of last season was because I thought Moylan was coming. Moylan is a huge attacking threat. Anything short of a huge attacking threat meant that we'd be better off keeping Green for another year.

Hodkinson won't add any attacking spark and he will probably plays Green's role in an even more no frills manner. It's a backwards move.

Now that Green is gone, we are better off seeing what Hastings and Croker are capable of because Hodkinson is simply going to make up the numbers, whereas a relatively untried rookie could potentially explode and surprise the league...Hodkinson definitely won't do that.
Sorry Snake but green is sht

Sorry Snake but green is sht
Sorry Bozo but that's just your opinion and one that isn't shared by Craig Bellamy, Trent Barrett, our playing group that were sad to see him and go and a club that just forked out 700k for him for the next three years.

He is no world beater and there are certainly better halves in the competition but none that are off contract or looking to move clubs...

Agree, Hodko will do a fair to good job .... but I don't believe it is his to just walk into.

I am convinced Baz would also prefer either Croker or Hastings fire.

For mine the best indication of Baz's intentions will be how much he offers for Hodko..
Under say $250k and he is insurance.
Over say $300k and he is a front runner.

Sorry Bozo but that's just your opinion and one that isn't shared by Craig Bellamy, Trent Barrett, our playing group that were sad to see him and go and a club that just forked out 700k for him for the next three years.

He is no world beater and there are certainly better halves in the competition but none that are off contract or looking to move clubs...
Yes mate , this is what this forum is all about , our opinions
I personally don't have time for slow mediocre defensive turn style players like Green .
Bellamy used green as a cheep option to balance his $alary cap and any one knows that any mediocre 5/8 will do the job behind the spine of Slater, Cronk and Smith.
Barrett had the option to upgrade Green and extend but he showed him the door .
As for the Warriors paying 700k a season for 3 seasons for a 31 year old mediocre player ??? WTF !!!

Yes mate , this is what this forum is all about , our opinions
I personally don't have time for slow mediocre defensive turn style players like Green .
Bellamy used green as a cheep option to balance his $alary cap and any one knows that any mediocre 5/8 will do the job behind the spine of Slater, Cronk and Smith.
Barrett had the option to upgrade Green and extend but he showed him the door .
As for the Warriors paying 700k a season for 3 seasons for a 31 year old mediocre player ??? WTF !!!
I totally agree Green a "middle of the road" 5/8 but, you (and others) keep regurgitating how bad his defence is/was.

He was certainly no worse than any of the blue chip players;
Screenshot 2018-01-10 15.31.19.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8