Hodkinson returns to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
You can see why people thought the Cowboys would be gunning it this year. They made the prelims with Scott and Thurston out injured and had signed Jordan Maclean as well. Who'd have thought that Thurston would struggle without the rest of his team playing well. When Manly plays poorly on the other hand, it's all Daly's fault.

Yeah people got caught up in the false reality of their 3 week run late last year

What people forget is that if the Dragons won in Rd 26 last year the Cowboys wouldn't have even made finals at all

Bencher
Haha already at the club, wearing Manly gear, being interviewed in Manly gear and the club still hasnt announced his signing.

What is our aversion to announcing signings that play in the halves. :)

Maybe it's a channel 7 exclussive. I think we have enough evidence to be confident this has happened, unless Hodko was at Cronulla training, and borrowed the reporters training gear.

Bencher
https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2018/05/15/sea-eagles-sign-trent-hodkinson/

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are pleased to announce the signing of experienced half Trent Hodkinson, effective immediately.

Hodkinson, 29, has signed for the remainder of this season and for 2019.

His move to Narrabeen from Cronulla Sharks marks a return home to the Sea Eagles with Hodkinson making his NRL debut for Manly in 2010, playing 24 games that season.

Since then, Hodkinson has played 160 NRL matches with stints at Canterbury, Newcastle, and Cronulla.

Sea Eagles Coach Trent Barret said Hodkinson brings plenty to the team.

"Trent's experience and game management will be of enormous value to us,'' Barrett said.

"As a person, Trent is also highly respected for the wonderful amount of work he does in the community, so he will bring plenty to the Club on and off the field. This is a great signing for Manly."

He has also represented NSW on six occasions.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Confirmed just got email from club
Same.

Now waiting for all of the media outlets to retract earlier pieces about how we are unable to sign anyone due to our perilous cap position...

giphy.gif

Sue

Bencher
Yeah people got caught up in the false reality of their 3 week run late last year

What people forget is that if the Dragons won in Rd 26 last year the Cowboys wouldn't have even made finals at all
Yep Kiwi. My thoughts as well. And as well as that they have an average age of 29.5 which is verging on ridiculous. Had a good bet on them missing the eight which looks safe ... but I can stop a train on the punt so no doubt they’ll win their last 10 games

Bencher
Yes, he looked very happy in the video, big smile on his face, and showed a lot of respect for Manly. I guess because this all happened so quickly, Hodko may get a start against Melbourne. Today was his first session with the team, and he didn't look that flustered in the interview, so hopefully he is ready to get on with it.

Of course the next problem is, what to do with Suli? Kelly? M Wright? Paseka replacement?

Hodkinson, 29, has signed an 18-month contract that will keep him at the Sea Eagles through to the end of 2019.

The former NSW halfback has 160 NRL matches to his name and will be available for Saturday's game against the Melbourne Storm.

OneEyedEagle

Bencher
I have mixed feelings about this. After all the dog did leave us to go to the mutts. Seriously, if your ex-wife left you, would you really want her back???? That's exactly how I feel about Dogkinson.

I do realise however what experience he will bring and I am sure he will become part of the leadership group guiding our up and coming players.

Tomay

Bencher
Fantastic signing, this squad needs experience. Doesn't have to do anything flash, just not stuff things up.

Bencher
I have mixed feelings about this. After all the dog did leave us to go to the mutts. Seriously, if your ex-wife left you, would you really want her back???? That's exactly how I feel about Dogkinson.

I do realise however what experience he will bring and I am sure he will become part of the leadership group guiding our up and coming players.

Last week we had one half, this week we have two halves, makes the glass half full, rather than half empty, no?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18