Hayne Killing it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What about Darren Sproles? You don't need to be Hayne size to return kicks. I was at the Chargers Colts game a while back were Peyton through 6 picks and Sproles returned the kick off for a TD. Good times!

No doubt Rugby League has given him the skills he's showing regardless of the position he's playing for the 49ers! And I agree that some of the best ball runners in the NRL like RTS have all the right skills and ability to play in the NFL BUT the NFL is not just about ability, it's such a mentally challenging game too! Learning and knowing every play, step for step, in that massive playbook like the back of your hand is an extraordinary feat in itself!
Hayne adapting physical areas of his game like getting lower and trusting in his helmet when running the ball have definetly been challenges for Hayne, but his ability and will to quickly learn, adapt and build on a skill or technique with his determination to execute it perfectly and not make the same mistake twice, I believe has been the least of his challenges!
Haynes biggest challenge is the playbook and even though players like RTS could make it based on their skills alone, studying and learning the playbook so quickly is what will set Hayne apart from the rest currently playing NRL who have an aspiration to play NFL after seeing how successful Hayne has been at making the transition.
Kids in the U.S. are born and bred into this game yet only 1% make careers in the NFL! Hayne is a freak and it would take someone in the NRL with his mental and physical attributes to also 'make it' in the NFL

I've been a fan of the NFL for many years following the Cowboys but I know I've definitely caught Haynemania and are proudly sitting on the Hayne Plane bandwagon! LOL So much so I was cheering on the 49ers against my own team! :)
It's taken balls to walk away from big guaranteed money In the NRL to follow his dream and his desire to challenge himself! So Good Luck Hayne! I hope you kill it over there! You're already making Aussie proud!! :)

Last edited:
No doubt Rugby League has given him the skills he's showing regardless of the position he's playing for the 49ers! And I agree that some of the best ball runners in the NRL like RTS have all the right skills and ability to play in the NFL BUT the NFL is not just about ability, it's such a mentally challenging game too! Learning and knowing every play, step for step, in that massive playbook like the back of your hand is an extraordinary feat in itself!
Hayne adapting physical areas of his game like getting lower and trusting in his helmet when running the ball have definetly been challenges for Hayne, but his ability and will to quickly learn, adapt and build on a skill or technique with his determination to execute it perfectly and not make the same mistake twice, I believe has been the least of his challenges!
Haynes biggest challenge is the playbook and even though players like RTS could make it based on their skills alone, studying and learning the playbook so quickly is what will set Hayne apart from the rest currently playing NRL who have an aspiration to play NFL after seeing how successful Hayne has been at making the transition.
Kids in the U.S. are born and bred into this game yet only 1% make careers in the NFL! Hayne is a freak and it would take someone in the NRL with his mental and physical attributes to also 'make it' in the NFL

I've been a fan of the NFL for many years following the Cowboys but I know I've definitely caught Haynemania and are proudly sitting on the Hayne Plane bandwagon! LOL So much so I was cheering on the 49ers against my own team! :)
It's taken balls to walk away from big guaranteed money In the NRL to follow his dream and his desire to challenge himself! So Good Luck Hayne! I hope you kill it over there! You're already making Aussie proud!! :)
He'll be a punt returner if he makes it. He doesn't have to memorise the same amount of plays as a QB.

Is his last game today? I think they announce 53 man rosters this weekend so I may have to abandon this account in 48 hours...

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Exactly. I think it's one paragraph in the play book. Catch the ball, run as far back towards the opposition end zone as you can without dropping it. Repeat.

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
He'll be a punt returner if he makes it. He doesn't have to memorise the same amount of plays as a QB.

Is his last game today? I think they announce 53 man rosters this weekend so I may have to abandon this account in 48 hours...

Think the last game is tomorrow, and farewell...make the last 24 hours count.

Can he be a punt returner, and play another position as well? He'd be an awesome wide receiver in my opinion.

Can he be a punt returner, and play another position as well? He'd be an awesome wide receiver in my opinion.
Hmmm no. I'd say it's too late to learn that. To be a good receiver isn't just about speed you need to be able to catch in traffic, take hits in the air and read the defence (which is the hardest bit). You literally need to be able to read your defenders eyes to see if they are going to say play you or blitz or whatever.

Ok last preseason game is on now. I reckon he is still 50-50 to make the cut. He's way down on the RB depth chart and losing his grip on returns.

Actually I bet they'll make a big song and dance about how great his journey was then cut him. THERE IT IS! THE MAVIN/DCE DOUBLE DOWN!!!

lol 4th quarter of the 4th pre season game is like 6th string D. SD first D unit is terrible against the run so these guys are like... worse than that.

Coaches usage of him makes his status confusing.

Can Hayne now be poached by a better, richer club / Franchise? If the 49ers field is crap, dangerous, if the club is generally unsuccessful, then would JH do well to keep his options open ? or is it too late? U NFL experts can answer.

Dont think there will be Mass Exodus, but even if there is a Mini Exodus, then this NRL Administration deserve everything they get.
Toddy and Dave are too blind to see it coming, to stupid to do anything to counteract it, and to up-themselves to realise they have contributed to any exodus of ANY size. :finger:

The niners have the first option effectively.

He is trying to make their squad.

My understanding (and I am not an expert even though I do and have watched the game for about 25 years) is that if he doesn't make the 53 cut and he is put on waivers or the practice squad he can be picked up by any other NFL club.

Others of more understanding may be of assistance here.

I for one didn't think he'd make the cut and thought he'd end up on a lower team's practice squad something like the Detroit Lions, but am happy to be proven wrong.

But to my inexperienced eye he looks like he might make it and good on him. the niners are my first team and the Kansas City Chiefs are my second team. So I guess I'll be cheering him if he makes the cut in a few weeks. Either way good on him for having a go.

Been great watching him over there. That shoulder bump was awesome on the cb in the Chargers game.Theyre going nuts on the 49ers forum too. He has to make the cut . Not just because of his abilities but also the marketing he gives to not only to the 49ers but the entire NFL. Honestly I don't think other nrl players could cut it. The dedication Hayne is showing for his 'dream' is phenomenal. Apparently he's the first and last to leave training then goes home and studies playbooks and the bible, 24-7.
Ps good to see another Dallas fan on here Bird Up!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6