Hodkinson returns to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
One think about Barrett, he doesn't chop and change the team easily, or regularily, so honestly, I can't see him throwing Hodko straight into the team. We are coming off a win, and as Cameron Smith is out, he may choose to give Hodko a couple of weeks to do some ball work with the team, in preparation for a debut in the Raiders game. It would not surprise.

Baz said this morning in the interview with Loz that if they get him early enough in the week they will have 2 full sessions with hodko and then likely play him on the weekend. Baz expects his style of play to slot into the team comfortably.

I assume the club will announce his signing by 10ish and then expect to see him named at 6 or 18.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don't think he's ever played with DCE.
But did well at Manly in 2010, I was lucky enough to meet him that year and he was quite impressive.
You're right, I thought they'd played together but DCE actually replaced him when Hodko went to the Dogs. I've corrected it now.

Yes, I too was lucky to meet him in 2010 at a player signing at the Leagies and clearly recall Hodko being friendly, polite and a genuine nice guy.

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
You would think this bloke is 80 years old the way way people talk about him. He is in fact 29 and it’s only his 8th season in first grade. And this knee thing seems to almost have a life of its own. Sure he’s had his injuries but he was never a quick player anyway. Effects him a little in defence but you would think he could only play at grounds with disabled toilets the way his body is talked about.

Beautiful pass both sides, good kicking game and best field goal merchant around. Good pickup and can’t see why he couldn’t do a good job next year if our salary cap stops us from chasing the very best. Watch blokes like Walker and Thompson thrive with him and Cherry out there.
two options for field goals in golden point has got to be great benefit. We could win the rest our of games by one point!

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Official from Cronulla:

The Sharks have released Trent Hodkinson, effective immediately, to take up a multi-year offer at another NRL club

l shrks.co/2rMn89l

#UpUpCronulla

Cronulla didn't say which club!

I wonder if it is Manly?

:think::nerd::hi::cool:

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Cherry and Hodkinson never played first grade together at Manly, though I think they did team up in the 20s in 2009.

After Ox left, everyone expected Des to bring up DCE to replace him in 2010. However, Des went with Hodkinson while Cherry was sent to our then Qld Cup affiliate, the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles. Hodkinson opened the year in reserve grade and didn't make his NRL debut until Rd.2 that year as we played Foran and Killer as our halves in the 26-22 loss to the Tigpies at the SFS. That game more remembered as we lost Wolfman for the season after he did his shoulder in the pre-game warm up, then lost Snake with an ACL during the game.

Hodkinson never actually kicked a goal for Manly, nor did he actually attempt a shot at goal. During his rookie season in 2010 our main kicker was Killer while Shane Rodney (15) and Steve Matai (1) did the fill-in goal kicking. He did kick 3 field goals though, two in the 26-25 win over Souffs at Brookie in Rd.15 and one in the 19-16 win over the Warriors, also at Brookie in Rd.24.

Last edited:

court83

Bencher
I'm sure it wasn't a poached by the dogs type situation.
I remember When we signed him cherry was In 20s and I read a few places hodko was only a stop gap between ox and dce.

From what I recall the plan was always to run dce around qld cup for a year or 2 after 20s before giving him the nrl job, the dogs big offer just sped it up by a year as we wernt willing to pay overs knowing dce was on his way in..

Will google it, but I'm 100% even when dce was in his last year of 20s he was touted by everyone as the star 7 in the nxt few seasons

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
poached by the Dogs for big coin. Des wasnt prepared to match so DCE was given the shirt and look what happened...

I remember he came to a MWTS function in Auckland ( the whole team did) , 2010 I think, and the whole contract negotiation thing was happening at that time ( June long weekend from memory) and everyone was asking him to stay but yes it’s all about $$$$ these days.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Probably already been mentioned but how ironic is it Hodko is coming back presumably to partner DCE when all those years back he was moved on to make way for DCE.
I think its a good move considering he would be on peanuts..
Also will be interesting to see if he assumes the goalkicking, I have a feeling DCE will keep kicking unless his percentage nosedives.

expensive peanuts - at Newcastle he was on a lot (reported around 700K), Cronulla picked up a decent chunk of that and we will pick up Cronulla's share, add 1 year (probably at a similar amount). Hearing around 400K per year but you really cannot tell these days.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Probably already been mentioned but how ironic is it Hodko is coming back presumably to partner DCE when all those years back he was moved on to make way for DCE.
I think its a good move considering he would be on peanuts..
Also will be interesting to see if he assumes the goalkicking, I have a feeling DCE will keep kicking unless his percentage nosedives.
Yes I mentioned this previously. Although I don’t think he was ‘moved on’. He chose a bigger contract elsewhere.

Mitch

Bencher
Welcome back, Trent

C4E77C1D-A158-4E31-AB97-13C45C3CCB5F.jpeg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18