Hayne Killing it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My only experience with American football is watching all five seasons of Friday Night Lights.
Good show. Can someone explain to me if making the 53 in the NFL is equivalent to making a squad of 25 for NRL or do they cut if further? It's a lot of team members to get premiership rings made for, plus coaches and management.
Are there reserves for the 53 or does the 53 contain the backup players?

My only experience with American football is watching all five seasons of Friday Night Lights.
Good show. Can someone explain to me if making the 53 in the NFL is equivalent to making a squad of 25 for NRL or do they cut if further? It's a lot of team members to get premiership rings made for, plus coaches and management.
Are there reserves for the 53 or does the 53 contain the backup players?
53 is it. The reason it's so big is because you have seperate offence and defence plus a special teams unit (for kick offs, punts and field goals plus defending those) then a few key positional back ups. You also have coaches and assistants for offence and defence and so on and then within that positional coaches. They are all on the roster and if you cut a player on your roster there is a cap hit. On top of that they have a practice squad which is like ten or twelve guys and they make 80k and can be released at any time. Other teams can also claim guys on your practice squad and if they do you can either promote them to the roster to negate the claim or they go.

Teams are big billion dollar industries. It's a HUGE business. The commissioner last year was paid USD40M. That is probably the sole reason why David Smith is interested in the NFL business model.

I may be unique but I actually don't give a flying f**k what Hayne is doing in the U.S....actually I haven't met anybody who does......strange really, gridiron must be really big in areas around the country I haven't been to....or maybe it's a less than subtle quest for approval from overseas by the sycophantic media......no surely not.

Last edited:
I may be unique but I actually don't give a flying f**k what Hayne is doing in the U.S....actually I haven't met anybody who does......strange really, gridiron must be really big in areas around the country I haven't been to....or maybe it's a less than subtle quest for approval from overseas by the sycophantic media......no surely not.
I think the media aren't giving our NRL players enough credit. I'd totally expect rugby leagues best fullbacks to be able to go to the NFL and be able to field punts. Positional play on offence no - and Hayne hasn't shown much as an RB. He'd probably get lit up quite badly in a real game running how he does but just returning kicks - if you can do that well in the NRL that in and of itself is a transferable skill.

I think the media aren't giving our NRL players enough credit. I'd totally expect rugby leagues best fullbacks to be able to go to the NFL and be able to field punts. Positional play on offence no - and Hayne hasn't shown much as an RB. He'd probably get lit up quite badly in a real game running how he does but just returning kicks - if you can do that well in the NRL that in and of itself is a transferable skill.
Most RBs get lit up from time to time

Hayne if he gets picked where he is will have a tough time

2 or 3 ahead of him at rb and the o line is awful

I prefer him in the US than at the rorters. We missed him in origin. I wonder if the media will be as interested when JWH quits league for the American Ballet Theatre.:p Actually, that would be quite entertaining viewing.

Most RBs get lit up from time to time

Hayne if he gets picked where he is will have a tough time

2 or 3 ahead of him at rb and the o line is awful
Yeah the whole team is terrible. Which actually works in his favour. Well apart from the games against Seattle.

I was talking to a mate who has a lot to do with the 49ers and Hayne is absolutely going to make opening day roster its a done deal for big dollars in sponsorship and to woo OZ viewers. He said that Hayne has already been told as much and that Parra boys are planning a trip to San fran at end of season. He didnt say much else because his hard drive crashed at that point.

Darren Bennett was the AFL player who went to the NFL in the 90s and went amazingly well. I remember him pulling off a great tackle one time after he kicked the ball down field and then the guy who caught it ran right through the defence but could not get past Bennett. He was that good that he was a member of the 1990s NFL team of the decade.
Met him in Sydney when they played a pre-season exhibition match, was the smallest bloke on the team at 6,1 and about 90 kgs.

His old High School coach on Nein recounted Jarryd's first attempt at hurdles.'He messed up the first, improved on the second and by the 10th hurdle he had won the race and went onto win the Nationals'
Freak of nature - loved watching him float on the footy field :clap:

Rico:

Starting around the turn of the century, Denver transformed from Indianapolis at the base of the rocky mountains to one of the most educated, cultured, liberal, healthy, young and vibrant mid-sized cities in the country. It is Seattle with more sunshine, a more attractive and less insufferable population (at least for now). It is Portland with actual employment opportunities. It is San Diego with the mountains instead of the beach and fewer MMA fighters beating the **** out of their significant others.

This is the new Denver. But not on Sundays in the Fall and Winter. Not at any bar or restaurant on game day. Certainly not at the tailgate or Mile High Stadium where Denver reverts to 1987. Being at Mile High on an NFL Sunday is essentially the same thing as being at a Nebraska Cornhuskers game, except the fat, white trash bodies are clad in orange and blue starter jackets rather than red and white.

When it comes to actual football - there is ZERO hype for this upcoming season. We have accepted our fate. Peyton will throw 40 TDs during the first 10 weeks and we will roll to an 8-2 start. Then his arm will fall off and we will limp in to the playoffs at 12-4, while miraculously pulling two late-season games out of our ass. We will probably secure the 2 seed, get a bye and then get skull-****ed in round 2, just when we somehow convinced ourselves that we will get to the Super Bowl. We will all drive home drunker than Ty Lawson and the entire state will be in deep depression until May, when we finally crawl outside to drink craft beer and act like we don’t give a **** about football.

Yep Rico that's Denver

We bought a QB about 4 years past his use by date

We should've just dug up Kurt Warner's corpse and paid it a couple mil a year and called it a day

Rico:

Starting around the turn of the century, Denver transformed from Indianapolis at the base of the rocky mountains to one of the most educated, cultured, liberal, healthy, young and vibrant mid-sized cities in the country. It is Seattle with more sunshine, a more attractive and less insufferable population (at least for now). It is Portland with actual employment opportunities. It is San Diego with the mountains instead of the beach and fewer MMA fighters beating the **** out of their significant others.

This is the new Denver. But not on Sundays in the Fall and Winter. Not at any bar or restaurant on game day. Certainly not at the tailgate or Mile High Stadium where Denver reverts to 1987. Being at Mile High on an NFL Sunday is essentially the same thing as being at a Nebraska Cornhuskers game, except the fat, white trash bodies are clad in orange and blue starter jackets rather than red and white.

When it comes to actual football - there is ZERO hype for this upcoming season. We have accepted our fate. Peyton will throw 40 TDs during the first 10 weeks and we will roll to an 8-2 start. Then his arm will fall off and we will limp in to the playoffs at 12-4, while miraculously pulling two late-season games out of our ass. We will probably secure the 2 seed, get a bye and then get skull-****ed in round 2, just when we somehow convinced ourselves that we will get to the Super Bowl. We will all drive home drunker than Ty Lawson and the entire state will be in deep depression until May, when we finally crawl outside to drink craft beer and act like we don’t give a **** about football.

Yep Rico that's Denver

We should've just dug up Kurt Warner's corpse and paid it a couple mil a year and called it a day
I was totally unaware that he can't feel his fingers in one hand. That's like, not really good.

Rico:

Yep Rico that's Denver

Any chance yo' a Denver fan?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8