Hayne Killing it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
they gave him 30 seconds in the final game so they could retain him for next season
thats what the media reported when they sacked the coach,hayne given 30 seconds to lock him in to 49ers,noone else can snatch him now:)not optomistic just what was reported

I guess the smokey with Jennings is that he's being punted to make way for Hayne.

And based on what Hayne showed this year, there is no reason to keep him on the roster next year.

I lol'd.....but it's not Barrett's fault what happened to Tooves. Barrett is probably a very good coach. Blame Penn and ZtH, not Trent Barrett. Tooves would have still been shafted if Barrett wasn't available. Someone else would have gotten the job. Tooves' fate was sealed the minute the Penns got their majority share ownership.
I don't like him as a person,i think he's a pathetic petty little bitch tbh,that is my singular personal contact with the man,he's a bitch because he didn't slap back

But coming ninff with the riff and their under 20s,given the junior nursery is gobsmackingly bad

But I agree he didn't cause the knifing,the only good outcome of us failing this year if any would be our pathetically political owners would look stupid

But back on topic i see so many parallels between us and the niners this year

Owner hates good coach, fires him after making the superbowl/gf and only missing the playoffs/semis once during his tenure

Lots of good players leave, replaced by journeymen and mercenaries,with some fanfare

The niners fans at least seen it coming

All we need is to sign a soccer superstar and have him light up the nines/trials but dropping back to reserve grade throughout the season while he learns the game

I lol'd.....but it's not Barrett's fault what happened to Tooves. Barrett is probably a very good coach. Blame Penn and ZtH, not Trent Barrett. Tooves would have still been shafted if Barrett wasn't available. Someone else would have gotten the job. Tooves' fate was sealed the minute the Penns got their majority share ownership.

Totally agree with you Bones. I'm angry with what the Penns did to Toovey, not because they replaced him, but because of the way they did it. Barrett deserves his chance and I also have no problem with him coaching Manly. Someone was going to do it, and if he is successful, I'll be saying, at least they got someone worthy to replace our great 2V

Yawwwwnnnnn nothing better than the whole "you need to score" argument.

You do realise scoring points,runs,tries,goals etc etc are just numbers ticking over and everything else that happens in between matters more.

So I assume that you would both the thoroughly entertained with regular nil all scorelines in Rugby League then? I get it that low scoring games can be entertaining, just like our 4-0 loss to the Chooks in the semi final in 2013, but seriously, 9 times out of 10 drawn games in any sport are mostly a yawn.

So I assume that you would both the thoroughly entertained with regular nil all scorelines in Rugby League then? I get it that low scoring games can be entertaining, just like our 4-0 loss to the Chooks in the semi final in 2013, but seriously, 9 times out of 10 drawn games in any sport are mostly a yawn.
A draw is as good as a win in many respects to most fans of the game, in the end it comes down to the quality of the game to create a draw is what matters.

If Rugby League goes down the route of overly speeding up the game combined with eventually going down to 6 interchanges for double the speed impact, Rugby Leagues cricket scores will make it the most boring game to watch as there is no value or effort behind the points scored.

Thurston should do alright in that environment catering to his show and goes and more opportunities to publicly display his generosity donating mouth-guards, kicking tees and head gear to further his chances of becoming an immortal.

A draw is as good as a win in many respects to most fans of the game, in the end it comes down to the quality of the game to create a draw is what matters.

If Rugby League goes down the route of overly speeding up the game combined with eventually going down to 6 interchanges for double the speed impact, Rugby Leagues cricket scores will make it the most boring game to watch as there is no value or effort behind the points scored.

Thurston should do alright in that environment catering to his show and goes and more opportunities to publicly display his generosity donating mouth-guards, kicking tees and head gear to further his chances of becoming an immortal.
In the eyes of the recipients he probably is already an immortal. And isn't that reaction from little kids more important than the labels bestowed with great fanfare by adults?

In the eyes of the recipients he probably is already an immortal. And isn't that reaction from little kids more important than the labels bestowed with great fanfare by adults?
I don't trust people who overly showcase or advertise their good sides to help promote a good image of themselves---just saying.

I will say this for Hayne.....most Aussies who play in the NFL end up as punters which is why they sometimes pick up aging Aussie rules players who are generally looking for a retirement payday. As a punter in the NFL they could play for another ten years past what they can in the AFL and earn more money doing it than they ever could get here in Australia. But Hayne went in as a punt returner or running back which is a very different skill set all together.

For someone who had never played American football before, he didn't do too badly really. Not many expected him to make an NFL roster, but he did. Ok, his time on the roster was short, the team sucked and the coach made Peter Sharp look good, but its more than most thought he would achieve.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
Tomorrow 6am EST
Will Hayne be a Rooster??
Will Cordner be a Eagle???
Could it pivot on this????

Announcement from 49ers coach on his new game plan, after sacking 10 staff already.

Last edited:
I can think of at least four or five draws Manly were involved in that were absolute crackers of games - vs Newtown at Henson in 1981: Manly came from about 11-2 down to pull off a remarkable draw. And I was threatened (at fulltime) with some time in the 'slots' courtesy of a very imposing police officer (very quietly under his breath - this was the post-Summary Offences Act era after all), if I didn't curb my exuberance (at the players' race) at Newtown blowing their big lead.
- vs St George at Kogarah in 1980 - 20 all or somesuch.
- vs Parramatta at Cumberland in 1980 - 22 all.
- vs Parramatta at Cumberland in 1981 (the last match played there) - 19 all.
- vs Brisbane at Brookvale in 1999 - another come from behind effort by Manly (can't remember the final score, about 24 all?)
Honourable mention - vs Easts at the SCG in 1979 - 12 all. Not as good as some of the others, but it still had its moments when the likes of Russel Gartner almost scored out wide on several occasions.

Just saw this in a foxsports story on the 49er's new coach:

"NFL rules ban coaches from talking about football to players before April 4"

Anyone know what that means/why that is a rule?

Tomorrow 6am EST
Will Hayne be a Rooster??
Will Cordner be a Eagle???
Could it pivot on this????

Announcement from 49ers coach on his new game plan, after sacking 10 staff already.
If Chip Kelly proved anything at Philly, it's that he's capable of anything. Like dumping Hayne but signing someone worse from league.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4