Hodkinson returns to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Michael Clare

Reserve Grader
No superstar but neither was Green!

Will go ok, and that’s all we need , plus can kick a goal![/QUOTE
I am very excited by this signing. Trent is exactly what our side needs right now. He is a calm, organised player with a great short passing game similar in style to Blake Green. He kicks goals under pressure and his short kicking game is excellent. Trent has vision and he is not , as some suggest, too old to do the job. The whole knee injury scenario has been overblown in my opinion. He played beautifully earlier in the season for Cronulla when given the opportunity. Watch DCE and Walker bloom in the coming weeks. Welcome home Trent!

Nordburg

First Grader
If nothing else,Hodkinson’s signing puts to rest the Carney to Manly rumour,not sure it was ever a chance anyway

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
View attachment 8379

The most decent bloke in the NRL. We can find a spot for him.
Spot on @ricardo :clap:

Not only does he bring his experience and kicking prowess to us but I'd like to think he's thrilled about coming back to Manly, having played with us earlier in his career and arguably played some of his best footy at Manly. A win-win situation @:)

Last edited:

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Not going for the negative nelly approach but am I the only one who thinks green is the better player out the two? Greens kicking game was invaluable. But overall, although not my first choice I’m happy we have a genuine half on the books now

D

Deleted member 26876

I really don't get this Suli to the wing thing? He would be better on the bench, given his age, and past troubles. He is so young, he can cover a lot of positions, what an awesome pick up! We should lock this kid up, he is a real footballer.
Yeah, either that or he stay in centres so long he keeps up this form. Kelly looks like a player who'd be pretty versatile although then that creates a mess when Taufua comes back so possibly bench for suli would be best. But then again he has been really good, Hodko to bench other (less favourable) option with Walker retaining 6.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Spot on @ricardo :clap:

Not only does he bring his experience and kicking prowess to us but I'd like to think he's thrilled about coming back to Manly, having played with us (and DCE) earlier in his career and arguably played some of his best footy at Manly. A win-win situation @:)
I don't think he's ever played with DCE.
But did well at Manly in 2010, I was lucky enough to meet him that year and he was quite impressive.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Not going for the negative nelly approach but am I the only one who thinks green is the better player out the two? Greens kicking game was invaluable. But overall, although not my first choice I’m happy we have a genuine half on the books now

A player who is having a sook that they weren't released to take up a bigger money longer term deal wouldn't play better than someone who wants to be here.

Bencher
One think about Barrett, he doesn't chop and change the team easily, or regularily, so honestly, I can't see him throwing Hodko straight into the team. We are coming off a win, and as Cameron Smith is out, he may choose to give Hodko a couple of weeks to do some ball work with the team, in preparation for a debut in the Raiders game. It would not surprise.

eagerbeaver

Reserve Grader
Probably already been mentioned but how ironic is it Hodko is coming back presumably to partner DCE when all those years back he was moved on to make way for DCE.
I think its a good move considering he would be on peanuts..
Also will be interesting to see if he assumes the goalkicking, I have a feeling DCE will keep kicking unless his percentage nosedives.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Hodgko has played well when given opportunity and is a sound organiser.
I seen him get burnt badly by Dufty a few weeks ago, but his speed has never been his strength, but head on defence in tight is rugged and willing.
Kicking game handy and an area we lack he has in spades - "taking the ball to the line".... and bringing players with him in attack.
Another key area is his yap - which has improved the past 2 weeks at Manly, but he naturally does this better than anyone in the current lineup.
An astute signing imo.

Pretty much every player in the comp has been badly burned by Dufty this year. He's been on fire.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Probably already been mentioned but how ironic is it Hodko is coming back presumably to partner DCE when all those years back he was moved on to make way for DCE.
I think its a good move considering he would be on peanuts..
Also will be interesting to see if he assumes the goalkicking, I have a feeling DCE will keep kicking unless his percentage nosedives.
He wasn't moved on, he was poached.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16