Hayne Killing it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hayne will make it. The 49ers are building a whole Aussie back end deal, Channel 7 live games, Merchandising,
Hayne will know he belong s when he scores that first Touchdown And HE WILL. They wanna sell their game to us - they cant help themselves Yanks have always been imperialists.
They could make some coin on the TV - West coast games are usually early arvo on Monday - just when Parra fans on the dole are waking up to start the week!

Just reading foxsports website and found it interesting that Politis is actively keeping his eye on how things eventuate with Hayne over there and how he wants Hayne at the rorters,and part the wayne down I read this paragraph that almost made me choke "On top of a healthy salary, the Moore Park based club will be able to provide lucrative third party sponsorship deals. The Roosters may also qualify for assistance from NRL boss Dave Smith and his discretionary war chest." assistance from the NRL,are you serious.How much of an unfair advantage is that.The club that can almost field 2 first grade teams.Gee this club wants to be Number1 at all costs,and stay there,even if it means destroying the rest of the league.With this club,they want to make history for being the most successful club,with the main ingredient being greed

That so called war chest shouldn't be to provide assistance to a club which has the ability to attract the big names, it should be there to help clubs struggling to make big signings to attract members, improve their profile etc. But what would the NRL know about fairness right?

The war chest shouldn't be allowed if Hayne gets cut because what the **** else is he gonna do other than come back to league? They aren't trying to coax him out of another sport. If he makes it he stays and it's the end of the conversation but if he doesn't he'll be back here.

The war chest in general is a stupid concept. It's trying to throw money at something to make it better. Someone wants to leave the NRL to go play whatever and their solution is to throw money at them until they say OK I'll stay. Basically they're saying the product they have is **** without this piece. Like there aren't enough other people who could step up to stardom. Total joke.

I know its not Manly related but its good to see Hayne have an awesome NFL debut. Showcasing the best of NRL on the big stage. Did some cracking runs, bumping and stepping his way through, and showing good speed. He's definitely a world class athlete, leaves GI for dead!

You can't be serious. He left because he reckons he has done everything in the Game.

I don't see any premiership rings on his fingers

The war chest in general is a stupid concept. It's trying to throw money at something to make it better. Someone wants to leave the NRL to go play whatever and their solution is to throw money at them until they say OK I'll stay. Basically they're saying the product they have is **** without this piece. Like there aren't enough other people who could step up to stardom. Total joke.

It's bloody ridiculous!

Will be interesting to see how the 49'ers take advantage of it if he does make the cut. Games are on day time Monday, they are three hours long and can be very boring, the team will be terrible and he'll probably wave off just as many punts as he runs back. Not a friendly game for the casual viewer...

That so called war chest shouldn't be to provide assistance to a club which has the ability to attract the big names, it should be there to help clubs struggling to make big signings to attract members, improve their profile etc. But what would the NRL know about fairness right?
I could never imagine the nrl helping the Raiders like this. They don't even put them on TV in prime time. The nrl boss's are a joke.

I could never imagine the nrl helping the Raiders like this. They don't even put them on TV in prime time. The nrl boss's are a joke.

Agree that's my point. I hate the AFL, however they look long term and have huge goals they are trying to achieve. They pay the salary of high profile players and offer salary cap discounts in areas where AFL isn't the dominant sport to grow it's market. NRL have no such ambition or drive to make their product stronger by 'spreading the love'. Instead they have agendas to favour a few and screw the rest.

Last night i saw footage of the Broncos training and their shorts sponsor is 9 News. I'm pretty sure no other club has the sponsor of the paying FTA TV network on their apparel which goes to show CH 9 want the Broncos on every Friday night.

The cynic in me thinks Des's fine was deliberate so that uncle Toddy fines Des (bulldogs pay the fine) to portray that the Dogs are not favoured by NRL management in the lead up to the finals.. I mean openly stating to send a breach notice to Greenburg in a press conference what was the result going to be?

Will be interesting to see how the 49'ers take advantage of it if he does make the cut. Games are on day time Monday, they are three hours long and can be very boring, the team will be terrible and he'll probably wave off just as many punts as he runs back. Not a friendly game for the casual viewer...
If you're watching to watch Hayne you're doing it wrong

BREAKING BIG SCOOP...Jarryd Hayne has told family and friends he's in 53 man roster with @49ers

And this from the coach:

Head coach Jim Tomsula provided the strongest indication yet that Hayne will be part of his main squad on Monday.

"I'm pretty confident in Jarryd's abilty to field the ball," Tomsula said.

"I've watched a ton of tape of him fielding a rugby ball. I've seen him in practice, and in game situations.

"I feel very good about his ability to field. I feel good about his ability to perform with ball in his hands on special teams. The tackling, coverage part, I've seen lot of improvement. I've seen what I need to see. There's been a great evaluation on him."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/us-spor...man-roster-20150831-gjc46g.html#ixzz3kRollBHl

Time to back up the hard drive @Loobs? :sweating:

And this from the coach:

Head coach Jim Tomsula provided the strongest indication yet that Hayne will be part of his main squad on Monday.

"I'm pretty confident in Jarryd's abilty to field the ball," Tomsula said.

"I've watched a ton of tape of him fielding a rugby ball. I've seen him in practice, and in game situations.

"I feel very good about his ability to field. I feel good about his ability to perform with ball in his hands on special teams. The tackling, coverage part, I've seen lot of improvement. I've seen what I need to see. There's been a great evaluation on him."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/us-spor...man-roster-20150831-gjc46g.html#ixzz3kRollBHl

Time to back up the hard drive @Loobs? :sweating:
Or time to pull a Mavin and double down..?

If I end up wrong:

Last edited:
  • 😆
Reactions: Rex
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8